Back to ForumBack to top
Nico Langeveld - 8 months ago
Contest - Kitchen Conservatory Combination

Feel free to talk about things regarding this contest in here.

Nico Langeveld 8 months ago
145 replies
Interiors by Laura - 8 months ago

sounds fun, where is the contest?

Interiors by Laura 8 months ago
millerfam - 8 months ago

This contest isn't showing up on the contest page. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

millerfam 8 months ago
Lackew - 8 months ago

Its not showing the contest :(

Lackew 8 months ago
starbringer23 - 8 months ago

Yeah same here :((

starbringer23 8 months ago
Naavarin - 8 months ago

Where is the contest?

Naavarin 8 months ago
Angie Weir - 8 months ago

I was searching for information on how to do a window on a slanted ceiling.  The tutorials really didn't cover this.  Does anyone have any tips for me?

Angie Weir 8 months ago

there are some 'sloping ceiling' that have windows in them.  However some of the latest tricks have been using the greenhouses. 

Ooh thanks so much.  I didn't think about that

Angie Weir 8 months ago
hauser - 8 months ago

There are some "ready" roomparts besides the sloping ceilings with windows. 

hauser 8 months ago

There are conservatory roof parts but they go to the floor for some reason

Angie Weir 8 months ago
Lackew - 8 months ago

@Angie Weir altho there are different roof sizes you will have to raise your ceiling to accommodate them. 

Lackew 8 months ago
Lackew - 8 months ago

Hopefully we will be given a few days extension on this contest!

Lackew 8 months ago

I certainly hope so

Angie Weir 8 months ago

@Lackew.  I am not really understanding what you mean about the roof sizes.  I have raised the wall but they remain on the floor.  I don't really know what I am doing wrong.  I am talking about the glass conservatory roof

Angie Weir 8 months ago
Lackew - 8 months ago
@Angie those roof parts have to be supported by pedestals underneath to elevate them.
Lackew 8 months ago
Lackew - 8 months ago

Here is an example. note that it is very difficult to use them for an inside view of a room

Lackew 8 months ago

Thanks for sharing this Lackew.  I guess I was not thinking of this perspective.  In terms of the contest, I was thinking more from an interior point of view and not thinking about a pedestal being in the middle of the way.  I wish they were already elevated to roof height or even had a choice for how high we wanted them elevated...such as items we hang on walls.  From an interior perspective they are almost useless if we can not decorate inside  :(

Thank you

Angie Weir 8 months ago

I'm still unable to actually see this contest.  

Angie Weir 8 months ago
Madge2017 - 8 months ago

I am not able to see the contest either....

Madge2017 8 months ago
kitty - 8 months ago

me neither : (

kitty 8 months ago
Theadora - 8 months ago

Sad, seems no one at Roomstyler bothers to check on theForum posts and the Competitions (if they're actually posted/removal of entries that don't fit the brief) ... Not nice to ignore your members Roomstyler!

Theadora 8 months ago
kitty - 8 months ago

I remember when it was MyDeco the actual MyDeco team used to vote for the competition entries which was actually pretty fair because it wasn't just people voting for their friends.

maybe its because of the easter holidays that no-one has checked whats going on with the new comp?

kitty 8 months ago
meggle - 8 months ago
meggle 8 months ago
ZuzanaDesign - 8 months ago

I don´t see contest :-(

ZuzanaDesign 8 months ago
starsector - 8 months ago

Great pix meggle!  Do you know what style that is?  I really love it....kind of Industrial meets Great Gatsby, lol ;)

starsector 8 months ago
Nico Langeveld - 8 months ago

Woops, sorry guys, this contest is coming soon. There was a bug in the template room, we've been too busy with other issues to fix it so I didn't put it up yet. Forgot to take this thread offline. Next week I hope I can publish it.

Nico Langeveld 8 months ago
Madge2017 - 8 months ago

Thanks for letting us know....  I am looking forward to seeing it!

