Back to ForumBack to top
amberm145 - 1 month ago
Curtain distance from floor

I just discovered RoomStyler. I raised the height of my windows, and now all the curtains I select are pasted to the wall way too low. I remixed this image, https://roomstyler.com/3dplanner?room_url=https://roomstyler.com/3dplanner/rooms/14544999/14545002 and the curtains used there have the option to set the distance from the floor. None of the 4 different random curtains I've tried allow me to do that. How do I find curtains with that feature? I tried searching on the curtain used in this remix, even though it's not really the look I want, just to see. But "draped curtain" seems to bring up a whole lot of different options, again, none have the option I'm looking for. 

amberm145 1 month ago
10 replies
starsector - 1 month ago

Hi Amberm, most of the curtain have the option to raise it from the floor.  The only way to know (until you learn them all) is to drag a set from the left hand panel across your planner grid across a wall.  As you do so, you'll notice the wall section lights up in the blue highlight.  That's a quick way to know.  Once you release it against the wall, it should snap to the wall.  

Then click on the curtain again.  When you do so, you should notice the left hand panel open which gives you a toggle to adjust the height from the floor.  If the curtain is as tall as your wall (or taller), you will not be able to adjust it higher (you would need to make your walls taller).

Hope that helps.

starsector 1 month ago
amberm145 - 1 month ago

That does help, starsector. Thank-you! Looking through the 22 white curtains, there's only about 4 that work. But watching for the blue highlight saves me at least 2 mouse clicks per attempt, so it's much faster!

amberm145 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago

You have to learn to see rooms you want to create with "RS" eyes.  It doesn´t matter if a curtain is too short, if you can´t see the gap .  Put something in front of the gap or work with the camera position . 

hauser 1 month ago
starsector - 1 month ago

Good advice, Hauser!  :)

starsector 1 month ago
starsector - 1 month ago

One of the things we all learn on Roomstyler is 'compromise', ie, do I want the right length of curtain?  Or do I care more about the style/color?  As Hauser said, there are ways of covering up what isn't perfect, like another object, and so many other tricks :)

starsector 1 month ago
amberm145 - 1 month ago

Yes, but when all the curtains are stuck to the floor and not covering the windows, it's kinda hard to put furniture in front of them. 

amberm145 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

Adjust the size of the windows. :)

Theadora 1 month ago
amberm145 - 1 month ago

Large windows was a key component of the design. Or perhaps it's an actual room that I'd be trying to recreate, so making them smaller would be counterproductive.

Starsector answered the question in the first response, thanks. 

amberm145 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago