Back to ForumBack to top
Nico Langeveld - 12 months ago
Contest - Grey Living

Feel free to talk about things regarding this contest in here.

Nico Langeveld 12 months ago
62 replies

how we enter the contest and part the house its design you can explain please thank you 

starsector - 12 months ago

Hi MisAmores, you have to go to the Contest page.  Use the Contest link on the top bar of most pages in Roomstyler.  Then click to the right contest, then click the green "submit design" button.  You should get a popup to select which room you want to enter (Note:  it must be set for Public to show up on that popup), it will ask for a confirmation, and then submits ;)

starsector 12 months ago
NEVERQUITDESIGNIT - 12 months ago

I already submitted my design!!!

its called grey living. by NQDI ( NEVERQUITDESIGNIT )

please check it out!!! please do :)

NEVERQUITDESIGNIT 12 months ago
NEVERQUITDESIGNIT - 12 months ago

how do you make second floor?!

NEVERQUITDESIGNIT 12 months ago
starsector - 12 months ago

Hi NQD, search 'second floor' on the main forum, lots of threads with tips there ;)

starsector 12 months ago
rachelgowdy2013 - 12 months ago

Hi ! Can there be other colours or just grey white and black ?? 

rachelgowdy2013 12 months ago
Theadora - 11 months ago

It seems some people have not picked up on the fact that the brief asks for a living room that includes a dining room table...

Theadora 11 months ago
JustBeautifulInteriors - 11 months ago

Hi just to clarify, is the room only to contain shades of grey, black and white and no other colours/timbers etc or does the brief mean that the room needs to include shades of grey, black and white as well as any others you choose?  Thank you

Interiors by Laura - 11 months ago

The description says nothing about other colors.  The pic provided at best has a cup on the table and perhaps a plant that are neither grey, black or white.  So I would tend to go by the pic provided along with the description. Personally in a room that is basically all one shade. I like to use one single solitary item that would pop out.  Not furniture, but something like one single red rose or something along those lines.  But in keeping with the description, I would have to say stick with the description.

Interiors by Laura 11 months ago
JustBeautifulInteriors - 11 months ago

Thanks Interiors by Laura, I do see some greenery and pale timber elements in the pic. Ill see what i come up with

Sue Bonstra - 11 months ago

How do you enter in this contest? I've created a set   called grey-ocean-house-living-room

Sue Bonstra 11 months ago
meggle - 11 months ago

Hi @Wildflowers ! I checked your designs, they look good,  but put out some more gray color on them :))

Make sure your design is public then click on the contest and on your left side you will see a text in green box that says Submit your design. You click on it, than a window pops out - click on the design and that's how you submit :)) 

meggle 11 months ago

Hi @meggie !

I got this when I click on

Select contest entry

You have not created an unique design or your design is not rendered yet.

If you want to enter the contest you will have to create a room from scratch that matches the description of the contest.

You could also be trying to submit a design in this contest which was created with one of the Roomstyler White Label versions (e.g. DWR, Falabella or dmLights). This is not enabled for normal Roomstyler contests.

Remixed rooms cannot be entered in contests at all.

Nico Langeveld - 11 months ago

Hello contenders; I removed a lot of designs that didn't follow the contest description. There were a lot of flagged entries. Too bad for all the energy put into these rooms. The description states "[...] a cozy atmosphere with a living room and a dining table [...]" I've seen a lot of rooms that aren't a living room and don't contain a dining table. Even some bathrooms. For anybody who's design was withdrawn: I think, with some small modifications, you can easily make it fit the description. Please feel free to reenter your room then. There is still time enough.

Nico Langeveld 11 months ago

By the way, I also saw a lot of stunning interior designs. :-)

@Nico Langeveld ; I tried to enter my two grey sets That I created from scratch

I would start them and save then go back the next day to finish them.

~ Sue. 

@Wildflowers You're saying you can enter them? Check if they are public or private on the room page. Set it to public, and then click on submit in the contest page, see if they appear.

