Back to ForumBack to top
derellams - 27d ago
Walls are appearing as scenery

For some reason some of my walls are appearing as the background scenery and some are showing up.  Anyone know how to fix this?

derellams 27d ago
14 replies
jjohn34 - 27d ago

nope

jjohn34 27d ago
RaeCam - 25d ago

are you maybe accidentally putting the pic on the walls?

RaeCam 25d ago
Mnmbeck - 16d ago

Mine is doing this, too.  It's bizarre.  It doesn't show on the photo as I am editing, but when I 'take a photo' and save it, it's just all scenery with floating furniture.  Very bizarre.

Mnmbeck 16d ago
Madge2017 - 15d ago

Mnmbeck, I looked at your room in question, and I think your problem is that your walls are not connected.  All walls need to be connected in order for a room to form, with a ceiling and floor.  If walls are not connected, they are what we call "wall stubs," or invisible walls.  They show in the preview, but not in the final render.  Great for floating items in mid air, creating illusions in the final design.  Not so great when trying to make four walls visible.  Maybe someone else can explain this better...

Madge2017 15d ago
Mnmbeck - 15d ago

The weird thing is that most of my photos worked just fine. The walls should be connected. It wasn't until I removed all of the furniture, carpet, etc (to create a new design) that this started. Same floor plan, walls, etc. Also, I now can't put in any kind of flooring, and when I try to place art on the wall, it goes to the 'other side' of the wall, so it isn't visible in the room. Totally bizarre and very frustrating.

Mnmbeck 15d ago
Madge2017 - 15d ago

Mnmbeck, I might have an idea of what happened.  It appears you started off with a room with four walls, floor and ceiling.  I think you might have split a wall and removed a couple of wall segments, adding the British Railing.  You seem to have been okay until you deleted the floor (the carpet).  That was what was holding the room together.  Below is a remix of Living Room 7 6.  All I did was delete the wall stubs, re-draw the walls, add rectangular openings from the door tab, and colouring the floor to match the carpet you had before.  When the walls completed the room, all your art and books flipped to the correct sides of the wall.  Is this close to what you were wanting?

Madge2017 15d ago
Madge2017 - 15d ago

derellams, which design were you having trouble with?

Madge2017 15d ago
Mnmbeck - 15d ago

Thank you thank you!!!!! This is wonderful! I was about to give up!!!!!!!

Mnmbeck 15d ago
Mnmbeck - 15d ago

Madge2017....how can I fix this?  I was hoping to use what you did and edit from there, but I am not sure how to do that?

Mnmbeck 15d ago
Mnmbeck - 15d ago

....I cannot find this photo anywhere except this forum.  (Sorry!  I'm really new to this!)

Mnmbeck 15d ago
Mnmbeck - 15d ago

I am 're-reading' what you said you did.  You said you 'deleted the wall stubs and redrew them.'  Can I just extend the wall all the way across the room?  And, did you just do this on hte left side of the floor plan?  I am not sure I understand how to fix this the way you did.  ...and I REALLY appreciate that you figured it out!

Mnmbeck 15d ago
Mnmbeck - 15d ago

I made all the walls 'whole' with large doors, hoping that would help.  I still can't put any type of flooring in.  Suggestions?

Mnmbeck 15d ago
Mnmbeck - 15d ago

It seems that the problem is now that 2 of the 4 corners (walls) are not 'recognizing' that they should miter together and be 'one'.  I'll save it as 'livingroom 8 with walls'.  Any suggestions?

Mnmbeck 15d ago
Madge2017 - 13d ago

Mnmbeck, sorry about not getting back sooner... real life kept me away!  So, I looked at your latest save.  In order to get the mitred corners which will produce a floor and ceiling, you will need to click on the dot to draw the new wall, and instead of dragging it longer, you will need to then click on the green icon just above the "wall dot."  You can then extend the wall to the corner of your room and when clicked, it will form the mitre for your corner.  The walls and ceiling will then appear.  Let me know if that makes sense.  Good luck!

Two good helps for me when I began here were the following: the manual and the YouTube videos by roomstyler.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/media.eu.mydeco3d.com/media/manual/manual-en-2013-v1.pdf

and

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegMBmG4PZaDgh7PYkdbtpQ

Madge2017 13d ago