Madge2017 8 months ago
libbylu1161 - 8 months ago

@NicoLangeveld Thank you!! Will there be another contest put up before then or is that going to be the next one posted?

libbylu1161 8 months ago
New York Mets - 8 months ago

Nico, tell us what exactly this contest is about!

New York Mets 8 months ago
hauser - 8 months ago
hauser 8 months ago
NEVERQUITDESIGNIT - 8 months ago

what contest is this 

NEVERQUITDESIGNIT 8 months ago
Valentinapenta - 8 months ago

It's a shame to have conservatory roof parts that can't be used.   Wish the team would enable them, especially for this contest.

Valentinapenta 8 months ago
KarinaCastro - 8 months ago

I agree with Valentinapenta. It's really a shame we have great conservatory roof parts but they are useless cause we can't use them for na inside perpective of our rooms, which shoul be their main purpose. If we could use them like we use the REDHOUSE Ceiling window , it would be perfect.

KarinaCastro 8 months ago

I thought they were totally useless, but I have played around with them and found out they can be elevated and it does not require the whole entire area to be elevated, so there is room to work around it and design the area under it without putting everything on a pedestal.

Thanks, Laura, but I still think they should be enabled for this contest.    

I don't disagree with you Valentinapenta.  I think if nothing else an option for how high we wanted them would be terrific.  I was just pointing out that an oversized pedestal is not necessary and can actually leave plenty of room for design.  But yes, I would much rather not have even a smaller pedestal in my way.

millerfam - 8 months ago

If you search "pedestal 300" and use that to elevate them, it is just a small pillar that can be covered up. Also, note that the pedestal has to be in the direct center of the roof part.

millerfam 8 months ago
David - 8 months ago

UPDATE: The contest has arrived ;) it is live right now!

David 8 months ago
Inna_Inas - 8 months ago

Hey! I've just found out that we cannot add our rooms to the contest. Only remixes of template room can be added. That's too bad, a lot of amazing designs for this contest were created recently. By the way, the template room is empty.....is that glitch? 

Inna_Inas 8 months ago
Daisy320 - 8 months ago

I am still getting an "error" while loading . . . template not popping up. 

Daisy320 8 months ago
XiraFizade - 8 months ago

I also have the template not showing up.

XiraFizade 8 months ago

Looks like this contest was doomed from the start.   Believe it's time the team go back to the drawing board. 

DrJaffaDesigner - 8 months ago

oh man the build doesnt come up it say ' loading error. try again later'

DrJaffaDesigner 8 months ago

Too bad we can only decorate the template, which isn't working, I really loved the design I had come up with.  https://d2sdvaauesfb7j.cloudfront.net/room_renders/24749652-1522781073.jpeg

Angie Weir 8 months ago
renakate - 8 months ago

error

:(

renakate 8 months ago
Lifandus - 8 months ago

I'm getting an error while loading the room up ;(

Lifandus 8 months ago
ZuzanaDesign - 8 months ago

ERROR !!!!!!!!!

ZuzanaDesign 8 months ago
Sandra Jones - 8 months ago

Error! Darn I was looking forward to getting started!

Sandra Jones 8 months ago
libbylu1161 - 8 months ago

@David Is the room going to be uploaded? I’m really looking forward to working on this contest!

libbylu1161 8 months ago
Milena_ - 8 months ago

Não consigo abrir o concurso

Milena_ 8 months ago
ritsa - 8 months ago

error

ritsa 8 months ago
Vincentvg - 8 months ago

We're looking into it.. It should be fixed shortly. I'll let you know when it's working again.

Vincentvg 8 months ago
Vincentvg - 8 months ago

The problem should be fixed now. A wrong room was selected as template room which caused issues with submitting it to the contest. Let us know when you still have issues.

Vincentvg 8 months ago
evahassing - 8 months ago

I still get error

evahassing 8 months ago
Reka7 - 8 months ago

Still not working..

