Back to ForumBack to top
simiia - 3 months ago
New Apartment Needs to be Furnished

Hi there,

We have bought a newly built  flat which needs to be furnished. The flat is located in Gothenburg, Sweden and has a magnificent view of water, bridge and park in front of it. You can get some idea by looking at the following pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hl3bgvwwz9q1xo1/AAAq4n-fx-isN8Dt07KohYDua?dl=0

We would like to have Minimalist Scandinavian style within the flat and I am specially interested in products from BoConcept and Bolia. I have started the design by recreating the planing which can be found here:

https://roomstyler.com/3dplanner?room_url=https://roomstyler.com/3dplanner/rooms/29230367/29230559

I have put some items in kitchen and bathrooms but these are not the ones we have chosen. I have put them just to give you some ideas; however, the blueprint of the flat with more details is among the pictures I mentioned earlier. The kitchen cabinets are in light gray, while the worktop is a white stone.

I wonder if you can help me to furnish the flat.

Best regards

/Sima

simiia 3 months ago
36 replies
simiia - 3 months ago
simiia 3 months ago
simiia - 3 months ago

Here comes my first try getting inspired by some of the work you have done! :)

simiia 3 months ago
chania - 3 months ago
chania 3 months ago
chania - 3 months ago
chania 3 months ago
simiia - 3 months ago

Wowwwww Chania, this is amazing and at the same time very practical! Thank you very much! I really liked the dining table as BoConcept has almost exact replica! The way you combined different colors of a modular sofa is very inspiring. The picture of water outside the windows which emerge through the blinders is so real to my eyes who seen the flat from inside :)

simiia 3 months ago
chania - 3 months ago
chania 3 months ago
chania - 3 months ago
chania 3 months ago
chania - 2 months ago
chania 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Hi simiia, here is an idea for your living room, hope you like it. :)

Theadora 2 months ago
millerfam - 2 months ago
millerfam 2 months ago
millerfam - 2 months ago
millerfam 2 months ago
meggle - 2 months ago

meggle 2 months ago
meggle - 2 months ago

The first design I posted (this above) is a HD panorama render. 

Here are the bedroom, and kids room ( I made it for a girl ), anyways hope you like the designs, hope you get some inspiration ! 

meggle 2 months ago
meggle - 2 months ago

meggle 2 months ago
Sally Simpson - 2 months ago

Dining Area. Hope you like it :)

Sally Simpson 2 months ago
Valentinapenta - 2 months ago

Congrats on the new apartment.  I remember doing a place for you two years ago.  It was in the same building I think.

Valentinapenta 2 months ago

Bedroom:

Theadora - 2 months ago

Master Bedroom.

Theadora 2 months ago
simiia - 2 months ago

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the attention and kindness to put your time on this !!!! I don't know how to thank you! All designs are very beautiful and inspiring  and I am sure I will get and apply ideas from each of them :)

@Theadora: Hi Theodera, that is completely correct. You have done a design for me less than 3 years ago. We are living in that apartment right now. These two flats are almost in the same area of Gothenburg but not the same building or even street :) For the current flat that we live in I have applied your idea to a great extent. Especially when it comes to location of furniture and their shape :)

simiia 2 months ago

I'm happy you applied some of my ideas in your current apartment.  Gothe

Gothenburg looks like a wonderful place to live.  I follow a real estate site located there.  It's called Alvhem.  It also has a design service and shop.

ZuzanaDesign - 2 months ago
ZuzanaDesign 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Kids Room.

Theadora 2 months ago

Living Room:

chania - 2 months ago
chania 2 months ago
chania - 2 months ago
chania 2 months ago
ZuzanaDesign - 2 months ago
ZuzanaDesign 2 months ago
chania - 2 months ago
chania 2 months ago
chania - 2 months ago
chania 2 months ago
chania - 2 months ago
chania 2 months ago
chania - 2 months ago
chania 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Other side.

Theadora 2 months ago
chloe_mccarty - 2 months ago

hello! sweet house! do you want the layout of the furniture set up/arranged the same way it is in the blue print? or can we re-arrange it?

chloe_mccarty 2 months ago
chloe_mccarty - 2 months ago

and is the 2nd bedroom (smaller one) just a guest room? kids room? if yes boy or girl?

chloe_mccarty 2 months ago
simiia - 2 months ago

Hi everyone!

Thank you indeed for all this creativity and kindness! I have been away for a while not checking the forum. Oh you are all great! My husband and I were looking at the these designs and were comparing them with pictures I took today from apartment which is still under construction. It was a joyful comparison as you could see what the apartment may look like and feel after it is done. 

I have added my photos to the Dropbox. Please visit them if you are interested and curious.

@Chania: Hi Chania, thank you for your great work. I really love your taste! You also helped me with the current flat I am living it :)

@Chloe: Hi Chloe, there is no limitation for how furniture should be arranged. And the second bedroom is for my 3 years daughter :)

simiia 2 months ago