Back to ForumBack to top
PenAndPaper - 8 months ago
One room two heights?

I've seen rooms where it's like a 20' room and it has a second story within it at around 10'. Like a loft. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how they did it. Anyone have tips for that?

PenAndPaper 8 months ago
5 replies
starsector - 8 months ago

Hi Pen, you can open a copy of someone's design to learn tips and tricks by using the Remix button.  You can click around to learn items and techniques, but don't worry, you cannot affect the original. 

For the illusion of 2 stories, members generally use items in the architecture tab such as pedestals and mezzanines 

starsector 8 months ago
PenAndPaper - 8 months ago

thank you. I was afraid I would mess up someone else's design. I'll do that now.

PenAndPaper 8 months ago
hauser - 8 months ago

Remember, it is always an illusion ...

hauser 8 months ago
starsector - 8 months ago

Hi Pen, no, it's just a copy, you can't affect the original.  ;)  The site 'netiquette' is 1) open and poke around, but preferably don't save a copy.  If you save it, the original creator will get a remix notification.  2) if you do save it to learn from, keep it Private on your profile (they are Private by default).   We all learn from each other, that's how we've built up so many amazing tricks and work-arounds over the years, so have fun creating! 

starsector 8 months ago
Earvette - 1 month ago

Well, I hope to find another trick to create stairs, or other type of windows or doors. I like creating architectural elements here, cause I think they are a part of design. I hope we`ll have more architectural elementsand features in build tab. I`m running out of ideas how to do some things, that I like.

Earvette 1 month ago