Reka7 8 months ago
mathijsg - 8 months ago

Working!

mathijsg 8 months ago
Vincentvg - 8 months ago

Hi Reka7 and Evahassing,

Did you click on the button 'start designing' and created a room from this template? You cannot submit rooms which are not a remix of the template room.

Vincentvg 8 months ago

I'm also still getting the 'error loading room' with the Start Designing button.

starsector 8 months ago
Inna_Inas - 8 months ago

Yeah, me too. Error while room loading.

Inna_Inas 8 months ago
Vincentvg - 8 months ago

The original room was set to private. It should work now. Sorry for all the troubles preventing you from entering the contest.

Vincentvg 8 months ago

Thanks Vincent, I was just able to open it ;)

renakate - 8 months ago

thanks guys :)

renakate 8 months ago
NaKo - 8 months ago

Hi, anyone lese having issues with the flooring on this design?

NaKo 8 months ago
evahassing - 8 months ago

NaKo, delete the floor two times and it should work fine then

evahassing 8 months ago
NaKo - 8 months ago

Thanks alot!

NaKo 8 months ago
rossella63 - 8 months ago

Can you cut the ceiling?

rossella63 8 months ago
Lilaah - 8 months ago

Can we add small windows without changing the positions of the walls, doors and existing windows?

Lilaah 8 months ago

Hi rossella and Lilaah, generally on template contests, the idea is not to make any 'structural' changes, only cosmetic.

starsector 8 months ago
Lilaah - 8 months ago

okay! Thanks starsector! :)

Lilaah 8 months ago
savannahp0562 - 8 months ago

Can we add walls and doors to create our own cabinets instead of already provided kitchen furniture?

savannahp0562 8 months ago

Hi Savannah, the brief on the contest page says we can change the kitchen units ;)

starsector 8 months ago
BeaaBell - 8 months ago

I can´t change floor room in this design . Can someone help me please?

BeaaBell 8 months ago
BeaaBell - 8 months ago

BeaaBell 8 months ago
hauser - 8 months ago

Click somewehre on the white floor outside the room. Click on the left "Delete floor". Delete the wall with the door on the left,  redraw the wall and the door. 

hauser 8 months ago
Daisy320 - 8 months ago

Some designers are adding windows on the sides . . . it is my understanding we can't do that? Correct? If we cannot do that, then as nice as some of them are, I won't be voting for them if they aren't complying with sticking to the template of the room. 

Daisy320 8 months ago
renakate - 8 months ago

@Daisy320

agreed. stick to the brief guys

renakate 8 months ago
Theadora - 8 months ago

I would like to add that besides extra windows/doors, skylights and greenhouses are also structural changes.  I'm not quite sure if this was meant by "you can change the ceiling decoration" as stated in the brief.

There are also designs that have not been finished, i.e. some are missing appliances/sinks and/or have very little attention paid to the space behind the camera. Assuming the "make-over" is for a real person, that's not very helpful.

Theadora 8 months ago

You are right Daisy and Theadora :)I could make the glass ceiling because the design would not have been accepted in the contest.

rossella63 8 months ago

I could not make the glass ceiling ....sorry I use google translator :))

rossella63 8 months ago
BeaaBell - 7 months ago

@HAUSER tank's for your help :)

BeaaBell 7 months ago
hauser - 7 months ago

:)

hauser 7 months ago
hauser - 7 months ago

The original kitchen is the one at the top of the contest page, i would say.  and there is a glass ceiling ... ;-) 

hauser 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

@hauser. 

If Roomstyler wanted a glass ceiling they would have put one in the template.

"What you should Not change is the position of the walls, windows and doors."

Theadora 7 months ago
renakate - 7 months ago

well actually if u read the blurb on the contest page it says you can change the roof

renakate 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

It says nothing about changing the roof. Changing ceiling decoration is not the same as making structural changes.

