Back to ForumBack to top
David - over 1y ago
Contest: Apartment Redecoration

Feel free to talk about things regarding this contest in here.

David over 1y ago
40 replies
David - over 1y ago

You are not allowed to change the placement of the windows or the balcony. If you want to you can try to recreate and improve the entrance and the kitchen setup.

David over 1y ago
CARMEND70 - over 1y ago

if it is a full apartment can we had walls for a bathroom?

CARMEND70 over 1y ago
hauser - over 1y ago
hauser over 1y ago
hauser - over 1y ago
hauser over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

@Carmend70 if I am not mistaken, there is already a bathroom down the hall.

Lackew over 1y ago
_xandra_ - over 1y ago

Do we need to add a bedroom or some place to sleep?

_xandra_ over 1y ago
CARMEND70 - over 1y ago

this is what I thought Lackew,there is down the corridor through the door another part of the house with other doors and rooms, the translation of the map says living room, just wanted to be sure,  thank you

CARMEND70 over 1y ago

do we need to design around the units below every window?

CARMEND70 - over 1y ago

can someone explain to me what is the purpose of the furniture in the kitchen area opposite the cooker and the snk, I an talking about the furiture that looks a bit like a kitchen island and a tall storage unit. Can it be removed?

CARMEND70 over 1y ago
Isabella_Palmeri - over 1y ago
https://www.funda.nl/koop/amsterdam/appartement-49200278-knsm-laan-551/ this is the real apartment with the whole plan ;)
Isabella_Palmeri over 1y ago
Interiors by Laura - over 1y ago

Are we supposed to leave the kitchen in the same location?

Interiors by Laura over 1y ago
CARMEND70 - over 1y ago

Isabella Palmieri, thank you so much for the link, I want to buy the flat now!!! cheers 

CARMEND70 over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

@Interiors By Laura, per David from above post:

You are not allowed to change the placement of the windows or the balcony. If you want to you can try to recreate and improve the entrance and the kitchen setup.

Lackew over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

I was wondering if we are judging this contest or the apt residents?

Lackew over 1y ago

Thanks Lackew, I was just wondering.  Recreate, decorate from a professional standpoint means to work with the area as is.  Replace the counter with another, replace the frig with another....etc.  Not to restructure the entire room and move it all the way to another wall when the pluming or electric is on a certain wall.  Maybe I am reading too much into this.  I just thought we were to use the floorplan as it was and keep the kitchen in the same area.  Perhaps I am wrong.

Margot van Brakel - over 1y ago

Hi designers, this is my apartment. The functions for the room are living, dining and cooking. Down the hallway there is a bathroom and bedroom, so these functions are not required in this room. 

Margot van Brakel over 1y ago
CARMEND70 - over 1y ago

well from a personal point of view  and for maybe others, I had a look where the plugs or the ceiling lights were , even in the kitchen area, and decided to keep the kitchen although change the island and the fridge position. If you design using logic it make perfect sense, if  you use creativity  is a bonus, if we follow the suggestions and maps and pictures:

the room is a living room with an added kitchen

we can not change windows  and balcony

we could try to modify the kitchen and the entrance set up

Interiors I agree with your point of view but I believe we are given some options 

have fun everyone

CARMEND70 over 1y ago

Hi Carmend70, the kitchen units you see in the picture have been taken out. The room is stripped, ready for a new interior :)

Hi Interiors by Laura, I understand your points. So I guess redecoration is not really the right word. Plumbing and electricity can be moved, repositioned for better use of the room.

Thanks for the clarification

marleinxs - over 1y ago

Hoihoi Margot, ik heb geen tijd gehad om je een mail te sturen, maar via deze weg even een berichtje. Wat leuk dat jou nieuwe appartement word gebruikt voor een contest!! Ik ga mijn best doen om een design voor je te maken! x

marleinxs over 1y ago

Leuk Marlein!! Je hebt al gave dingen gemaakt. Ben benieuwd :)

CARMEND70 volevo solo essere utile, non c'è bisogno di essere così strafottente. adesso tradudicelo stupida/o

CARMEND70 - over 1y ago

Margot your new flat is superb and the position too, well done and thank you for the clarification and help, thank you

CARMEND70 over 1y ago
MandyB84 - over 1y ago

Hi Margot,
Wat een leuk appartement, gefeliciteerd!
Moeten de radiatoren op dezelfde plek blijven? En dan bedoel ik met name die bij de balkondeuren? :)

MandyB84 over 1y ago

Ha Mandy, alle radiatoren gaan weg. Er komt vloerverwarming.

Because not everyone speaks Dutch: All the heating units will be removed because there will be floorheating.

marleinxs - over 1y ago

Hoi Margot! Zou je misschien één van je kamers public kunnen maken? Dan kan ik je daar even wat vragen stellen ;)

marleinxs over 1y ago
marleinxs - over 1y ago

Are the 3 windows on the wall that is facing the balcony well placed? I'm feeling like they should be higher up, from what I've seen on the photo's?

marleinxs over 1y ago
hauser - over 1y ago

As i said at the beginning : You see it, if compare them with the position of the kitchen wall-cabinets and put a person in front of them . In the picture above i corrected that. 

hauser over 1y ago

@Marlein: done!

lol I already designed around the units but thanks for the answer.

Popa Bianca Rozalia - over 1y ago
isabella palmeri. thank you for the link

wow

waibelmackenzie - over 1y ago

is anyone else having a problem with the little wall by the kitchen and the hallway disappearing ?

waibelmackenzie over 1y ago

Dear designers, although the contest hasn't ended yet, I really would like to share that I am overwhelmed with all the designs. I never thought I would be getting so many inspiration. And it's fascinating to see that there are so many ways of designing the same space. You are helping me tremendously with your designs in making the right choices to make my new apartment my very special place. Thank you so much. You are great!!

Lackew - over 1y ago

Thank You Margot for sharing you fab new home. I know I had a blast with it & could go on for weeks. lol

Lackew over 1y ago
ZsuzsannaCs - over 1y ago

No one planned bedroom and bath! Why?

ZsuzsannaCs over 1y ago
Martina Scortichini - over 1y ago

why does the contest end in 2 days but I can't add anymore my design? What was the last day in wich we could upload?

marleinxs - over 1y ago

You can enter your room until the contest says: 3 more days. Then the voting will start.

marleinxs over 1y ago