Back to ForumBack to top
Nico Langeveld - 6 months ago
Contest - Dark Bathroom

Feel free to talk about things regarding this contest in here.

Nico Langeveld 6 months ago
18 replies
lydiaenderlebell - 6 months ago

Hi Nico,

I have tried a photo realistic render for my "Yellow chairs" design TWICE, and each time it failed to render correctly. Although all the lights are on in the ph.r.,  design, it  turned out dark and very grainy, with an armrest on the light cream sofa almost totally black.  I guess I won't do the photo realistic render anymore, unless I can figure out how to do it differently; however, since time is running short on the yellow chairs design, I'll post the design with fewer lights. 

Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you, 

Sincerely,

Lydia Enderle Bell

lydiaenderlebell 6 months ago
Ellie665 - 6 months ago

does anyone know how to change the platform color??????????

Ellie665 6 months ago
hauser - 6 months ago

with 

- walls 

- with beams 

hauser 6 months ago
kacor06 - 6 months ago

éáéá

kacor06 6 months ago
Theadora - 6 months ago

What's up with all these dark designs? The brief is about designing a Bathroom in dark colors.   I believe that refers to materials used and not the amount of light in the room. Please turn the lights on, I can't vote for designs I can't see!   :)

Theadora 6 months ago
bgref - 6 months ago

hahahaha @theadora I'm designing mine right now! I'll keep that in mind.

bgref 6 months ago
Evelyn Tiquio - 6 months ago

@theadora, exactly,, they intentionally darken by turning lights off...:-)

Evelyn Tiquio 6 months ago
hauser - 6 months ago

The brightness is different depending on the PC / Monitor we use to look at the rooms. 

hauser 6 months ago
Theadora - 6 months ago

You're stating the obvious Hauser. It should not be necessary to adjust  the brightness of a monitor to be able to see a design.

Theadora 6 months ago
hauser - 6 months ago

Yes, it should be, but it is a problem of modern monitors we must deal with it unfortunately.  Profs calibrate the monitors for print to get the results they want.  I work with RS on several PCs and Laptops and get results from great to dark compared with the same room. 

hauser 6 months ago
Theadora - 6 months ago

We are talking about 2 different things here. Yes, you are right about differences in  levels of brightness between monitors and that would be a factor.

However, I'm talking about people creating designs for this particular contest using very few light sources thus making the rooms intentionally and artificially  dark. This I believe is not what the brief intended and has nothing to do with monitor brightness but with design choices. 

Theadora 6 months ago
hauser - 6 months ago

Yes, and i looked  at the contest and see no room that is so dark that i cannot see anything, like some rooms in the past.

hauser 6 months ago
Gener Morales - 5 months ago

Hello Everyone. I need Help. I've tried all sunlight directions but still no sunlight in my designs

Gener Morales 5 months ago
Theadora - 5 months ago

@Gener Morales

Click on the lightbulb in your menu and move the light slider to the right (about 80). You can put the other light slider back to normal.

East at low will probably give you the best result.

You have to hurry up submitting your design, voting starts 3 days before the official end of the contests and you won't be able to submit as soon as voting starts.

Theadora 5 months ago
hauser - 5 months ago
hauser 5 months ago
Theadora - 5 months ago

It is not necessary to resort to tricks like adding a diagonal wall with windows. 

This is the result after adjusting the light sliders and putting the sun direction on southeast and low.

Theadora 5 months ago
Lifandus - 5 months ago

Can I ask why this contest was particularly short compared to the others? Because of its short duration, I wasn't able to create a room in time. :(

Lifandus 5 months ago
Gener Morales - 5 months ago

Okay. Thanks for the help @Lifandus. I really appreciate it

Gener Morales 5 months ago