Back to ForumBack to top
kitty - 2 months ago
disappearing room items

I just went to edit a room containing a rug and two mirrors from the 'NEW' items section, when it opened my room the 3 items were missing.

Thinking perhaps I'd deleted them by accident I closed my design re-opened the room and once more no rug nor mirrors-neither were they in my room items list.

a bit frustrated by this as the room had those as a focal point.

has this problem happen to anyone else as I'm wary of adding other things from this section in case this happens with them.

This has never happened to me before.

kitty 2 months ago
37 replies
Sally Simpson - 2 months ago

Same here. The candle holder in this room is gone when editing, and it's not longer listed on items to add to the room :(

Weird.

Sorry for my English, I'm from Spain.

Sally Simpson 2 months ago

I also noticed that all the art items I added from the New section in this room are gone while editing:

And it seems that they are not longer available in Accesoires/Art section.

kitty - 2 months ago

your english is excellent!

I wish the tech team would tell us whats going on. its really frustrating as I think we all have certain 'favourite' things that we chose to use in our designs

kitty 2 months ago

It's frustrating.

Lots of fantastic Art items, rugs and candles had been added recently to the NEW section and now they are gone :(

To the techs, in case it helps:

I designed a room two months ago (it's private, so I can't post the pic) adding an item from the NEW section and it's gone while editing.

What leads me to thing that all the items added to the NEW section since November, at least, are gone.

kitty - 2 months ago

@sally Simpson Same thing has happened to me : ( I could cry really...I am designing a room and the chandelier wall lights  rug and mirrors are really important as is the art- All in new items section all gone in the last couple of hours!!!!

I don't want to put in another chandelier as the one I found was just perfect.

All the new art and lights were great and ugh! now I just feel like giving up a design I was really excited by.

kitty 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

I suspect this poor "newbie" had a similar experience:

https://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/11224 

Theadora 2 months ago

Forget my previous post.

Just browsed that 3D room history and I added the disappeared item by editing the room 21 days ago.

Sorry for the confusion :(

Btw, there used to be fantastic vases in the NEW section that now are also gone

Dawn Wiist - 2 months ago

missing New items as well

Dawn Wiist 2 months ago

I guess this issue is affecting to many ppl, the prob is that one doesn't notice this bug unless one edits the rooms.

That's why just a few ppl is posting about it, I suppose.

kitty - 2 months ago

Still fuming over this its so frustrating I have to re-design my whole room.

Things have gone that were there last night  : (

No feedback from tech!!!!

kitty 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Hi Kitty, contact Roomstyler directly, they don't seem to check out our Forum posts. :( 

Theadora 2 months ago
I just contacted RS team to let them know about the issue.
kitty - 2 months ago

Thank-you both.

We really need a dedicated forum moderator and team here

kitty 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

I'd be happy to volunteer since I have no interest in winning but am concerned about fairness in contests. Unfortunately I don't think they'll have me, LOL.

Theadora 2 months ago
Theadora - 2 months ago

Oopsie, had contests on my mind...

I don't think Roomstyler staff has the time to moderate the Forum...they already do double duty for Floorplanner and Roomstyler....

Theadora 2 months ago
JeroenBekkers - 2 months ago

Sorry for the delayed reply. We are indeed a bit busy with rolling out a new version of Floorplanner and sometimes do not have enough time to timely respond to the forums. Sorry for this.  We'll take a look at this is now.

JeroenBekkers 2 months ago
JeroenBekkers - 2 months ago

ok, these items were mistakenly added to the public libraries. They should have been kept private for a specific client but for a period we had them publicly available. The items were set to private once this was brought to our attention and therefor they are not showing up anymore in rooms. Normally we have an extra check to make sure this doesn't happen but in this case we overlooked this.  We'll try to prevent this in the future.

JeroenBekkers 2 months ago
Valentinapenta - 2 months ago

The items were really nice.   Sure the  private client was fully satisfied with the modeling.

Valentinapenta 2 months ago
Bonnie Chappell - 2 months ago

Geez, the items were really special! I am disappointed!

Bonnie Chappell 2 months ago

Same here.

The Art stuff added recently to the NEW section was the best stuff I have ever used in my rooms.

Same applies to Vases and candles.

Now all those fantastic items are gone. Frustrating.

Considering that this issue is RS fault due to a mistake on their own I think that making all the disappeared stuff available on public libraries again would be the fairest action to take.

Just saying...