Theadora 7 months ago
renakate - 7 months ago

kk

renakate 7 months ago
Naavarin - 7 months ago

But it says: Make a nice conservatory too. And I think that that mean you make a conservatory that is not just windows on the wall....

Naavarin 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

I'm not trying to argue with anyone but would like to point out (again) that when Roomstyler starts a contest they always insist we do not make structural changes. 

In this case they should have made it very clear whether or not changing walls/ceiling to accommodate a "proper" conservatory is allowed.

Hopefully Nico or David will take the time to set us straight, but I'll tell you there will be a few disappointed people if changes are allowed... it's a bit late to start over. :(

Theadora 7 months ago
starsector - 7 months ago

I agree there's some ambiguity between the phrase "Make a nice conservatory, too" versus the next line "What you should Not change is the position of the walls, windows and doors", since the conservatory in the template is constructed with walls, windows and doors (rather than the various item options available in the catalog).

I think we should cut Roomstyler some slack for not being able to cover every possible interpretation in their short briefs, even more problematic due to language barriers.

But my sense is that the word 'make' doesn't refer to construction, but to designing/decorating.  The value of template contests is that we all have the same 'canvas to paint'.  Whether real property or not, they are about redecorating, not renovating, otherwise there's little point of having a shared-template.

starsector 7 months ago
Madge2017 - 7 months ago

I think starsector hit a key point above regarding the language barrier. Past contests have taught me about cultural perceptions regarding living, family and dining rooms as well as large rooms and small rooms.  I think that may be happening here.  To me, a conservatory has glass walls and ceiling. But what I am seeing in the template is what is known in the southern USA as a "sun room" or "sun porch" or "solarium." These sunny rooms have regular flooring, a regular ceiling, and walls that are primarily (if not totally) made up of large plate glass windows.

And yes, the picture at the top of the contest page does appear to have a glass ceiling, but upon closer look, the ceiling is rather opaque and no scenery shows through it. I zoomed in on the page to 250% and the closer I got, the more the ceiling looked unlike the windows.

I will not rehash the excellent points made by previous posters as to why we should not make structural changes except to say how odd it would be to be given a template and then expect to be allowed to change the template to suit our wishes....

Madge2017 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

Well said Starsector and Madge2017. :)

Theadora 7 months ago
lexisaa - 7 months ago

how do i submit my design? i used the template but when i try to submit it, it says to use a design with the provided template

lexisaa 7 months ago

Hi lexisaa, you are using a 'whitelabel', rather than the main Roomstyler.  The whitelabels are separate auxillary programs Roomstyler created for specific retailer's websites.  In this case, you're using DWR (Design Within Reach). 

You can tell this by the feature color being red on your planner (ie, the "Take a 3D Room button).  Also, in the URL, amongst all the gobblygook, is the acronym DWR in the address.

Try logging in through the main site here:  https://roomstyler.com/

Then open the planner for that room, move an item to activate the save, then save it again.  Then try to enter it in the contest.

If that still doesn't work, or if you've actually been using the main roomstyler login, then your account may have become attached to DWR at some early point.  Only the tech team can detach it.  Use the 'contact us' link at the bottom of this page to email the tech team directly and explain the problem.  hth ;) 

starsector 7 months ago
lexisaa - 7 months ago

Hmm, you're right, how strange. I tried the resaving thing like what you had said and it didn't work. I will try and contant the tech team. Thanks so much for the help, starsector!

lexisaa 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

So disappointed with this contest.

Very few people stuck to the brief, creating half a kitchen, missing appliances, making architectural changes to walls and/or ceiling, placing kitchen cabinets in front of doors, etc.

@Roomstyler. This is just not fair to the people who made sure they followed the brief. Why bother posting a brief at all if you're not willing to eliminate the ones that don't follow it?! 

