Back to ForumBack to top
Nico Langeveld - 12 months ago
Contest - Colorful Kitchen

Feel free to talk about things regarding this contest in here.

Nico Langeveld 12 months ago
49 replies
NEVERQUITDESIGNIT - 12 months ago

what?!

NEVERQUITDESIGNIT 12 months ago

who would want a colorful kitchen?!

Lifandus - 12 months ago

@Neverquitdesignit I'm not sure. I guess its a style that some people like, and some people hate.

Lifandus 12 months ago
Lifandus - 12 months ago

But I do want to ask a question. When talking about "colourful," does it need to have:

1) Plenty of different colours?

2) Have vibrant, bright colours (like orange, blue, and red)?

or 3)  Have colours that aren't really monotone (meaning not black, white, or grey)?

Lifandus 12 months ago
Interiors by Laura - 12 months ago

I'm going to go out on a limb with a guess.  1.  It did not say 'bright' it said colorful.  Colorful by definition means to have much or varied color; bright.  2. In looking at the contest picture it has red, yellow and blue. 3. It also used the term 'very pronounced' colors

Taking these 3 things into consideration, it would be my guess that multiple bright colors would be what they are looking for. I'm thinking, bright bold colors.....just my guess.

Interiors by Laura 12 months ago

im guessing that you do not have to add bright vibrant colors but, you do have to have blue and orange colors. I looked a the description and it didn't say.

so I guess you can put more vibrant colors in, but you don't have to:)

does that make sense?

lifandus,

so yeah you can...

if you want...

I personally wouldn't put MORE vibrant colors in MY design, but I would certainly put white, grey, etc. 

but only if the contest description says you can :)

but its your choice, not mine

hope this answers your question lifandus 

Theadora - 12 months ago

@NEVERQUIT...

Stop confusing people by guessing or giving answers that don't make any sense.

If you're not sure about something in a brief use your browser search box and type in a keyword(s) from the brief, in this case colourful or images for colourful and you have your answer. 

Theadora 12 months ago

@thedora

why you gotta be so rude!!!!

I will do that next time.

but you don't have to get all up in my face about one of the most unimportant things!!!

chill out.

what is your problem!!!

I will use your advice the next time someone asks a question, but you could have said it in a kinder way Theodora 

after all, I am just a child. maybe I don't make sense sometimes. maybe I am a little sensitive, but who cares

I hope you understand

sincerely,

Emaline / NEVERQUITDESIGNIT/ NQDI

kitty - 12 months ago

I actually have a colourful kitchen in my real house, its grey green and blue glass made by a company called Lago  they do kitchens in any one of dozens of colours.

I wish we had more coloured kitchen units on here to play with tbh

kitty 12 months ago
Theadora - 12 months ago

@NEVERQUIT... 

Especially because you are "just a child" it's better to leave the advice giving to more experienced members.

Theadora 12 months ago
Lifandus - 12 months ago

Thanks Laura! Wasn't so sure about it at first, but now I've got a better understanding! :)

Lifandus 12 months ago
starsector - 12 months ago

Hi NDQ, what a kind and helpful person you are! Although the rudeness before was unnecessary (don't take it to heart!) , the point was valid. The various problems, tips, and tricks with roomstyler can be complicated. And many of our members don't speak English as a first language (and often use google translate).

We do try to be as clear as we can on the forums to help reduce frustration for the members.

One thing that could really help out is if you see a question on the forum, use the Search bar to seek out older threads that already answered the question. Read through a few yourself, then post a link to that old thread for the new member to learn from.  

This is a great way for you to learn the program, too. This way, you're not only helping them, but also helping us since we don't always have time to answer all the questions (even though we try! :)

starsector 12 months ago
Inna_Inas - 12 months ago

@Theodora The main purpose of this thread is to give RS members  opportunity to discuss contest. Absolutely everyone can ask questions and reply here! Especially if it is advice about following the brief (what you are always concerned about!!!)Emaline - NQD was trying to help. And the way you replied her  was really rude and inappropriate! If you see, that someone gives wrong advices/answers, just write how to do things right . Don't forget there's a lot of kids in here and they are really fragile! 

Inna_Inas 12 months ago
Inna_Inas - 12 months ago

@Starsector it is always so nice to read your comments in any thread!  You are very kind, intelligent and friendly person! 

Inna_Inas 12 months ago
Theadora - 12 months ago

I totally agree that the Forum is for everyone.  It is important though that people (especially new members) are given the right info, which is something a young person new to this site is not likely to be able to give. Btw I did give NQD advice on how to find more info.

Rather surprised to be called out for being rude whilst it seems to be acceptable that this "child" is going around posting inappropriate comments on member's designs. 

Theadora 12 months ago
kitty - 12 months ago

agree with what Inna_Inas said.

Star sector rocks !!!!!

kitty 12 months ago

ok thanks for the advice :)

sorry if I hurt you guys's feelings. or if you were offended.