I agree Sally the items were terrific, however, one thing we need to remember is Roomstyler is a business.  Its purpose is to make money.   We as members are lucky to use the site for free. 

Well, we are also supporting their bussiness by designing spaces with featured products that people can buy.

I absolutely used to love those terrific Art items added recently to the NEW section and now I'm missing them so much.

And now I feel so disappointed. But bussiness is bussiness, as you say.

KKTO - 2 months ago

You know I spent several hours looking for that one table , oh well its gone now. I try to keep a decent colour match and wouldn't you know it, no other table like the one I found. On to the next design.

KKTO 2 months ago
kitty - 2 months ago

The lights,vases art  furniture and rugs that have been lost were so much nicer than anything else available.

Gutted!

I would be happy to pay a small (i.e.;affordable for a hobby designer like me) fee to have access to an enhanced catalog of items and features.

expanded architecture options and access to wider furniture catalogs (brands such as Roche Bobois,Vitsoe Balthaup etc ) would be really inspiring and surely entice more members to join the site professional as well as hobby designers

kitty 2 months ago

Kitty, do you remember when you could have certain items modeled for 30 credits?  I had Hans Wegner's "Papa Bear  chair and ottoman" done, and soon after the team discontinued it.  I wish they'd bring it back.

kitty - 2 months ago

Yes I do remember!

I think it would be great if we could even have an option where we could access extra items like those that were deleted for credits,

ie; 50 credits buys a months unlimited access to an expanded catalog of architectural features and furniture/accessories.

I know that we have access to tens of thousands of items for free but to be honest a great many of them are very bland or a bit ugly.

I was trying to look for a wardrobe for a design and found myself very frustrated by seeing the same old items. 

kitty 2 months ago

I've thought for awhile now Roomstyler needs to retire many items and update its categories.  I find it tedious scrolling through 10,299 sofas to find one to fit a design.  Especially when you find 14 Browning sofas in different patterns and colors.  The style is so old, people are selling them on Ebay.

kitty - 2 months ago

@valentinapenta exactly!!! And I hate using the same sofa more than once because Its so tedious as you say scrolling through 10k sofas of which many are out of date or render really badly.

for instance a lot of the leather onces when rendered look like they're made of plastascine! awful.

and the 'sections' within the categories need updating go to sofas for instance and there are far more 4 seaters than come up under that subsection.

also carpets and paint needs updating.

kitty 2 months ago

Agree with you completely Kitty.

Dawn Wiist - 2 months ago

A lot if us cannot afford to pay for items. That is what the best part of this is. You have access to it and the items without charge. Please don't change that

Dawn Wiist 2 months ago
kitty - 2 months ago

@dawnwiist I totally agree as I too don't have a lot of money.

my suggestion is that like we buy credits to get renders we buy credits to access a wider catalog of items.. say £5 buys a month of unlimited access to a bigger catalog

otherwise we can just stay for free and have access to the existing features.

kitty 2 months ago
Jade Autumn - 2m ago

Well, that explains what happened to those gorgeous, deep-red rugs I wanted to use ... *sighs*  It sucks that a mistake they made cost us so many gorgeous new things ... add my voice to the one calling "unfair".  Mistake or not, we had use of them for quite some time.  I want my nice, blood-red rugs back.

kitty - 2m ago

I hear You Jade!

I'm actually bored with much of the selection we currently have and I feel I've over-used some of the items that fit in with my style : (

I really miss all the new stuff that rendered beautifully too!

kitty 2m ago
raquelz - 1 month ago

Same, missing candle holders, chandeliers, wall-lamps, even the desk I had chosen in my "office". Accessed my room today and the room was almost bare lol. Just glad I did save my 3D pictures before but a bit sad as I wanted to add Christmas decorations today and found my room this way. Is there any hope that after a while, the "private" items will be available for everyone again?

raquelz 1 month ago
kitty - 1 month ago

I wish...it would be nice as they were beautiful items, 

kitty 1 month ago
Jade Autumn - 1 month ago

Same, Kitty.  I'm to the point that I'm basically just editing rooms and saving them as new ones while trying to re-use the same items I've already used in different ways.  I know they're inundated with requests from all of us for different furniture, decor, etc, but ... gah.  I'm the weirdo who wants sleek black kitchen cabinets (solid black, not black with wood counters) and such, blood-red area rugs, and the like.   There's only so much we can do creatively on our own, and the addition of some rich colors would be greatly appreciated.  Jewel tones and gloss-black please!

Jade Autumn 1 month ago