Back to ForumBack to top
LucretiaC - 3y ago
Seasoned Designers V
continuing mature discussions 
LucretiaC 3y ago
103 replies
Hi, Lucretia!  I really don't have anything to say - just didn't want you talking to yourself :)  
LucretiaC - 3y ago
Thank you so much Valentina, but no worries I am used to it so it may take a long long time ;) rflmao
LucretiaC 3y ago
Lackew - 3y ago
I am sooo loving the new accessories, not to mention all rugs on pedestals!!!!!!!
Lackew 3y ago
Lackew - 3y ago
just bringing this back to the top of the forum!!!
BTW miss you all!
Lackew 3y ago
When I get stuck I browse other designs and normally I will see many comments from Russ.  Havent seen anything from him in awhile.  Hope hs is doing OK!!!
Lackew - 2y ago
Welcome back Russ, I hope you enjoyed your time off!!!!!!! (hugggles)
Lackew 2y ago
russ - 2y ago
I just saw this Lackew, I have been fine! It's just that I am now working in an area of my career that I am unfamiliar with and frankly, it is "kicking my butt!" It just so happens we have had a few weeks off, but that is about to end. Not looking forward to going back and am really ready to retire. Wish I could, but the ante in our country seems to keep going up. :-(
russ 2y ago
Lackew - 2y ago
I am sure you will conquer the challenge! (sending blessings your way)

And I know what you mean, a few weeks hubby & I were discussing retirement plans & right now we are leaning towards getting a cabin cruiser to go to Belize to live on the boat! lol
Lackew 2y ago
russ - 2y ago
The boat thing was always my dream. When I was young, I worked for a few years on river towboats and always fantasized about retiring on a houseboat and cruise the beautiful country along the rivers. Now, I just want a small place, a small yard, good neighbors, a porch to sit on, a city bus stop not far, and not much to take care of!
russ 2y ago
Lackew - 2y ago
Well now maybe you can take over our small house? lol It has all the above including a private boat launch & a beach 1/2 mile away.

My veg/flower garden died from our recent flooding & I am so over it now, so I don't care about having a yard anymore & I Hate mowing lol. Not to mention there will be plenty of greenery to view while cruising the islands!
Lackew 2y ago
Lackew - 2y ago
I forgot to mention our last visit to Belize the exchange rate was 18 to 1, that is quite the bang for a buck lolol
Lackew 2y ago
russ - 2y ago
Oh yeah! That is a good point! Don't think I could leave my town and friends though. :-)
russ 2y ago
Lackew - 2y ago
Keep it in mind tho, we have about 5 yrs before he retires ! ;)
Lackew 2y ago
You live in Florida, right, Lucretia?  My family and I lived at Naval Station Mayport many years ago.   It was some prime real estate  - one block from the beach.  House wasn't anything to write home about but it was sufficient for our needs.   We've also been to Ambergris Caye in Belize many years ago after seeing CNN commercials for Francis Ford Coppola's retreat.  My kids loved both Mayport and Belize.  My husband and I aren't really beach people but we enjoyed them too.
Dont think I ever heard of Mayport, is it eat or west coast? I am west of Tampa near Clearwater. Lived here for 3 yrs before we found out there was a beach around the corner. lol  There are several nature parks we use to go to further up the road along Anclote River we would take our pup. The other wasn't pet friendly so we never went until our pup passed last year. A few friends & us usually have a cook out on Sundays.  Tents, umbrellas, coolers, music, corn toss, badminton, volley ball, boogie boards, sand castles...we have a blast! 

Didnt know about FF Coppolas retreat tho, will have to check it out next time!
Mayport is 30 minutes northeast of Jacksonville.   I've been to Tampa and Clearwater on business trips with my husband.  Yeah, Coppola got into Belize real estate early and now he owns several luxe resorts. 
I am just north of Clearwater, so let me know the next time you are in the area VPA!
It would be nice to meet you, Lucretia, but my husband is now retired so no more business trips.  Wonder how many community members do meet?  Know that Theodora has met with some fellow Roomstylers from Canada and Mandy has met with the Roomstyler team in Rotterdam.  Might make for an interesting discussion.       
Lackew - 2y ago
Since moving to Florida the only places I have traveled are the Caribbean & Bahamas (there really cheap last minute cruise deals) but mostly because I hate the cold! lol  It would be kewl to meet one day! 
Lackew 2y ago
Theadora - 2y ago
Hi there, just popping in for a minute to let you know that unfortunately my trip never happened. Due to deteriorating health I was/am unable to fly. Going to give it another try next year if health improves.