I didn't mean to be rude, please forgive me.

I will us that advice :)

NeverQuit, we're very glad to have you on this site.  I know you love it as much as we do!  Learning 'netiquette' is a process, so don't worry.  Thanks for your thoughtfulness ;)

starsector 12 months ago

I love you starsector :)

did you design anything new, lately? 

keep in touch!

@Emaline/NEVERQUITDESIGNIT/NQDI

have a great day!!!

fippydude - 12 months ago

NeverQuit, Just keep following your screen name and never quit designing.  I am not a child (67 next month) and sometimes no one likes my designs but I like them and that's what counts.  I think you communicate very well in spite of just being a child.

fippydude 12 months ago

you are such a kind person fippydude. thanks for the advice :)

and yes, I chose that name because Gods love is never ending, and he never quits. I think that we should follow his example and never quit.

same goes for designing. sometimes designs are incredible, sometimes the are poor. but you never stop designing them, NEVER QUIT...

XXXDECORATION - 12 months ago

Dont work 3DRoomPlanner? Dont loading my room since yesterday 

XXXDECORATION 12 months ago

your design won't load!!! thats terrible :(

and your 3D RoomPlanner doesn't work either!

have you tried logging out, and logging back in?

it works every time.

P.S.

if that doesn't work contact me, I am NEVERQUITDESIGNIT.

and I will give you a hole list of things it could be :)

Sue Bonstra - 12 months ago

I'm also having problems/ 3D RoomPlanner/ Room is not loading

My room since yesterday

Sue Bonstra 12 months ago

Soooo cuteee @Neverquitdesignit but maybe only administrators can fix T.T 

Always have problems ¿Is it worth the money i spend here? 

I dont know if i explain, a very bad english 

xoxo guys <3 

I tried logging out and logging in and it still does the same thing!

Frustrating >.< 

Yes it is Frustrating! You have good weekend!

wildflowers,

try some of these 

- logging out and logging back in

- contacting the forums

- contact room styler/ at bottom of page 

- sending in complaints

- shut down account and wait 3 days, log back on

just listing my ideas :)

any questions?

I already log in and out

I sent a message to Contact

https://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/10923 this appears to be a problem for everyone.  Which means there is nothing more on our end that can be done other than wait till Monday when RS returns back to the office

ok :(

I hope they fix this soon !!!!

you guys know that ive been on RS for about 3 to 4 months. im not really "new".

and thanks Inna_Inas, for defending me. I really need some encouragement. my mother just died of breast cancer, I am in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, my dad cant cook, neither can I, and of course my 5 year old sister cant!! my family lives in Florida and i live in Nashville  :(

there are 4 people in my family, now (counting me) my dad, my sister, and my baby brother :(

are there any Tennesseans here?

love you all!!!

please help and encourage 

Theadora - 12 months ago

People seem to have very short memories..

NQD has the same M.O. as omggirl67 and omggirl77  (in Florida) and has had more accounts in the past.

Lying and manipulating then and now.

https://roomstyler.com/users/omggirl77

https://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=omggirl

Theadora 12 months ago

I didn't lie!!! why are you so mean to me?! I only have ONE account! not 3!

I have a very good memory, by the way! I remember when I was born! I remember my mom :(

sorry, I cant talk on the forum anymore. I don't belong on RS :( please forgive me

Theodora, everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.  And that especially includes young people who may be struggling with 'validation' issues.  You cannot teach someone to be considerate of others by being inconsiderate to them, only by understanding.  "Lying" and "manipulative" are highly judgmental words for what is only a poor coping skill.  It is mal-adaptive at worst, it is not evil.  

Even if you are correct and this is the same young person, the fact that the previous piling-on and rejection 3 years ago apparently did nothing to improve her self-esteem should be evidence enough to try a different approach.  So rather than tearing apart her character and self-esteem even more, we could try to help build some, instead.

starsector 12 months ago
Theadora - 12 months ago

@Starsector

This person does not belong on a site like Roomstyler. Members are not counsellors/teachers and encouraging her will only increase her inappropriate behaviour.

You can call it whatever you like but lying and manipulation is exactly what she is using to get attention. We are not talking about young people here but about one individual who does not seem to have boundaries and is harassing some members by posting inappropriate comments.  She also has been told several times that taking credit for copied rooms after making only minor changes is not a nice thing to do.

I have never mentioned anywhere that this person is evil in any way but she definitely needs professional help and because she seems to be a minor it would be up to Roomstyler and not the members to do something about it.

Btw, talking about "previous piling-on and rejection 3 years ago", I remember distinctly you admonishing her and backing me up by marking her comments on my design as spam when she accused me of copying her design (which of course was my original).

Theadora 12 months ago

People can and will create whatever personalities they choose in order to gain the level of attention they so need.  I am not condoning what has happened in this forum.  While I question the truth behind NQD, I don't believe that responding to her harshly is correct. 

