Back to ForumBack to top
anchajaya - 1 month ago
To: Mr. Jeroen Bekkers CEO

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for the credits you gave me and I have been utilizing them to the best I can.

The last few months the rooms I submitted behaved normally - the floated up and down pages as you would expect on the feeds.

Starting three days ago, April 5th, 2019 my rooms completely disappeared from the pages (just like we discussed before).This is obviously not programming. I was wondering what the reason is for my rooms to be censored.

Thank you for looking into this.

Sincerely, Anchajaya

anchajaya 1 month ago
26 replies
starsector - 1 month ago

Hi jaya, that happens to all of us sometimes, the feeds just glitch sometimes :)

starsector 1 month ago
anchajaya - 1 month ago

Thank you starsector, to be honest with you, I have watch this very humanistic, discriminating "glitch" happened many times through the years with myself and other designers as a way to get rid of them so only a few remain handful designers are left as "popular" 

I have returned to RS to continue to test on this and I am posting it here so everyone is aware this "glitch" has been reported. I am sure this "glitch" will not happen again for a little while now I made an announcement :) 

anchajaya 1 month ago
anchajaya - 1 month ago

This "glitch" usually happens Friday to Wednesdays, and not happen on Wednesday and Thursdays.

anchajaya 1 month ago
starsector - 1 month ago

Are you referring to the Newsfeed page? or the Main Page?  We only see 'actions' in our newsfeeds from people we follow, so if someone we follow comments on our rooms, we will see our own room on the page.  But if someone we don't follow comments, or Hearts it, it doesn't necessarily show up.

As for the front page, the presentation is based on an algorithm.  I don't know the programming of course, but generally speaking if someone gets quite a few Hearts in a short period of time, it could show up on the front page, then continue there for several days (depending on the # Hearts that continue), but then starts to taper off after 7 days.  

In these two circumstances, it's not a glitch, it's just how it's set up for 'trending'.  It's entirely based on how many members are clicking hearts/leaving comments.

starsector 1 month ago
anchajaya - 1 month ago

The rooms disappear from the "Discover" pages. Suddenly, without any reason, six of my rooms disappeared from the first page.

I know what you're saying is true for you, but you need to look into what happened to others.

anchajaya 1 month ago
anchajaya - 1 month ago

A side note for RS/Floorplanner:

If the company doesn't wish to promote 360 panorama rooms renders they should make it clear and remove that option, my effort in promoting this option has been "glitched" off the discover page too many times for me to many another attempt.

anchajaya 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

You made 6 rooms in the last 27 days. 

All of them with the exception of Interprint 00 (which only got 14 likes) show between pages 1 and 11 on the Discover page.

There are a lot of members, quite a few of them produce a lot more rooms than you do so it is logical that in 27 days your 6 designs are spread out over 11 pages.

Theadora 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

Correction - 5 designs.

Theadora 1 month ago
starsector - 1 month ago

Hi Jaya, the Discover pages uses a different algorithm than the main page to highlight 'trending' rooms.  But again, it's still based on # Hearts/comments over a given period of time.  (I'm not sure what's going on with the Panaroma page since it's looks to me that it's only showcasing those produced within the last 24hrs.)  But since there are over 100,000 members posting public rooms (and only a few hundred who participate in the community with Hearts/Comments), it's not surprising that rooms move down on the trending feeds pretty quickly as new rooms are added at a far faster frequency than hearts/comments.  Also, I think most people post new rooms over the weekends which also impacts the positioning from Friday through Monday.  

No worries, though, your designs are fabulous and I'm always thrilled to see them in my Newsfeed, in contests, or on the Main Page :)

starsector 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

I don't remember on which forum thread I read this but Jeroen Bekkers mentioned a while ago that there will be some changes happening to Roomstyler, he did not elaborate "because that was another story". I'm just guessing but maybe that's the reason the Panorama and Photorealistic showcases on the Discover page have not been kept up.

Theadora 1 month ago
anchajaya - 1 month ago

I am sure you ladies are all correct to be speaking for the CEO of the company. 

