Back to ForumBack to top
Nico Langeveld - over 1y ago
Contest: Six Objects in a Rental

Feel free to talk about things regarding this contest in here.

Nico Langeveld over 1y ago
31 replies
renakate - over 1y ago

do styling pieces count as "furniture"

renakate over 1y ago
renakate - over 1y ago

also where is the front door???

renakate over 1y ago
Lifandus - over 1y ago

Really cool contest! These remix contest have hype and challenges like no other! Looking forward to what creations pop-up from this one!

Lifandus over 1y ago
Lifandus - over 1y ago

@renakate, if you mean accessories (phones, books, pencils, etc.) when you talk about styling pieces, I'm pretty sure that you are allowed. I mean, it seems a little outlandish for no accessories to be permitted, but just to be sure, it is good to ask Roomstyler.

As for the front door, I think they just forgot it :P

Lifandus over 1y ago
renakate - over 1y ago

thanks Lifandus ☺

renakate over 1y ago
ZsuzsannaCs - over 1y ago

Why? Who will to move here, there's nothing for them? I mean, some small furniture or whatever.. After all, it has to sleep somewhere.. too..!?

ZsuzsannaCs over 1y ago

@renakate it's a room in an appartement. The door opens to a corridor with a front door, but not relevant here.

fiabelle - over 1y ago
Do we need to include stuff like a bed and kitchen?
fiabelle over 1y ago
victoriasell - over 1y ago

No doors?

victoriasell over 1y ago
ZsuzsannaCs - over 1y ago

The competition rules were not respected by many..

ZsuzsannaCs over 1y ago
hauser - over 1y ago

I´m still searching for student rooms ...

hauser over 1y ago
oliinree12 - over 1y ago

Can we add some extra furniture?

oliinree12 over 1y ago

yes you can Oliinree

I've removed quite some entries in this contest that were flagged. If anyone wonders why: the contest is about low-budget decorating of a rented apartment. Nothing structural should be changed: Not extra walls, beams on the ceiling, not elevated floors, no extra doors or windows. Use the 6 objects and some extra, keep it simple and most of all cheap. The challenge is in making a homy place with minimal effort!

oh I see, we are not to add a door, even though there are none at all?

Nico can we add a kitchen?

Nico Langeveld - 1 year ago

We'll actually no. The kitchen is somewhere else in the flat. Besides, would you add a kitchen if you're moving into a rented apartment?

Nico Langeveld 1 year ago

Inna_Inas - 1 year ago

Hi! Was my design removed from the contest, cuz I made a kitchen corner there? Well It's a pity, as I haven't seen message about forbiddance of adding kitchen, before now.

Inna_Inas 1 year ago
Nico Langeveld - 1 year ago

Nothing structural should be added, that includes a kitchen. It's a rental, and you're low on budget! But just take it out, make some changes and you can sumbit again.

Nico Langeveld 1 year ago
Inna_Inas - 1 year ago

@Nico Langeveld

ok, thank you for answer! 

Inna_Inas 1 year ago
Josiemay1234 - 1 year ago

So is this room like the whole apartment? Should we add a bedroom or something? 

Josiemay1234 1 year ago
renakate - 1 year ago

bit late to say this but it is a bit unfair to say after submission adding has finished that you can't add a kitchen. what if it was a flat pack

renakate 1 year ago
renakate - 1 year ago

the reason im so annoyed is my room was removed but i was not notified so could not fix it

renakate 1 year ago
ZsuzsannaCs - 1 year ago

There are very few people who have complied with the rules! Almost everyone's work could be removed! About 13 people kept the rules...

ZsuzsannaCs 1 year ago
Tuubz - 1 year ago

Agree with you marocco! A lot of people kept one item out. Unfair.

Tuubz 1 year ago
rossella63 - 1 year ago

My design has been removed but I do not know why ... :(

rossella63 1 year ago

the winner does not even have all items pictured =\

Inna_Inas - 1 year ago

@Rosella63
I guess your design was removed, cuz you added beams on ceiling, which means you changed architecture of the room. By the way, you did very beautiful design! :)

Inna_Inas 1 year ago
rossella63 - 1 year ago

Thank you Inna...but they were decorative beams ,others also lined wooden walls and ceilings...but no problem good Job every one :))

rossella63 1 year ago
rossella63 - 1 year ago

Good work at all:))

rossella63 1 year ago