An awesome thing happened though, Orionaute (Francine) and I have become vast friends and communicate every day (probably a bit of a surprise to some after our rocky start LOL).

I also have contact with Bibiche (Francoise) and incredibly it turns out that my daughter Alice and Patrick Mallaley live within a couple of blocks from each other in Montreal!
Really looking forward to finally meeting them! : )

Theadora 2y ago
Sorry to hear you had to postpone your trip, Theodora.  It's cool that you and Francine are friends and you have personal connections with other members. 
Lackew, in my old age I don't like the cold either.  Perfect weather to me would be 70 degrees with mostly sunny skies all year round.  I can handle an occasional shower. 
Lackew - 2y ago
Hoping the next time things will work out for you Theadora (sending blessings your way). I visited Toronto during Harbour(?) Day weekend & the weather was so great I stayed Thanksgiving, thus celebrating it twice in 1 year. LOL

VPA the Sunshine states average temp is 80 but can feel cooler along the coast with the gulf breeze. Winter is our rainy season (instead of snow thankfully) but still not a lot.  We get daily afternoon showers in the summer that last about 30 minutes. But this summer my area had more rain in a few weeks than our yearly amount. I am in awe when it starts raining & the sun is shining!
Lackew 2y ago
Lackew - 2y ago
looking for more members?
Lackew 2y ago
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
Anyone here know where are Xvalidze, Kukimag, and Karmakitten now? I hope all of them are alright. I do miss to see their designs and moodboards as for Karmakitten. I hope they will be back soon to RS. Thanks in advance.
ayudewi382 2y ago
maureen smith - 2y ago
its so interesting to see people from all over the world connecting through roomstyler, seems like most people are from the states tho, planning on doing a trip to Miami mid next year. Im from south Africa but currently living in Dubai, if anyone is nearby let me know would love to meet. 
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
@Maureen, i think you are right. Even though i never met in real with any other member here, but somehow i do feel missed of them that aren't here anymore, once they were very kind and gave many sweets and supportive comments so i always remember not only their gorgeous, unique designs/moodboards but also their kindness. Well, Maureen i hope you a good luck to meet other member that also stays in Dubai :) As for me, i guess not so many member come from my country Indonesia or resident in Jakarta right now.
ayudewi382 2y ago
maureen smith - 2y ago
@ayudewi ill see you December will be in Bali for 1 week
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
@Maureen, will you visit Jakarta for couple days maybe? will glad to show you around, Maureen. Anyway, I already have a plan to stay at Bandung (West Java) after Christmas/near New Year. If you will visit Jakarta also, i can rearrange my trip or if you will visit in earlier of the month-before long holiday, i can meet you after work, Just let me know :) Anyway, i hope you will get a great vacation moments on your next trip to Bali :)
ayudewi382 2y ago
Lackew - 2y ago
I haven't seen Xvalidze in many months, as with a few of the members of this thread.  I haven't been here in a couple of weeks myself. Welcome aboard Maureen & Ayudewi!!
Lackew 2y ago
So where have you been?  Having some fun, I hope.  I'd also like to welcome Maureen & Ayudewi aboard.
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
Thank you very much, Lackew and Valentinapenta! Really appreciate this :) **Will waiting for your new designs, Lackew :)
And i do really hope to see Xvalidze, Kukimag, and Karmakitten here again in near future and really hope all of them are alright.
ayudewi382 2y ago
Ayudewi, I see that you're a writer and novelist which I find fascinating.  Who do you write for and what are some of your favorite novels?
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
Hi @Valentinapenta, to answer your question, well i am writing for one of a culinary magazine in my city, so i am a food writer :)

And for my novel, i can say i am still a beginner, since i have only published my debut last year (now still writing for my second novel, hopefully could finished it soon). For my favorite novels i love mostly from my country, classic literary i must say :)

Pramoedya Ananta Toer (Pram) is one of Indonesian writer that i enjoyed so far, Sometimes i might not agree with some of his political thoughts but i adore his fictional writing, most of his novels has written with deep thoughts of humanity. There are several other Indonesian writers that i put as my favorite writers.

