Back to ForumBack to top
Ninasche - 8d ago
Individual ceiling colors

Can someone please explain to me how to color the ceiling of adjacent rooms individually? I added a small room to a bigger one by adding walls manually then adding an opening the same height of the ceiling and the same width of the smaller room. I can add flooring individually, but not ceiling colors. It automatically paints both ceilings the same color. Is there a way to avoid that?

Ninasche 8d ago
7 replies
RaeCam - 8d ago

Here is the simple answer you cant sorry

RaeCam 8d ago
starsector - 8d ago

On options would be to use False ceiling pieces from the Architecture tab (all white) on one part of the house, then use the "Decorate Ceiling" function for a texture swatch everywhere else.  hth:)

starsector 8d ago
Ninasche - 8d ago

Thank you. I'm not into programming at all, but I'm thinking since a ceiling behaves very much the same as floors in other aspects wouldn't it easily be possible to solve this issue as well? Oh well, I'll just have to use my imagination.

Ninasche 8d ago
RaeCam - 8d ago

yeh lol

RaeCam 8d ago
starsector - 2d ago

Hi Ninasche, the Roomstyler team is working on an upgrade in their sister site, Floorplanner.com.  In the  near future, Roomstyler and Floorplanner will be using the same editor.  They do have free accounts available on Floorplanner, but I don't know if the Free version would have all the options you're interested in.  But check it out :)

starsector 2d ago
starsector - 2d ago

I'm sorry, I meant to specify that Floorplanner.com already has the option of different ceiling types.  In the near future, I believe Roomstyler will, too :)

starsector 2d ago
Ninasche - 13h ago

Thanks!

Ninasche 13h ago