Back to ForumBack to top
margaretm2 - 8d ago
Thank you! and a question about exteriors

I would like to thank the people who created Roomstyler and who maintain it. I just discovered it two or three weeks ago but already am hooked. I love it! I have looked at a few other online room creators but they are not nearly as good. 

I think I read that it is going to be integrated into Floorplanner? I hope not, as I tried that and didn't really like it. I hope Roomstyler remains as it is.

Also, thank you to the people who have answered my questions. You've been a big help. I know I ask a lot of questions, but I can't seem to get to the user tips page. I do search the forum first, though.

And now, I have another question. Can Roomstyler be used to do the outside of a house? If not, is there a program to do that? 

margaretm2 8d ago
3 replies
LB1981 - 8d ago

Yes you can do exteriors - look through the contest page and there are some past contests for gardens where designers have included the outside of buildings.

LB1981 8d ago

I know there are garden/yard areas that have been done.  If you are referring to the actual house itself.  I'm sure it can be done.  I think the only thing that might be problematic is putting a roof on a house.  I could be mistaken but I don't recall much in the way of roofs.  I know there are some but getting them on top I am not sure how that works.  Perhaps there is someone else that has made it work.  I am thinking however that a roof will not go any higher than your walls which would make it not appear correctly.  Again, I might be incorrect.  ***Watching for any updates, as I am interested in what if anything can be done***

starsector - 2d ago

Hi Margaret, the program and the items available are not really designed for exterior views of the house (like architecture).  However, we've come up with all kinds of tricks, illusions, and work-arounds over the years.  The best advise is that when you come across an exterior design, open it using the Remix button.  Poke around with your cursor to learn the items and tricks.  hth :)

starsector 2d ago