@Nico Langeveld.I've check and they public...This is what I get.................

You have not created an unique design or your design is not rendered yet.

If you want to enter the contest you will have to create a room from scratch that matches the description of the contest.

You could also be trying to submit a design in this contest which was created with one of the Roomstyler White Label versions (e.g. DWR, Falabella or dmLights). This is not enabled for normal Roomstyler contests.

Remixed rooms cannot be entered in contests at all.

Theadora - 11 months ago

@Wildflowers.

When opening your design it is in Spanish.

This means:

"You could also be trying to submit a design in this contest which was created with one of the Roomstyler White Label versions (e.g. DWR, Falabella or dmLights). This is not enabled for normal Roomstyler contests".

Theadora 11 months ago

@Thaadore

No  I've been using English design 3D room

Theadora - 11 months ago

The URL of your design shows Falabella.roomstyler.com 

Theadora 11 months ago

Oh dear, So please tell me what one to use?

remove the falabella and just use roomstyler.com

@interiors-by-laura

I'm not sure how or where remove it? LOL

I think you should be able to open your design through roomstyler.com

Just open your design and save it through this link and that should allow you to enter it into the contest

hauser - 11 months ago

Log out ( Click on your Name in the right top corner ) , open a new tap in your browser, go to http://www.roomstyler.com  and log in your account.

hauser 11 months ago

@hauser  @interiors-by-laura @Thaadore,  I really appreciate with all your help

But it's still brings me back Falabella.roomstyler.com   :-(

Again thank you~ Sue

Theadora - 11 months ago

@Wildflowers,

E-mail Roomstyler privately, click on "Contact us" at the bottom of the page. 

Theadora 11 months ago
@Thaadore

I contact them yesterday, So far no response I'll try and send them one again.

Theadora - 11 months ago

Since it's Friday and already past 9:00 P.M. in the Netherlands (where Roomstyler is located) you might not get a response till Monday.

Theadora 11 months ago

Just hope I wrote so they would understated me 

Theadora - 11 months ago

If they read this Forum thread they will understand. :)

Theadora 11 months ago
starsector - 11 months ago

Hi Wildflowers, they all gave you the correct advice, and you might have to wait to hear back from the Tech team.  It has happened in the past that an account becomes attached to the 'whitelabel' (in this case fallabella) in the 'cookies' and they have to detach it.

But lets have you try a combination of things and see if that works:

1) Do the actual Logout (not just closing the window) from the Logout link in the top right corner of roomstyler where it's your avatar/user ID drop down menu.

2) Then clear your browser cache history including cookies.  If you don't know how to do that, let me know what browser you are using and I'll give you the steps.

3) Go to www.roomstyler.com and log into your account.

4) Open a room planner.  If you are still seeing the words fallabella in the top URL address (would be in 2 locations), then carefully delete the words fallabella and the periods following it.

5) Then save your room again.  Close/exit the planner.  Then open it back up again and check if the URL is now just roomstyler, not fallabella.roomstyler.

6) If it's just roomstyler, then try submitting that design to the contest through the www.roomstyler.com link.

Unfortunately, if after reopening the planner, it shows the fallabella, again, you will need to wait to hear back from the Tech team to 'detach' your account from fallabella.

starsector 11 months ago
hauser - 11 months ago

Sunday and Monday are official holidays here in Northern Europe. 

hauser 11 months ago
NEVERQUITDESIGNIT - 11 months ago

I wonder who will win?!

I hope its me. but its probably not :( but whoever wins, im sure they will be proud. because I sure will be. even if its not me who won :(

NEVERQUITDESIGNIT 11 months ago
meggle - 11 months ago

People, come on!!! I flagged dozens of designs. Is it so complicated ?!