And i do like some of worldwide writers. My first novel inspired also from Jerome K Jerome's Three Men in a Boat and Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. So, yes i enjoyed some Classic English literature. Not yet read many of them, but will do. Some of Japanese writer like Haruki Murakami includes to my favorite writer also. 

And, i enjoyed also reading several novels with food influences, for example Chocolat by Joan Harris, Laura Florand's chocolate novel series, and Anthony Capella's food novel series. 

How about you, Valentinapenta? Whats your favorite novels and writers?

ayudewi382 2y ago
A food writer - very cool!  As for me, I'm not an avid reader like my husband, but I enjoy it. Off the top of my head, some of my favorite authors are Bulgokov ( The Master and Margarita - probably the best book I ever read)  Walker Percy (The Moviegoer), anything by Somerset Maugham or Kurt Vonnegut, and Larry McMurtry (Lonesome Dove).  Also like reading biographies, detective stories and I collect cookbooks.  I like to cook and my family says I'm pretty good.  Btw, what's the title of your novel?
bgref - 2y ago
Sorry, I'm knew to this conversation, but I only know one other user of this site. The only other person who likes his stuff is Muzibaby. So you may not know him. RyanL we go to the same school.
bgref 2y ago
bgref - 2y ago
I like novels such as The Giver series.
bgref 2y ago
bgref - 2y ago
Hope you guys are ok with me joining this conversation 
bgref 2y ago
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
Thank you, Valentinapenta :) Hm, Bulgokov, one of my friend also recommend it, also for Kafka. I will need a very quiet time to read such as masterpiece :) 

Anyway, that's great, Valentinapenta! I wish i had more time to read more biography book but i did collected cookbooks, mostly come from my country and also pastry book ;) On my younger age, i also enjoy reading interior designs magazine that my father used to bought :) 

Love to know you did enjoy cooking! Always fascinate about home cooks. Well, i guess it would be great to visit you with others fellow member here one day and savor your home cooking :) Home cooking are always the best!!!!

Anyway, my debut novel didn't hit the audience too much, not a best seller kind a book yet (yet i wont stop to write because of that, because who knew of what will going happens in future hehe)  its got mix reviews from its readers which is I feel so grateful for. Opinions and critics are awesome so far, it helps me to learn about readers type in my country and so on, adding more knowledge so far. The cooperation experience with the publisher and Editor are also very interesting, still very grateful for the opportunity and moments.

The title is Sweet Karma and its only publish in my country only, as for now. The novel was one from 7 scripts which was chosen through a competition held by the Publisher. The theme is Seven Deadly Sins, so the main character must have one of the sins :) And I choose "Anger" as for the sin :)
ayudewi382 2y ago
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
@Bgref, well, of course i don't mind :) Anyway, will check the novel that you mention here, always open for new type of novels :) Well, yes i don't know RyanL/Muzibaby. But, that's great that you have friend in real life also joining RS :)
ayudewi382 2y ago
bgref - 2y ago
@Auydewi, I read design magazines too. Is your book in english. Sorry, not bilingual:) haha. 
bgref 2y ago
bgref - 2y ago
Thanks
bgref 2y ago
@ayudewi382  I easily found your book and your profile page on Goodreads - a great site. I'd like to read it but unfortunately I only read English.  I wish you good luck with Sweet Karma, your second novel, and your writing career.   So nice to see a young woman pursue her dream.
Welcome to Roomstyler, bgref! 
bgref - 2y ago
Thanks I've been for about five or six months now, it's very nice. Thanks Valentina
bgref 2y ago
bgref - 2y ago
I found Ayudewi's novel too. Wow, good luck with it.
bgref 2y ago
bgref - 2y ago
And many books, articals and novels to come.
bgref 2y ago
Lackew - 2y ago
Hey VPA, long time no chat, lol.  Considering our retirement plans I had to come out of semi retirement, lol.  I am at the grind stone full time again & the commute is kicking my butt.  I should be doing yard work right now but here I am.  I am so addicted to RS RFLMAO!

Welcome aboard Bgref!   Congrats on the novel Ayudewi, you are truly blessed to be able to pursue your passion!

