Back to ForumBack to top
sasasim - 12d ago
Furniture distance to wall

Dear Forum

When I position my furniture directly against the wall, I see in the 3D view a distance between the furniture and the wall behind it. If I then push furniture into the wall on the 2D panel, it will see 3D correctly as if furniture was standing next to the wall (i.e. no distance between the back of the furniture and the wall).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

sasasim 12d ago
6 replies
Theadora - 12d ago

When the design renders the walls expand so placing the furniture against the wall and not into the wall is the way to go. :) 

Theadora 12d ago
sasasim - 12d ago

Hi Theadora,

I know that in design mode I have to put my furniture on the wall and not in the wall. But in 3D View  furniture is always displayed with a distance to the wall, even if in Design mode furniture sticks beautifully to the wall!

I'm not quite sure if you understood my problem?

Maybe you can understand it yourself when you put a fridge against the wall and then choose 3D view. Then you will see that there is a distance of about 30cm between the wall and the refrigerator. If you try to correct this distance in 2D design mode, it won't work, because it will show you that there is no distance between fridge and wall!

sasasim 12d ago
sasasim - 12d ago

I know now what the problem is, but I don't know how to solve it!

I have set my wall to a thickness of 30cm. If I look at it in 3D, it is very thin, without thickness!

It seems as if the thickness of the walls is not displayed in 3D at all. That's why I have the problem with the distances behind furniture!

Is this an error of the program or do I have to adjust something?

sasasim 12d ago
sasasim - 12d ago

...anyone can test it. Create a wall and place the camera in front of it to see the thickness of the wall. In 3D mode you will only see one sheet, so no wall thickness!

sasasim 12d ago
sasasim - 12d ago

...so I understood it :)

Only if the picture is rendered, the real wall thicknesses are set :)

sasasim 12d ago
Theadora - 12d ago

"When the design renders the walls expand ", sorry you misunderstood.

Theadora 12d ago