Has to be GREY LIVING-DINING ..... 

meggle 11 months ago

Might as well be speaking in a foreign language to some. Very few people read instructions.  Some do and still think they can do anything.  The contests in my opinion have gotten out of control.  RS is not removing rooms before voting, designers that I considered long timers/more popular are choosing to not follow rules.  In the end it is making me loose respect for some designers as well as for RS.  It's sad, but when a certain level of honesty and integrity can not be maintained I am afraid that in the long run it will only turn people away.  I know at least that is how I am beginning to feel. 

meggle - 11 months ago

Yeah Laura, I was disappointed as well ... 

For me , the problem is not to disrespect the rules, but the iniquity to compete among wrong designs , as we could see from the contest for Marlein's balcony or many more ....

It's not about the credits that winners receive, it's about picking the right design, the one that follows the rules, and brings new ideas.

I am aware that this is just for fun, but if we are unfair here, how do we behave in our "real lives" ... 

meggle 11 months ago
suelb - 11 months ago

Hi, Wildflower!  I decided to reopen my older account change my name on it.

So I was able to add a grey set! Please let me now if it's what you are asking for in the contest!  Thank you all!

suelb 11 months ago

yes Wildflower/Suelb  ....looks good

TTD - 11 months ago

Hi all - I am an older member and have also ''messed up'' on my design for this contest - i made a hallway - clearly did not read through the brief. It was brought to my attention by other members and I have withdrawn my design. The reason I am writing this is as follows - my wrong entry was not due to ''disrespect'' or ''being unfair'' - furthermore contest entry on Roomstyler really does not reflect who we are in a real life. I truly do think that you guys are taking this way too serious. Ok, wrong entry - remove it - move on! It really truly is just for fun - just have a look at some of the designs submited! Everyone should just relax in general and stop trying to be so righteous all the time. We are just humans - and we make mistakes. I am sure all of you guys do.

TTD 11 months ago

@TTD, you are correct.  We are all human.  But sometimes it is the same people over and over that are not adhering to the contest rules.  Add to that the fact that RS in most cases will not remove the wrong designs before voting.  Perfect example, the latest patio garden contest.  3 of the top 10 designs had day mode on and the directions clearly said to use night mode.  Yes this should be for fun.  But also keep in mind that the winners win credits.  Is it fair that they receive credits for a wrong design while other people are forced to pay for credits (if they want them).  I'm sure if RS started giving cash prizes, then people would start having a totally different opinion of honesty and fairness when it came to the contests and what should and should not be allowed.  And it is not just the designs submitted that are wrong.  There were over 30 votes for one design that used day mode.  So over 30 voters also paid no attention to the rules.  When the same thing keeps happening over and over with the same people in some cases, it just makes you start to loose respect for the entire system.

TTD - 11 months ago

Just do not vote for designs which don't follow the brief. I am sure that  if RS team ever decided to give out money prizes they would themselves impose stricter design entry rules. I am also sure they would not  expect the members to police and quarrel in the process. And finally, I am very sure that only design professionals or people with design practice experience would be allowed in such contests (to be completely fair with each other - more than half of the designs here are created by  ID wannabes) . But, lets not speak hypothetically and in ''what if'' terms.  Just take this as one big design playground.

TTD 11 months ago

if rules mean nothing, if votes mean nothing, if there is no fairness....then why bother having contests. It is simply not fair that some people win credits for cheating/breaking rules....yes I said cheating.  I know for a fact that one winner knew the rules and still chose to not adhere to the rules.  In the mean time, other people are forced to buy their own credits because playing by the rules wins them NOTHING

TTD - 11 months ago

I cannot but agree with you on that point. However, it really is up to the RS team not to reward the members who did not follow the brief. Even if their design is in the top ten.  Ever since I joined RS a couple of years ago this issue has always been present. Some other issues as well. Honestly, I get more upset to see designs being praised by others when they are either a) poorly done or b) majority of design is made up of just picture, hardly any designing involved. I think this is a bigger issue which may affect our profession in a way that people are being encouraged to design although their creations are far from a good ID and thus the problem arises as they might consider to work in the field which they are really not qualified for. For me, that is a larger issue.  However, over the course of the years I was argued by other members that I should relax and have fun because they are all just having fun and fun is why they are here and please let them have their fun and so on..... Maybe the contests issue fall in the same ''fun category''. Not sure any more.