Lackew 2y ago
So what are doing, Lucretia?  You've been missed.  Have to say, commuting is one thing I don't miss. .. and yard work was never my cup of tea although my yard certainly could use some attention.  I can hear all my industrious neighbors out there right now, trimming, mowing, and laying down mulch.  I just tell myself life is too short to worry about it, lol.   Really nothing new with me.  
bgref - 2y ago
Yeah @valentina, I'm so glad it's the weekend. But do have a lot of HW.
bgref 2y ago
Well Thank You sooo much Valentina (huggles) I am mgr for a Mobile Home Washing company & I never heard of such a thing until hubby told me a friends employer had an opening.  
I never worry about the yard work but with all the doors & windows open its a constant reminder that those little elves have yet to show up to take care of it, lol.

I never heard of it either but I guess mobile homes need a wash.  Love having the windows open but the noise on the weekends around here is a little much.  Ahh, suburbia - if I had to do it over again, I'd get a condo in the city.  
How old are you, bgref, and what grade are you in?   

bgref - 2y ago
middle school
bgref 2y ago
Oh yeah VPA I live on the main drag of our subdivision which 75% of the community traffic travel.  With an elementary, junior & high school is at the end our road.  We have no use for an alarm since we measure time by the traffic, lol.   Hubby has been working Sat to compensate for my lack of income.  He is home all weekend now  deserving all my attention (except when playing online golf). 

ayudewi382 - 2y ago
@Bgref, unfortunately the book only published in my country language, but thanks a lot for your curiosity and support :) 
ayudewi382 2y ago
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
@Valentinapenta & Lackew, that's a very sweet comment, thank you very much Valentinapenta & Lackew! Really appreciate it :) 
ayudewi382 2y ago
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
Anyway, glad to be here, despite our different age, nationality, and so on, but i found positive inspirations from many of you, such as the designs it self to humble personality of many members here (would be difficult to mention one by one :D ) I wish a great weekend for all of you :)
ayudewi382 2y ago
bgref - 2y ago
Thanks ayudewi, the weekend might be over for you because of time zones im not sure. but hope you had a good one.
bgref 2y ago
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
@Bgref, Yes true!
ayudewi382 2y ago
crosette - 2y ago
@Lackew, I was wondering about XValdize also. Definetely miss her brilliant designs.

crosette 2y ago
Lackew - 2y ago
Happy Mothers Day Ladies!
Lackew 2y ago
Thanks, Lucretia, and the same to you, even though I don't know if you have kids.  Both my sons are home for the weekend which is very nice.  
Just popped in & checking email before going to Mothers Day dinner, lol.  Going a day early since most restaurants here have a limited menu on most holidays so its surf & turf & champagne for me tonight.  Glad you have your sons there Valentina!  I only have 2 family in Florida, my only son in town & an uncle in Palm Beach (dont get to see him much tho).
My mom talked about moving down here but her hubby likes the cold weather :(  Miss her dearly & try not to think of her getting on in years but it is a part of life......
On the bright side my son may surprise me with another dinner out tomorrow, lol.
bgref - 2y ago
Dad and I took mom out to lunch today, our friends also came.
bgref 2y ago
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
Happy Mothers Day to all Mother-member-awesome designers here! :) I am not yet a mother, but once i almost had a baby, but God took my baby back to heaven :) Anyway, i wish you all have a great time on this weekend, and for all moms here- i hope you all had a wonderful Mothers day with your family :)
ayudewi382 2y ago
ayudewi382 - 2y ago
Happy Mothers Day, Lackew and Valentinapenta :) And Bgref, that's very nice to read, Happy Mothers Day for your mom :)
ayudewi382 2y ago
Thank you, Ayudewi.  
Lucretia, sounds like you had a great Mother's Day - surf and turf with champagne - who could ask for more!
Lackew - 2y ago
Thank you Valentina, Bgref & Ayudewi (I need to find an anagram, lol) and  I didn't get the 2nd dinner out but he gave my sally an oil change, tune & check up, wiper blades, etc,,, which was really needed since I have her back on the road. It didn't even occur to me that sally came out of retirement too, lol. 
Lackew 2y ago
So is your sally a mustang?  
Yes & shes is all grown up of 21 years, considered a classic now in great shape other than her top that is dry rotting with sun faded seats :(  She still looks good & purrs, just a little slow at roaring LOL.
Thought so, I love that Wilson Pickett song.  My college roommate had a 63 mustang (considered old then) that we drove all over the place.  Those were the days. 
bgref - 2y ago
I am not old enough to drive, however, my dad loves GTO pontiacs of like 1967
bgref 2y ago
I owned a used 1976 2 door Pontiac Ventura many, many years ago.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted considering I had 2 babies in car seats but it was cheap.  We didn't have much money back then.  I remember getting the kids in and out of it was a pain. Luckily, with two small ones I didn't get out very much LOL.
bgref - 2y ago
Sounds like an adventure.
bgref 2y ago
bgref - 2y ago
:)
bgref 2y ago
Lackew - 2y ago
OMG I had a Ventura too, lol. Yellow with back racing stripe on the sides, don't recall what year it was prob tween 72-74 but I had it in 78 until icy parking lot & brick retaining wall got in my way, lol. 
Lackew 2y ago
What a way to go!  
Lackew - 2y ago
Happy Fathers Day! This includes all the single parents that have dual rolls!
Lackew 2y ago
bgref - 2y ago
Yes happy Father's Day as of two days ago sorry have been a bit busy 
bgref 2y ago
Lackew - 1 year ago