Theadora 7 months ago
Interiors by Laura - 7 months ago

Theadora, I agree with you.  But Roomstyler has done very little to enforce the contest descriptions.  In fact they basically put it in the hand of the contestants.  Unfortunately, unless they have stopped paying attention to flags, there are simply not enough people flagging entries.  It would seem that more people would rather complain than step up to the plate and ensure that contest descriptions are being followed. 

I agree, I am also disappointed.  It's completely unfair to those that do comply with the rules.  But if people will not flag entries, then there is not a whole lot we can do.

Interiors by Laura 7 months ago
Daisy320 - 7 months ago

My response is to simply not vote for those that violated the criteria, no matter how nice they may be. 

Daisy320 7 months ago

My proposal would be that rather than strictly flagging entries, if there was a drop down description field where we could fill out the precise reason why we are flagging an entry.  Then it should not matter if there is 1 flag or 50 flags.  If there is a clear and valid reason  (other than simply not liking a room) then even if there is only 1 flag, it should be removed.

Madge2017 - 7 months ago

I have flagged designs that were obviously not within the parametres of the contest description, and still see those same designs when voting time rolls around. 

Often, I do not even enter a design because of this.  I do not mind competing against better designers when they are in compliance, but I do take a bit of offence competing against designers that are not.  Sometimes these designs are from months or years ago, as if the designer read the headline and thought, "Oh, I designed a cool kitchen last year.  I think I will enter it!"  Other times, it seems the designers worked on them within the contest period but did not read the description.

The old proverb comes to mind here:  "The person who  will not read has no advantage over the person who cannot read."  In this instance, I would rather be the person who struggles with the cultural/language barrier and asks for clarification (which I have frequently done here!) than the person who reads a headline or part of a description and does their own thing without regard for the rest.  A recent example is earlier in t his thread.... apparently, before the template was even accessible a lot of people had already designed some "amazing designs for this contest."  Seriously?  Without even knowing what to design?

Just my two cents' worth.... although, I have often been accused of being a control freak, a rule minder, even brutally militaristic regarding rules... whatever.... ;)

Madge2017 7 months ago
hauser - 7 months ago

We should remember, that we produce the pictures RS uses all around the web to advertise for their software. ... ;-) 

hauser 7 months ago
renakate - 7 months ago

im completely and utterly shocked at how many people have misread the brief. i feel bad flagging peoples designs but.............

renakate 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

I'm with Daisy - not voting for just "pretty pictures" but for pretty proper designs. :)

@Laura, I don't think it matters how many people flag a design, it's obvious to me they simply are too busy with their "regular" jobs to spend manpower on contests and keeping an eye on the Forum...Just look at how long it took them to find out that this template didn't work x 2 (total of 8 days) and another day to figure out that it had been set to private.  Adding comment boxes just adds to their workload so I don't see that happening.

It would be nice if Roomstyler could provide a way to lock a template. This would not only work for Roomstyler's contests but also for room makeovers where the owners don't want their templates altered.

@Madge, I agree with you with the exception of entering older designs. There is nothing wrong with entering older designs as long as they fit the brief. Contests are a great place to showcase them, they are original creations and would otherwise never see the light of day...People usually only check out the latest designs and miss out on some beauties that have been created over the years. 

@hauser, your little "statement" is totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Theadora 7 months ago

I realize that adding a comment box would add more work.  My reason for suggesting it was merely because the flagging alone did not seem to be working.  At this point I question if they are even adhering to their part in removing rooms that were flagged.  I know at some point, that roomstyler had said a room had to receive so many flags before being removed.  But one of perhaps two things is happening....1. people are complaining  about the unfairness but are not flagging  or 2. people are flagging but roomstyler is not keeping their end of the deal.  I merely thought that by adding a comment box, there would be no question as to the reason why it was being flagged or in fact as to why it did not meet the description.    Admittedly Hauser's comment did not reflect directly upon the conversation, but I can see where it could have a play on things.  A company in my opinion is only as good as it's actions.  It's actions (good or bad) are a reflection of it.  So imagine you are a customer and you see that a company is running contests but does nothing to enforce complete fairness.  What kind of message does that send to you as a potential customer? If the contests are not Roomstyler's main priority, perhaps rather than having 'contests' that are unsupervised, why not do away with the voting and have showcases. They could even bring back old contests as showcases.  There are some that are really interesting that I am sure would be fun.