TTD 11 months ago
Kelly Carter - 11 months ago

I read the description and did not see it ask for a dining space. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I always read the descriptions several times to make sure I got it right. Not sure how so many of us missed it.

Kelly Carter 11 months ago
Theadora - 11 months ago

It was there Kelly..."Living room with dining table"... :)

Theadora 11 months ago
meggle - 11 months ago

@Kelly Carter, read again:

" Design in this contest a room with an interior that contains grey shades. Grey tones with white and black. It has to create a cozy atmosphere with a living room and a dining table where you can eat with everything. " 

meggle 11 months ago
Theadora - 11 months ago
@TTD

"I am very sure that only design professionals or people with design practice experience would be allowed in such contests (to be completely fair with each other - more than half of the designs here are created by ID wannabes)" . 

"I get more upset to see designs being praised by others when they are either a) poorly done or b) majority of design is made up of just picture, hardly any designing involved. I think this is a bigger issue which may affect our profession in a way that people are being encouraged to design although their creations are far from a good ID and thus the problem arises as they might consider to work in the field which they are really not qualified for. For me, that is a larger issue. "

I find your comments rather offensive.

As I have stated before Roomstyler has always been for everyone, young, old, talented or not. Please, do not assume to know what Roomstyler might do in future,

Giving encouragement by complimenting designers (professional or amateur) and giving likes is a very important part of this site. Whether someone decides to work in this field does not affect you one way or the other.

As far as I'm concerned and elitist attitude has no place on a site like Roomstyler. Btw, I'm not a disgruntled ID wannabe , I happen to have my credentials but never felt the need to disclose this till now since it's nobody's business but my own.

Theadora 11 months ago
nicolaswiggins - 11 months ago

how do you make a second floor 

pls help

thx

nicolaswiggins 11 months ago

does not really related to the room, but when does a new contest come on

( sorry about spelling)

TTD - 11 months ago

Dear Theadora, 

Sorry you took my comments as being offensive. My intentions are not to offend other members. 

Furthermore, I was not trying to assume what RS might do. I said it myself: ''But, lets not speak hypothetically and in ''what if'' terms.'' 

However, I had to react to the never ending crying over members not following the brief. As I was told before (and also by you just now) - this is all just for fun and everyone is allowed to express their creative yearnings - I cannot agree more! Therefore, I simply said do not be so critical if someone messes up on the brief - everyone makes mistakes (design professional included). 

I personally am not so worried about the contest as some other members. You do not know me personally Theadora, but elitist is really not part of my personality.

Anyways, knowing that my comments might have offended you or some other members, I apologize once again.

However, I always remain open to a good constructive and healthy discussion.

All the best to all!

TTD 11 months ago

thank u

did they withdraw mine?! i didnt see it the last time i checked. 

sure hope they didnt!!!

did anyone get theirs withdrawed?

it's still there

ok thanks :)

thats good.

is yours?

I can not enter the contest why is that 

Theadora - 11 months ago

You can not enter a contest after voting has started.

Voting starts 3 days before the end of the contest.

Theadora 11 months ago
Kelly Carter - 11 months ago

Theadora and Meggle... I have absolutely no doubt that the description was there. I just merely found it funny that so many, as Nico said he had to remove many designs, but how so many of us missed that part of the description. I guess I did not go back and reread the description and will be more diligent to do so in the future.

Kelly Carter 11 months ago
Daisy320 - 11 months ago

Congrats to Artem and other top winners! Well cone. Beautiful work, as always. 

Daisy320 11 months ago
starsector - 11 months ago

Congratulations to Artem, Janip and Ariema!  Lots of fun ;)

starsector 11 months ago

congrats Artem_

she totally deserved this one!!! her design was incredible:)

so were the rest of the designs.

we were all winners (emotionally)