Back to ForumBack to top
Nico Langeveld - 12 months ago
Contest - 2019 Home Interior

Feel free to talk about things regarding this contest in here.

Nico Langeveld 12 months ago
21 replies
ZuzanaDesign - 12 months ago

Can I change the floor?

ZuzanaDesign 12 months ago
shahr - 12 months ago

"Design a living room based on the template room in what you think will become The interior style in the next year. Search through style watching websites or magazines or invent a style of your own using your own favorite sources of inspiration. Apply this to the template living room and get us all surprized and inspired. As in most template contest, you should not change the architecture of the room itself: don't change the room shape, door or windows. Don't add structural items like ceiling beams or stairs or extra columns or floors etc. Only furnish and decorate."

In the last template contest you were allowed to change the floor, wall, and ceiling colour, so I'm guessing that's a yes, Nico?

shahr 12 months ago
Nico Langeveld - 12 months ago

yes. different floor material no problem. Just don't do a floor elevation. The contest is about the interior style, not about room architecture.

Nico Langeveld 12 months ago
Valentinapenta - 12 months ago

It would be nice if members identified the 2019 interior design trend they are representing.  It could be done with titles for their rooms.

Valentinapenta 12 months ago
fippydude - 12 months ago

I really enjoyed doing this one.  It forced me out of my comfort zone (shabby chic)and made me do some research.  Thank you for this contest.

fippydude 12 months ago
kitty - 12 months ago

@Valentinapenta agree thats what Ive done.

kitty 12 months ago
onp3894 - 12 months ago

HELP PLEASE.  I cannot upload my submission.  I created it using the template as directed but when I go to submit it gives me a message that I have to use the template.

onp3894 12 months ago
starsector - 12 months ago

Hi onp, your design was created using the "livingspaces' white label program.  White labels are sites that Roomstyler created for specific retailers.  They intersect with the main server, but are separate programs.  Those are blocked from entering contests.  

You should be able to access your account through the main roomstyler login at https://roomstyler.com/

using the same member ID and password.  Then go to your profile to that room.  Try entering it into the contest from there.  If it still doesn't work, go to that room and open the planner.  Move an object to activate the 'Save', then save it.  NOTE:  Make sure you click the Public toggle from the Save menu!  

After it's saved, try entering it into the contest again.  If it still doesn't work, please post again with specific steps you took so we can narrow down the problem for you :)

starsector 12 months ago
onp3894 - 12 months ago

Hi Starsector,

Thank you for helping me.  Unfortunately I followed all of the steps that you provided, however, I still get the same message.  I may be trying to submit it incorrectly though.  Am I supposed to open the contest then push the green submit entry button or am I supposed to do something from the 3D room that I created?  I've made the room public and re-named it to Template 2019 onp3894 if you want to have a look?

Thank you again.

onp3894 12 months ago
starsector - 12 months ago

Hi onp, sorry that didn't help.  When I open your planner, I can still see in the URL that it is 'Livingspaces'.  Try this:  Go through the main Roomstyler link I provided above.  Open your planner to the template room, than carefully delete the word livingspaces (and the period after the word) from the URL in your address bar.  There are two places in the URL you need to delete it.  

Then save the design again.  Make sure you make it Public, then try entering it in the contest again.  Please post again and let us know if that worked :)

starsector 12 months ago
NFP - 12 months ago

Hi Starsector….I actually just made a new account using my secondary e-mail account.  I was able to load it that way.  Thank you for all of the help. :)

NFP 12 months ago
deemuri_co - 12 months ago

I am unable to submit my design.  its slotted for public and when I click submit a design it pulls up my room.  I am able to highlight my design but that's it.  There is no click to submit again.  underneath my puled up room from which  I've made my selection you can see the start designing and submit but that's it.  I did try to click submit from there but repeatedly my room disappear and it doesn't get entered.

deemuri_co 12 months ago
Theadora - 12 months ago

@deemuri_co

Just to let you know I can see your design in the contest. :)

Theadora 12 months ago
deemuri_co - 12 months ago

I know It finally took. Thanks all!

deemuri_co 12 months ago
agilan - 12 months ago

Is it too late to submit a design?

agilan 12 months ago
Theadora - 12 months ago

You can't submit after voting has started, which is 3 days before the end of the contest.

Theadora 12 months ago
agilan - 12 months ago

OK thank you

agilan 12 months ago
agilan - 12 months ago

Just wondering where I was meant to find that information.

agilan 12 months ago
Theadora - 12 months ago

Unfortunately this info is not posted anywhere so you came to the right place. 

It would be great if Roomstyler could include it in every contest brief (and the Manual at the top of the forum page) instead of having people find out the hard way by missing deadlines. 

Theadora 12 months ago
agilan - 12 months ago

Thanks a lot.

Couldn't agree more.

agilan 12 months ago
shadowbunny06 - 11 months ago

um i did not even read it to much

shadowbunny06 11 months ago