Madge2017 - 7 months ago

Theadora, I completely agree with you about older designs being allowed.  Sorry I was not clear.  My problem lies in the realm of someone having a "cool design" and entering it even when it does not meet the description given for the contest,

A recent example is the "Being Blue" contest, about 2-3 months ago.  The room was to be neutral coloured with touches of blues for accent.  And many were.  And some were blue with touches of neutrals.  And some were blue with touches of blues.  There were several designs that were from over a year ago, with a few from 2-3 years ago.  Nice looking rooms too.  Only a few were neutral with blue accents.  Most were very blue.  Only those rooms that matched the requirements should have been submitted, even if  they were older designs.  The age of the entry should never be an issue.... only compliance with the description of the contest.

Madge2017 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

@Laura. 

1. It seems logical that the complainers (including myself) are the ones who flag the most.

2. By checking the contests you can see that Roomstyler never really held up to their end of the flagging deal, something I have brought up several times.

As Kitty mentioned in her post above, Mydeco was a company focused on Interior Decorating and Design/selling furniture and accessories. There were experienced Designers involved and we had the "Daily Telegraph Room Rescue" contests which involved designing for real people (see very early contests). Mydeco was all about the contest page. 

When Roomstyler took over the focus totally changed and I believe the contests are now only a way to "harvest" the top designs to use for advertising their programs.

I don't believe customers have any interest in checking out the contest pages since they get to see what Roomstyler's programs can do somewhere else.

Since I've been on this site (Nov. 2009) there has always been a problem with contests and the members feeling ignored - not much has changed in that department.

On the other hand, the design program has improved immensely and is a fantastic tool.

Offering contests attracts new members so I doubt that changing it to showcases (as I have suggested numerous times) will ever happen.

We keep going around in circles, every "new generation" of members has the same complaints, so far little has been done to deal with them.

Here's a moodboard from one of the Forum contest FRANKHAM used to organize more than 8 years ago...lol

..Deny thy indifference and refuse thy silence; Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn to correct all errors And I'll no longer be dissatisfied.

Theadora 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

Titled: "Oh Mydeco, Mydeco, wherefore art thou Mydeco.

Theadora 7 months ago
renakate - 7 months ago

theadora, your" @hauser, your little "statement" is totally irrelevant to this discussion." is a lil harsh.  

renakate 7 months ago
kitty - 7 months ago

I must confess when MyDeco was in charge of contests I won loads of stuff..books, a £500 john lewis voucher, and felt very encouraged to continue designing rooms.

I stopped using the site for about 3years mainly because I felt the community spirit had gone from the site and people only voted for their Facebook friends in contests and not for the best rooms...This wasn't sour grapes on my part I assure you because I was no longer in the top few..no it was a case of some really weak, or unfinished designs or ones that weren't on brief were getting tons of votes.

where-as other really brilliant designs were just being ignored.

Now I've decided only to enter contests that appeal to me, or where the brief inspires me to come up with new ideas.

I don't expect to win any contests now but I do enjoy discovering other designers via them and stretching my imagination within the brief.

Really we need a dedicated contest moderator to deal with the problems people have mentioned above.

kitty 7 months ago
lexisaa - 7 months ago

yeah, and i put some time into my design but still couldn't enter it... i agree that it is a little unfair

lexisaa 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

@ Jeroen Bekkers, kitty and whoever is interested,

When I signed up in 2009 everything was quite relaxed and a lot more fun, mostly because we had such a small group of members and a chance to get to know each other since we could send each other private messages.

