Back to ForumBack to top
cclethbridge - 13d ago
New Room 70's style

Please can you design my bedroom in a  retro 70's style. All furniture items you can choose apart from the bed which is a single.

cclethbridge 13d ago
10 replies
cclethbridge - 13d ago

Measurements are as follows,

back wall with door 4m

side wall on the right 4m

wall with windows 4m

chimney breast across 2m

depth of chimney breast 0.5m

cclethbridge 13d ago
cclethbridge - 13d ago

Bed is called Magnolia Home Colonnade Twin Metal Panel Bed.

Thank you

cclethbridge 13d ago
Theadora - 12d ago

The seventies were pretty colourful, hope you like it. :)

Theadora 12d ago
cclethbridge - 11d ago

I love it, thanks so much!

cclethbridge 11d ago
Theadora - 10d ago

Hi there, here is another idea, this time I toned down the colours and only used 70's wallpaper.

Theadora 10d ago
cclethbridge - 9d ago

That's much more calm and relaxing. I think too many colors could be too overwhelming.

cclethbridge - 9d ago

I designed this room myself similar to the second design but I wanted some other ideas too. I think i'm  really into the second room. Thanks so much.

Theadora - 9d ago

Lol, I totally agree with you. Before I did the first room I googled the seventies and was reminded of the wild colour patterns (my mom's wallpaper was red/orange with clashing yellow/brown curtains) - but hey, that's what I thought you wanted ;)

Glad you like the second one. :)

Theadora 9d ago
cclethbridge - 9d ago

Thanks. My grans house is like a portal to the 70's. Being in the kitchen too long can give you a headache. Also when I was designing a room I was having difficulty placing the curtains. They always went to the other side of the wall. I checked that the wall height wasn't too low but it was fine so i'm a little stuck??? : {

Theadora - 9d ago

There is an inside and an outside to the walls. To fix it you need to delete the wall in question, draw it again and test which side the curtain (or any wall item) sticks to. If that does not work delete again and draw the other way. Of course the easiest thing to do is to use curtains that don't stick to the wall. ;)

Theadora 9d ago