Back to ForumBack to top
smithpetraf - over 1y ago
Help

How do you change the walls? And also how do you change the background or when you look out the windows how do you see trees? How do you change the floor?

smithpetraf over 1y ago
25 replies
Lackew - over 1y ago

All of your questions & More can be found in the Manual here http://bit.ly/1bVgzk5 which is listed on the forums main page

Lackew over 1y ago
Madge2017 - over 1y ago

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but I will give it a shot....

If you wish to change the height of the walls, click on a wall.  A panel will open on your left that allows you a choice of height and width.  All walls will be the same height, but you can vary the widths individually.

If you wish to change the length of the walls and adjust the size of the room, click on a wall and drag it.  

If you wish to change the colour of a wall, look at the panel on the left.  Click the paintbrush tab to open your wall, floor and ceiling choices.  Choose one and drag it to your drawing.  As you hover your choice over your room, the circle with the check mark will turn an olive colour to indicate it can be applied.  You can apply your choice to an individual wall by dropping it directly on the wall, or  you can colour all walls at the same time by dropping it onto the box that show up.  Likewise with the ceiling.  The floor is coloured by dropping your choice directly on the floor.   Most choices can go on walls, floor, ceilings, some doors and some windows.

Scenery is applied by uploading a photo and dragging it into your design in the scenery box that pops up.  To see how this is done, look in the manual here:  https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/media.eu.mydeco3d.com/media/manual/manual-en-2013-v1.pdf

Madge2017 over 1y ago
Madge2017 - over 1y ago

Also, there are some very short helpful videos on youtube that show these key concepts:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegMBmG4PZaDgh7PYkdbtpQ

Madge2017 over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Because the questions were not specific is why I directed to the manual. Hopefully you were a better help Madge & they will reply to your efforts!

Lackew over 1y ago
Madge2017 - over 1y ago

Sorry, Lackew... I was not implying your directions were lacking.  I had started a reply earlier, seeing no one had yet answered, then walked away to catch the phone.  When I came back, I continued typing, not bothering to check if someone had answered while I was away.  My mistake!

Madge2017 over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

No prob Madge I didn't mean you implied anything.  Just that you had given so much effort to assist I really hope it helps moreover that they come back to even see it.  So many ask for help here but do not acknowledge the answer so we never know if they even come back to their question has been answered. That is why I took the lazy way out on this, lol!

Lackew over 1y ago
Madge2017 - over 1y ago

When I write an answer in a searchable forum, I try to leave a detailed answer that has key words I would search for if I were looking for answers.  Even if the original poster were not to come back, maybe it will help someone later.

By the way, you did not take the easy way out... you gave them the best advice that could be given! :)

Madge2017 over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Well you have the right idea but some do not use the search which is proof that many questions have been asked & answered 100s of times before, lol!

Lackew over 1y ago
Madge2017 - over 1y ago

Don't I know it... some threads I have read even have multiple posters asking the same question the original poster asked, obviously not reading the answers already given.  "See answer above" was a repetitive answer in a thread I read yesterday!

Madge2017 over 1y ago
smithpetraf - over 1y ago

How do you do a loft?????!!!!! Help, plz NOW

smithpetraf over 1y ago
Madge2017 - over 1y ago

Sorry, smithpetraf, that is waaaaay beyond my skill level.  Hopefully someone else can help you with that.  I know a lot of it is about illusion, and that is often created using pedestals and other architectural items, but that is about all I can figure out.

You can look over the past contests in the link found at the bar near the top of your screen.  When you find a design similar to what you are thinking of, enlarge the design by clicking on it.  In the lower right corner, you will be able to click on "remix" to open the design for editing.  By pulling the design apart (you won't change their design at all), you might be able to figure out how they did it.

You can also search the forum using words like "loft," "second story," etc to read answers others have posted to similar questions.  Good luck!

Madge2017 over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Feel free to poke round this tri level if you keep it private ;)

Lackew over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

oops 

Lackew over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Also it would be to your benefit to read the Tips & Tricks in the forum https://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/5083 

Lackew over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

@Smithpetraf, plz keep in mind that answers are given from other members as a curtesy who are from all over the globe in different time zones.  So you shouldn't expect an answer immediately ;)

Lackew over 1y ago
abemenashe - 3 months ago

Design Within Reach provided me with a link to homestyler, but many of the features were missing. I got started with that limited version and also purchased credits which I have not yet used. 1) How can I transfer my plan to the full version along with my credits so I can properlycomplete my design?
I went to homestyler.com, and the tab that offers to open an existing room only returns me to the hwr version and its limitations. PLEASE ASSIST ME.

abemenashe 3 months ago
Theadora - 3 months ago

Contact Roomstyler directly to ask for assistance.

https://roomstyler.com/contact 

Theadora 3 months ago
321simple - 2 months ago

Hey, can someone please tell me how to open a door? thx

321simple 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

@321simple

Make a door or window opening, draw a wall at any angle that's not attached on either end to another wall and drag and drop a door/window onto that wall. The unattached wall will disappear when the design renders and you're left with an open door/window.

Remix my example and remove the deck to see how it was done.

Btw, no need to post your question twice, saw it the first time ;)

https://pages.floorplanner.com/interprint-contest/ 

Theadora 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Don't know what happened there, wrong link.

Theadora 2 months ago
321simple - 2 months ago

thx Theadora, helped me allot.

321simple 2 months ago
abemenashe - 2 months ago

AQUARIUMS: I do not see any aquariums in your options. Please consider adding them. I am looking for a freshwater aquarium with plants. Here are some samples of mine.

abemenashe 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

@abemenashe

Please add your request to "Community Requests" in the green section at the top of the Forum page.

https://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/7290  

Theadora 2 months ago
hauser - 2 months ago
hauser 2 months ago
starsector - 2 months ago

Hi abe, click on Hauser's image to bring up the file, then use the Remix button to open to the planner.  When you click on the items, you can see the name on the left panel, then just search for those in your planner.

If they don't come up for you, then it's possible you're not using the main roomstyler.  You might be using one of the 'white label' programs created by Roomstyler for specific retailers.  They have a much, much smaller catalogue inventory than the main Roomstyler.  You can check this by opening a planner, than look at the URL at the top of the browser.   You should only see the name Roomstyler repeated several times.  If you see any other name, like DWR, LivingSpaces, Yoo, etc. that's means you're using a white label program.

starsector 2 months ago