Wanted to bring this forum back to life due to all the recent bickering & negativity in the contest pages. One would think it was politics, lol.  But it broke my heart to see adults berating the youngsters instead of setting examples in decorum.   I do miss chatting with everyone!

Lackew 1 year ago
bgref - 1 year ago

Hi!!!

bgref 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

I was looking through your previous discussions and I have to say, it was VERY entertaining! Hope I can join, though I'm not sure I'm qualified to be a "Seasoned designer".

afg15 1 year ago
bgref - 1 year ago

No everyone is welcome

bgref 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

Thanks bgref

afg15 1 year ago
Lackew - 1 year ago

Welcome back BGref! 

It was named Seasoned because I don't like to think of myself as Old, lol.  But this thread is open to all Afg15 altho the majority of the conversations maybe more appealing to your grandmother. 

My son is in his mid 30s & luckily he has Not made me a granny yet! ;)

Lackew 1 year ago
kitty - 1 year ago

I joined this site when it started as MyDeco- after a break of about 2 or 3 years when I just found I wasn't feeling inspired I'm back again and loving it!!!

So I suppose as Its been about 9years I am a very well seasoned designer!

kitty 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

@kitty- oh wow welcome back!

Lackew- thank you. I actually looked through your previous discussions, they were really entertaining. So don't think of yourself as old- at least not yet.

Come on, don't you want to be a grannny?

afg15 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

kitty- how do you like roomstylers new features?

afg15 1 year ago
Lackew - 1 year ago

Welcome aboard Kitty! I am sure you will enjoy all the new features lately :)

Afg15 nooooooo I am not looking forward to being a granny since I am still recovering from being a single parent RFLMAO ;0

Lackew 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

oops awkward... sorry :)

afg15 1 year ago
Lackew - 1 year ago

Nothing about life is awkward Afg so need to be sorry lol. I am just being selfish & wan to focus on myself for awhile! But when it starts being hard to get up & down I think my knees will be ready to bounce grandkids lol

Lackew 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

OK you go do what you want lol. you deserve some quiet in your life :)

afg15 1 year ago
marleinxs - 1 year ago

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you all know that I really like how users of roomstyler connect from all over the world! I love the fact that you have those conversations together ;)

marleinxs 1 year ago
Lackew - 1 year ago

Thanx Afg I am really a hell raiser but I do like peace at home! lol

Welcome aboard Marleinxs! Hopefully there will be a better online translator in the future  so we All can communicate here!

Lackew 1 year ago
marleinxs - 1 year ago

Yes that would be so nice! 

Sometimes I'm also struggling to translate things, but I feel like I find my way. And thanks by the way! I've been around from when this site used to be MyDeco, but I came back a while ago, and I'm loving it!!

marleinxs 1 year ago
Lackew - 11 months ago

just bringing this back to the forum top to fill it with Positivity, Community & Support!

