Back to ForumBack to top
TeresaDesign - 5d ago
NEWBIE LOST HER FLOORS!

Hi ya'll.  I was just loving this program until I tried to change the hardwood floors to tile. So frustrating. And there is nowhere in the tutorials or manual that addresses this.  After coloring walls and doors, etc. I tried to drag a tile over to the room and NOTHING. It just drags itself back.  So I thought maybe I should delete the default hardwood floors first. Well they're gone (just white) and no way to get them back that I can tell.  What did I do wrong?  I would like to put in tile flooring in this split bath/laundry project (total gut job remodel).  

I would LOVE SOME HELP!  Public room entitled "bath and laundry rooms", and there are no walls showing, for some reason.  Thanks so much! 

11 replies
starsector - 5d ago

Hi Teresa, no worries, just delete one wall of room, then redraw the wall.  When you do that the default flooring should reappear. 

The Delete Floor button is only for fixing a particular glitch in the room (overlapping floors).  To just change flooring styles, drag and drop the swatch as you were doing.

It might be that you actually have some overlapping floors and that's why your swatch wouldn't change the floor.

If you want to make the design public, and post the link here, one of us can take a look and narrow down the problem :)

starsector 5d ago
TeresaDesign - 4d ago

Hi Starsector.  Thanks for the reply.  I did what you suggested and still, no default floor.   My design is public.   Hopefully this is the correct link; 

If thats not the right one, please tell which page (in my profile?) to go to to copy URL.   Thanks for any help with this! Teresa

Theadora - 4d ago

Hi TeresaDesign

The corner bottom right of your design was not connected properly. Also the wall across can not be created in bits and pieces. It needs to be one wall across and you can use an adjustable door opening.

I fixed you design, just copy it and go "Save as", my name will disappear. I will delete my copy of your design.

Theadora 4d ago
TeresaDesign - 4d ago

Wow thank you so much Theadora!  It even looks like a shower now. ha ha.  much thanks.  Teresa

TeresaDesign - 4d ago

Hey any way to raise a window?  I wanted that one to be high up. (more privacy :))

TeresaDesign - 4d ago

Oops, I clicked on it (above) to copy and it says it's private.  I also did not see it in my dashboard.  So where exactly do I copy it and 'save as'?  thanks!

Theadora - 4d ago

Click on the  window and you'll find that you can adjust the height, width and distance from the floor.

Might be a good idea to check out Roomstyler's Manual, it will help you a lot. :)

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/media.eu.mydeco3d.com/media/manual/manual-en-2013-v1.pdf 

Theadora 4d ago
Theadora - 4d ago

Sorry, it's public now. I'll delete it tonight...

Theadora 4d ago
Theadora - 4d ago

Click on Remix, bottom right of the design. Then go "Save as" and it will appear on your profile page without my name.

Theadora 4d ago
TeresaDesign - 4d ago

Dang, sorry to be a pain, but I did exactly what you said above and got what appears to be my old design but this time with the default floors back, nothing else.  https://roomstyler.com/3dplanner?room_url=https://roomstyler.com/3dplanner/rooms/35229204/35229233

Suggestions?  I love how yours looks.

Theadora - 4d ago

I deleted and re-drew the black walls, when you do that you automatically get the default floors back. Now you can drag and drop the flooring of your choice.

Theadora 4d ago