Until proven otherwise NQD is still a person and supposedly a child.  Lead by example, point out better ways to go about things but without being so rude about it.

In reading many of NQD's posts.  The grammar and writing style is far more advanced than that of a child.  So I question the validity of her being a child.  However, that does not mean she is not someone that does not have a strong desire to feel accepted and perhaps this is her way of doing so.  In which case we need to be encouraging. If she is making inappropriate posts in order to spark attention, then don't respond to them, merely mark as spam.  Eventually she will learn what actions win her the attention she wants and what actions get her no where.

Bottom line, we are all merely faces behind a computer screen and we really have no idea who anyone is or what their real stories are.  So we need to still treat everyone with respect.  She might be a child or she might be an adult he is struggling with relationship problems or any other number of issues.  Maybe she feels the need to take on the identity of a child in order to seek sympathy and even attention.  Regardless, no one really knows.  We can all make assumptions.  But we need to respond to everyone with the same level of respect and if something is wrong then still respond with a certain level of compassion.  Or if someone is making inappropriate comments simply do not encourage them at all.  Regardless of whether the comment is gaining attention.  She is still gaining attention, just in another area on another post.  So she is winning.  Don't give her the power to win by encouraging negative behavior. 

Sorry for rambling.  I just feel it is important to treat everyone with respect. There's nothing wrong with questioning the true identity.  We all should be cautious.  Just be cautious how you respond to anyone.  Because we have no idea what the true circumstances really are.

look, I accidentally pressed the remix button on one of articmoons designs. I just joined RS when this unlikely event happened. I told her the truth, and that whole story. she forgave me. and now we are friends :) plus, your lying that has only happened once, and I have not been reminded to not do that multiple times!

I do be long on RS, I think your just trying to get me mad, so I will leave this site! why are you so mean to me Theodora!

my mom just died, its just me my dad, and my brother and sister!!! I miss her!! I do not send inappropriate comments, you do!! I DO NOT need professional help :(

listen, your the one who started this mess. please can you start being encouraging and nice!I have had a hard life, so far. give me grace, and have mercy on me :(

I will be nice to you, if you be nice to me. 

I need help...

I need friends, who care and love me. I need...

a mom 

im sorry, bye you guys. I am leaving RS tomorrow morning :( I better make the most of it

I am not trying to gain attention, I am trying to make friends :) but you guys hate me. you don't have to lie to me. I know Theodora does, and interiorsbylaura.  

I like designing and I like friends, I do not like attention. 

I am NOT an adult seeking attention, I am 10 year old, Emaline Grace Johnson. 

I did NOT join RS to hear you guys criticize and lie about ME. I joined for some friends, and I want to be an interior designer when I grow up so, I should practice now.

Theadora, don't worry I am leaving RS tomorrow morning, and you will have all of the attention YOU want. 

thats the only reason you hate me right?! because I get all of the attention. sorry :(

bye you guys :(

NQD,  Please do not go around putting  words in my mouth that I never said.  I am a Christian, and it is not my job to judge anyone.  Furthermore, the Bible instructs us that we are to love one another....not go around spreading hate.

Theodora, I'm sure we can find an array of options in between confrontational and counseling.  You are already setting boundaries,  That can be done without tearing someone down.  Doing it politely and respectfully is not counseling, it's considerate.  Some options include:

1) ignoring (live and let live)

2) marking spam when appropriate

3) visiting their profile to leave a positive comment now and then.

4) respectful comments for guidance or redirection.

NQD, I hope you will stay on the site because I know you love to design as much as we do :) If someone sets a boundary or gives some netiquette guidance, take that as a learning opportunity, not a criticism :)

This thread is already too long and I think we've had enough negativity on the forums over the last few weeks, so its probably time to take a step back, breathe. refocus, live and let live.

starsector 12 months ago

ok, I will stay on RS. but I will leave the forum, unlesss I have a question :) bye

Phospective - 12 months ago

In lots of competitions here, there are heaps of great designs which I could live with however with colourful kitchens , there are very few I would want to cook in- juts too busy/bright!   I also find it interesting how the hot colours are popular- red, orange and yellow.  

Phospective 12 months ago
Theadora - 12 months ago

Roomstyler asked fora colourful kitchen.

Definition of colourful:

1. having intense colour or richly varied colours

2. vivid, rich, or distinctive in character

This would indicate primary colours.

I agree with you but if done right a bright coloured kitchen can be beautiful. :) 

Theadora 12 months ago
Phospective - 12 months ago

Yes,  I have no problems with the theme.. just personal opinion. 

Phospective 12 months ago
starsector - 11 months ago

Congratulations to Jessica Fox, Meggle, JayPH, ZuzanaDesign, and Shajia!  Tough to vote since there were so many unique and creative designs!

starsector 11 months ago