No deny that you all know him best from years of being monitors of the forum.

I am keeping my sentences simple in case of translations:

Design home, a game app by Crowdstar has just released a new additions flooring, wall and styles options to their interior design games. There are profitable in-game purchase options.

While I have visions for RS platform develop into a VR market, it is at a standstill. The "glitches" need to be resolved before it can compete with current fast growing VR market. The end result of these business damaging “glitches” are:

1. Professional designers will not/have not return. 

2. RS clients will become underage children using this as games, with no credit card to make rendering purchases. No money, no jobs for staff.

3. Manufactures stop participation and payments from the company's lack of focus and goal.

Business owners are the LAST to know about power struggles with their staff. No staff would speak up in fear of creating more tension with coworkers.

What is popular here in RS community does not reflect the real numbers I see on facebook page, so winning the contests or being “popular” doesn’t reflect the current market I see. My rooms has been test rooms designed for RS partner DWR these last few months with credits given to me from my winnings, I have no real personal gain by participating.

anchajaya 1 month ago
anchajaya - 1 month ago

The glitches that cause the disappearance of rooms has been on going for years with no real resolution are indicators that this is how things will remain and there is no real reason to continue to put forth more effort in promoting RS products.

anchajaya 1 month ago
starsector - 1 month ago

Hi jaya, I cannot speak for markets or even for Mr. Jerron, just going by my own observations from being on the site a long time.  I'm sorry you're disappointed in some outcomes.  

I guess I'm still a little confused because I don't see that any rooms have 'disappeared'.  The algorithms create 'trending', for a time on speciality pages (Main, Discover, NewsFeed), but then other's take that place since they are trending.  But all the rooms are still on our own profiles (and contest pages) so nothing has disappeared from what I can tell.

starsector 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

@starsector, it's really no use trying to reason with this person.

I had a very similar "conversation" with her on one of her designs about 2 years ago. With the help of my I.T. daughter I tried to explain how a site like this works but to no avail.

She insisted that there was a dark entity (a RS staff member) who was sabotaging her and the RS company. Seems she still thinks the same way.

She also threatened to go on the Internet to warn people not to use Roomstyler. If I remember correctly I contacted RS at that time and informed them.

She made the design with this very long conversation private shortly after and has as of this week removed it from her website.

She is a great designer who marches to her own drummer, unfortunately in this case that's not a good thing.

Theadora 1 month ago
starsector - 1 month ago

Jaya is definitely a unique and creative designer!  I'm sorry she's not feeling encouraged by the site lately <3

starsector 1 month ago
JeroenBekkers - 1 month ago

Sorry for not responding earlier but I have been out of the office for the last 2 weeks due to family circumstances.  

I can assure you all rooms showing up on our homepage or other discover pages are shown by an algorithm.  There is simply not even a way for us to make exceptions or changes to the order or drop rooms from the homepage.  This algorithm is a bit wonky and can be improved for sure. We just haven't been paying too much attention to it and nobody dares to touch it because it might break ;-)  The last 1.5 year we have not been updating Roomstyler that much because all our focus was on the new version.

We only made sure we did run contests, repaired bugs, added new furniture and made sure all servers were running properly but the attention of our team has been focussed on the new version of Roomstyler: Floorplanner . 

I think we are pretty close now and I cannot wait until the moment you will be able to import your existing Roomstyler rooms into Floorplanner as we think you are going to make great things with it.   You can already take a look at  www.floorplanner.com/demo    Here you can play with all the same items as in Roomstyler but in realtime 3D, multiple camera's , better construction tools and much more.  

Our plan is to provide you in the coming months with the tools to migrate your rooms to the new  version  (only when you want of course) . The whole roomstyler website will remain , perhaps a bit renewed. But we want to organise more contests and add more content but you will be just using an updated tool to produce your rooms. 

