Hi, is it possible to alter the height of the stairs please, as i have a staircase that i cannot manage to produce with any of the available models please....Thanks
Do I need to pay any subscription in order to do that as I don't know how. Thanks
You might want to read Roomstyler's manual to learn the basics of constructing a room first.
Btw To remix Starsector's design click on the 3 dots bottom right.
i am sorry but i cannot find how to do it.....
I cannot find the features you are mentioning....sorry
I am in the middle of an explanation, just be patient for a little while :)
It's all about creating steps using adjustable walls.
1. Add a rectangular template outside your room and move it into the room where you want the stairs by pulling on the walls.
2. Click on "Build room layout" (top icon) > "draw your own walls" and draw walls making sure the blue dot ends up in the centre of the opposite wall. Change the wall thickness to "Thick wall" by clicking on each wall and adjusting. Each wall is going to be a step.
3. Delete the outside triangular shapes (what used to be your outside stair walls).
4. You can now adjust the width of each stair step by pulling/pushing the blue dot on either side of the "step".
5. To adjust the height of each step, click on the wall and use a "Rectangular opening" found in the doors section. This opening is adjustable so start with the bottom step (wall) by dragging and dropping a rectangular opening and make it as high as possible.
6. Decrease the height of the opening by the height of the step and make the distance from base of door to floor this height.
7. Do the same thing with each wall - decreasing the height of the opening and increasing/doubling the distance from base of door to floor.
It's a bit of work but doable. :)
thank you but u give up.....all walls keep on reducing size and there is a limit how much i can go down.....thank you for your time but i will leave it to some one who is more professional than me......thanks
If you make your room public maybe I or someone else can help?
Thank you, so what is wrong with the stairs in your template?
This stairs exist in real life and i need to mould the model on the real thing
the stairs in my template at the best bet i found. In real life the stairs are different than what there is in the template.
i've tried all i could but its not happening. Gota give up
thanks all .
It is not easy for a beginner to look at a room you want to build in RS and think about it in RS style. Some examples :
It is an illusion of a staircase. You have only to create the parts, which let someone think, that there is a staircase.
Hauser stop teasing this poor guy! ;)
Ivan, you have to know that 99.9% of the people using Roomstyler (including myself) can't do what Hauser does....
It can be frustrating learning how to do these things but the only way you'll learn is to try things out for yourself and by remixing others' designs and figuring out how they did it. Also using the search function on the Roomstyler forum or google (type site:roomstyler.com/forum and then something like 'stairs') for discussion threads where these techniques have been explained and talked about many times before. Don't be too discouraged, keep trying!