Lackew 11 months ago
jade61356 - 11 months ago

I love reading about the designers here.. I just joined a few months ago, thanks to my friend, Linda Koen..  and it's so cool to see someone else who lives in Florida? I'm near Orlando.. and being a grandmother is so cool Lackew..  I was a "most of the time", single mom to 4 daughters, and have 8 grandchildren..  am currently raising 5 of them, with the help of one of daughters..  the 11 y/o boy is actually designing some rooms here. My two oldest grand daughters are my besties.. they keep me young in the head. This is such a cool community of talented people! So many young designers with incredible talent, and of course, original members, who are amazing!  I love this site. :)

jade61356 11 months ago
Lackew - 11 months ago

Welcome Jade61356! I am on the West coast north of Clearwater.

Kudos for being for being such a fab granny, I cant even imagine ;) I feel young all the time - except when I am around my son & his pals or do too much yard work lol.

I love this site so much I have to admit I am here way too much but I don't do TV so when hubby is in front of the tube I am on here & since my workstation is exactly tween Living room & kitchen I often make pit stops lol

If this site was around when I was 11yo I would have surely flunked out of school ;)

Lackew 11 months ago
jade61356 - 11 months ago

Thank you Lackew! (please call me Jade) I feel young.. and my grand daughters accuse me of being, " so random, or childlike", which I take as a compliment.. I am no longer married, and retired, so when they are at school, or the weather is rainy, and we can't do much outside, I come to design.. (guilty of being addicted).  One thing I am blown away by, is how some of these designers are in their teens, and soooo talented!  :)

jade61356 11 months ago
Lackew - 11 months ago

Thanx Jade but if you haven't noticed I am a lazy typist thus I would have shorten it sooner or later LOL.

BTW I just realized I smacked myself with the Old Glove.... the internet didn't exist when I was a teen & mainframe computers to up 50sqft.

Just imagine what the next generation will accomplish!

Lackew 11 months ago
Lackew - 7 months ago

Just wanted to say that I miss these chats and there is Especially a big void since the absence of Russ (hoping all is well)!

Lackew 7 months ago
jade61356 - 7 months ago

Good to hear from you Lackew! It is nice to talk to other designers..  Is everyone getting ready for the holidays? I'm feeling a bit like a Grinch this year.. sigh..

jade61356 7 months ago
Lackew - 7 months ago

HI Jade! I have the outside Xmas décor finished, and already regretting my hubbys Xmas gift choice. Went to a shelter looking for a pet to replace Pharaoh (pit rott mix) & a lady was there to surrender her 2yo pit that she adopted from there 4mo ago so we took him home. I knew he had issues, but we made the mistake of giving him too much attention the 1st day so now he Demands it & gets aggressive when we don't respond. So much so I considered taking him back.  We are his 3rd family in 1 year so I decided it was time to show him some tough love which appears to be working in only a few days I am happy to say.

He is already skittish when it gets dark so I don't want to try putting up a tree so soon!

I always feel like the Grinch when they start playing Xmas music right after thanksgiving, I need a breather in between the 2 holidays lol

Lackew 7 months ago
jade61356 - 7 months ago

I used to breed registered American PittBulls and yes.. be firm. They will run the house if you don't let them know, you are the pack leader.. sad he's had 3 homes, that will give him separation anxiety. Hopefully, he doesn't wreck the tree!  Good luck with your new addition.. with patience, I bet he turns out to be a wonderful companion.                                                                                                                        My one grand daughter is a nut about Christmas.. and is so excited, (she's 16), I give her eyerolls.. I just can't get into the spirit.. maybe after we put up some decorations, and a tree.. I have to at least smile, since I have 5 kids here.. who are all going to be getting that Christmas bug, soon.  Ugh... :)

jade61356 7 months ago
Lackew - 6 months ago

Awe so you have the advantage to be able to see thru the eyes of youngsters so I am sure they will pull you into the spirit in the Nick of time! lol

Ideally Xmas is a continuation of Thanksgiving; counting & sharing blessings, spreading Love & Joy, preparing for the New Year with optimistic expectations but the commercialization of it all can dampen any spirit ;( 

A friend asked me how can I get in the spirit without snow (a 4 letter word to me) & I said cold weather makes me grumpy.   Seeing a Palm tree with decorations, lights up my heart!

Lackew 6 months ago