Anyway, I am sorry for the misunderstanding about how much curation is done on Roomstyler at this moment (pretty much none) and the lack of attention we have been paying to important details like this in the past 1.5 year.  It is definitely not the case that we don't value this community,   We are actually very grateful for the creativity you are all displaying via the tools we make.  We are simply a small group of programmers and designers that love the idea of building better tools so people can make awesome things and see you as great ambassadors of our tools!.   As a company we are small but profitable (we have  real estate agents  and furniture retailers using our software) and are not owned by VC's or investors  so we can have a long term view. 

Most of the things you might observe of not answering forums or irrational algorithm behaviour are simply not intentional and are more negligence (sorry for that) and part of our never ending to-do list. 

Anyway, hope this gives you a bit more insight.......

JeroenBekkers 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

@JeroenBekkers

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the update!

These changes are going to take a lot of getting used to, it's all looking weird but exciting  to me, lol.

Adjustable furniture, being able to float items so you can finally put things on shelves, just 2 things people have always wanted to be able to do. 

So many changes we'll need a new manual! :)

I signed up with Floorplanner eons ago and never really used it because if I remember correctly, at that time you only got 1 try and had to pay for more.

Question: Is there going to be a fee to use Floorplanner?

Theadora 1 month ago
anchajaya - 1 month ago

Thank you for your answers, I am sorry to bother during a difficult time. While trying to promote RS with credits you gave me from 2 years ago and my winnings, it has been like swimming in the dark alone with sharks ready to bite every time I make a move.

The current “glitch” in your algorithm is very damaging to your business and RS designers’ confidence. I hope the same will not exist in RS/Floorplanner 2.0

Here are my suggestions for version 2.0:

1. Options to block and delete comments from internet trolls. Personal attacks by current RS troll is a major reason many including myself left RS.

2. A button to contact designers privately for permission to remix, to avoid future copyright issues.

3. Credits from RS transferable to RS/Floorplanner 2.0.

4. Beta testers identified by a symbol, my being a tester has led to many misunderstandings.

5. Classified section for freelance opportunities.

6. Sustained IT support.

I will discontinue my promotions and close my RS folders until further notice. I am excited for the merge of your platforms, I hope I will have the opportunities to be your Beta tester again in the future.

Sincerely,

Anchajaya

anchajaya 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

@Anchajaya

You"talkin'" about me? - I remember the same shark comment from 2 years ago....

1. If you don't like my comments on this forum thread, you can mark them as spam and someone at RS will decide whether they should be deleted.

2. You can delete any comment made on a design  by clicking on the red flag and it will disappear immediately.

You're Welcome! :)

Theadora 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

Correction: comments made by someone else on your design.

Theadora 1 month ago
anchajaya - 1 month ago

Yes, Theadora, all trolls like you need to be blocked, I don’t discriminate. :)

anchajaya 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

Me a troll? I don't think so.

The one and only communication we have had in these past 2 years was a friendly "conversation" 28 days ago on Meggle's room make-over request "Apartment in Seoul".

Just to refresh your mind:

https://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/11306 

Theadora 1 month ago
kitty - 1 month ago

@JaroenBekkers thank you for taking the time to post-I think what you and the team do is amazing and I feel lucky (as I'm sure most of the community do) to have this creative outlet available to me for free.

Personally I couldn't get on with Floorplanner but who knows?

Meanwhile keep doing what you do 

kitty 1 month ago
Saoirsea - 1 month ago

"A button to contact designers privately for permission to remix, to avoid future copyright issues.?" => Do you means  the things that are freely available for everybody here on RS to use ? If so, than you can't really talk about copyright in a traditional way because you don't own those digital items.  Its only a different situation when you import your own images (i.e. picture that you've taken or backgrounds you designed yourself in photoshop) when other people would use it without your permission. With that being said, right now I don't have time to read the whole T&S but most of the time other digital service are like 'when you upload something you give us permission to use it on our page'. 

Saoirsea 1 month ago
David - 1 month ago

Hi all! We've got some video tutorials and a written manual available on this page: https://www.floorplanner.com/support  - all Floorplanner based and produced by Nico!

David 1 month ago
kitty - 1 month ago

Hi David, thanks! I will give it a look.

hopefully I'll get as inspired by that as I do Roomstyler!

kitty 1 month ago