At that time FRANKHAM and Sylvia Ast were the driving forces behind our community, Their "discussions" on the Forum, with some input from the rest of us, were mostly lighthearted fun (read hilarious) but also serious (as in fundraising for countries/people in need) and the reason I became a member.

The incentives to enter contests were there, whether in chocolate form from FRANKHAM's Forum contests (paid for by her) or something interesting from Mydeco. (I won a X-Mas card designing contest and received a box of X-Mas cards with my design on it :).

Unfortunately, people's attitudes changed and it became more important to win contests than to just have fun and we started encountering a lot of cheaters which caused quite a few regulars to withdraw from publicly using this site.

I am not interested in winning anything and am not here to win a popularity contest but care very much about contests being fair to the contestants!

Over the years members have repeatedly begged for a dedicated contest moderator but to no avail...

When Roomstyler took over, Jeroen Bekkers had great plans for improving the contests - except for the incredible improvements in design, contest wise not much has materialized.

I am very disappointed that most of the participants in this particular contest have decided to ignore the brief - this is about decorating a whole kitchen NOT renovating half of it!

@Jeroen Bekkers, since Roomstyler/Floorplanner seems to be quite successful I don't think it's going to kill you to hire a part time  experienced Designer to moderate contests and come up with new contest ideas.

Thank you. :) 

Theadora 7 months ago
kitty - 7 months ago

@Theodora beautifully put! 

thank-you.

is frank ham still on the site btw? its so hard to find people on here.

there are a few names I recognise from MyDeco days who's work I've seen

kitty 7 months ago
Madge2017 - 7 months ago
https://roomstyler.com/users/frankham 

FRANKHAM actually designed a room that is entered in this contest:  

Madge2017 7 months ago
kitty - 7 months ago

brilliant! Thank-you X

kitty 7 months ago
Madge2017 - 7 months ago

You are most welcome, kitty... I just used Google's advance search to search the site!    Glad to help whenever I can!

Madge2017 7 months ago
Nico Langeveld - 7 months ago

Hi guys,

Sorry for not being very responsive. I've been ill last week and just came back to work. I see a lot of entries were flagged because they didn't fit the contest, I removed a lot of them. I hope this helps in picking your votes.

Nico Langeveld 7 months ago

The above design is indeed very nice.  However, it goes right back to the topic of what should be allowed and what should not be allowed.  The description "What you should Not change is the position of the walls, windows and doors."  A look @ the back wall shows the far windows were removed and replaced with a round window.  Therefore, the design should not be in the contest.  When voting, the first question with all rooms should be....does this room meet the rules.  Then if so, is the design worth a vote?

evahassing - 7 months ago

I see that mine has been removed from the contest and I don´t get why?

evahassing 7 months ago
evahassing - 7 months ago

evahassing 7 months ago

Sorry Eva, I think I mistook the mirrored ceiling for skylights. You can reenter it and I'll take more care next time. There were a lot of flagged entries, probably didn't check carefully enough,

ZuzanaDesign - 7 months ago

And mine? Why? 

ZuzanaDesign 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

@ Nico Langeveld.

Sorry you were sick last week...

Please pass on the members concerns about the contests to Jeroen Bekkers, 

thank you. :) 

Theadora 7 months ago
Roberta Coelho - 7 months ago

Coloquei minha cozinha no concurso mais não esta aparecendo

Roberta Coelho 7 months ago
Roberta Coelho - 7 months ago
  Porque não esta aparecendo no concuso,sendo que coloquei
Roberta Coelho 7 months ago
Theadora - 7 months ago

Oi Roberta, sua entrada na cozinha foi removida porque você adicionou uma janela ao modelo. Nesta competição não foi permitido alterar o modelo. Seria uma boa ideia traduzir o resumo antes de criar um design.

Google translate:

Hi Roberta, your kitchen entry was removed because you added a window to the template. In this competition it was not allowed to change the template. It would be a good idea to google translate the brief before you make a design.

Theadora 7 months ago

I did not change anything in the template and my kitchen was also removed :-(

kitty - 7 months ago

just a stupid question.

Ive been voting for my favorites and was wondering why so many of the entries have the name 'Paul" in the title discription.

just curious really..can anyone explain?

kitty 7 months ago
Valentinapenta - 7 months ago

Nico's template was labeled Paul 1, Kitty.    That's the reason I named my entry Paul Kitchen.

Valentinapenta 7 months ago
kitty - 7 months ago

Ah! ok..mystery solved.

Thank you!

kitty 7 months ago

Nico: My kitchen was removed from the contest. I didn´t change any walls, doors, windows. Why?????

Theadora - 7 months ago

@Roomstyler,

Whilst I appreciate the removal of designs that don't fit the brief (with a few being overlooked), going by the unjustly  removed designs it's obvious that the moderation is not up to par.

So, please, please, please, even though I appreciate all the work Nico and David have put in, let them get back to their regular jobs and hire someone who knows what they're doing Interior Decorating/Design wise. Thank you. :)  

Theadora 7 months ago

:-)

Hi Zuzana,

Very sorry about that! There were so many designs that were flagged I think I misjudged your. It's actually looks gorgious and indeed meet the brief. I submitted your design for you, so it's in, and for the trouble (and because I really like your kitchen) I gave you my vote.

Btw I'd like to be sure where this thing went wrong. Did you by any chance change your design After submitting it? That might explain why it was flagged and removed although it finally met the contest boundaries. Else, it was just my poor judgement at the time.

renakate - 7 months ago

@ZuzanaDesign r u sure it was removed??? i just saw it when i was voting

renakate 7 months ago

renakate: thank you!!!!!  I finally found it, I forgot to change the design, I'm stupid :-D, I must apologize to Nico :-))

@Zuzana, what I meant was, I just resubmitted it to the contest an hour ago, that's why it appears now. So what do you mean by I forgot to change the design?

Hi Nico, I must apologize you, I changed my design and forgot it :-(    

I forgot that I changed my design. I use google translater.

Everything is OK.

glad to hear that :)

Congratulations to ariema, eva, and ArcticMoon!  It was soooo hard to choose only 10 entry, there were so many unique and beautiful designs ;)

starsector 7 months ago

I agree, these designs are amazing!

FRANKHAM - 7 months ago

........I've been around a few times, but the acknowledgement from the more "senior"  ex members of Mydeco , makes me feel very humble. Enough of that ,or I will appear less on the edge more on the ledge!!!Things haven't changed ,but  the remarks seem more serious. I miss the unique comraderie  (spelling mistake?)

Sylvia would have made me pay for that.Sometimes not politically correct ,but always delivered with humour. About the comp. I didn't actually think anyone would look at it , so I did 2 contests together.About the Telegraph comp. I actually won week 13 ( I'm not superstitious,!) only to have Kelly Hoppen tell me, the design was bland, (pot & kettle!) & the furniture was mismatched. That was the intention,!I miss my not a competition competition! (Especially the chocolate...one for you ,one for me.)I miss the more serious comps,as I won a bathroom for my entry. Just a few reasons why we  oldies harp on about the past, & if Roomstyler still exists 10 years on , I'm sure the same old discussions & views will be aired., if I'm still around. Regards to all.

FRANKHAM 7 months ago
FRANKHAM - 7 months ago

Just a small moan, I seem to have lost my story under my latest "masterpiece" I'm underwhelmed to be censored twice, recently my efforts have been last, so I must be doing something wrong,  rightly.

FRANKHAM 7 months ago

Hi frankham, if we save a 'story', then resave the design, the 'story' is lost.  Wish they'd fix that.  Same happens when we change the name (unless we use the 'Save As' option).

starsector 7 months ago