Back to ForumBack to top
Ivan Azzopardi - 1 month ago
Stairs Height

Hi, is it possible to alter the height of the stairs please, as i have a staircase that i cannot manage to produce with any of the available models please....Thanks

Ivan Azzopardi 1 month ago
31 replies
Theadora - 1 month ago

You can build your own, remix Starsector's example to find out how:

Theadora 1 month ago

Do I need to pay any subscription in order to do that as I don't know how. Thanks

Theadora - 1 month ago

The use of this website is free.

Theadora 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

You might want to read Roomstyler's manual to learn the basics of constructing a room first.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/media.eu.mydeco3d.com/media/manual/manual-en-2013-v1.pdf 

Theadora 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

Btw To remix Starsector's design click on the 3 dots bottom right.

Theadora 1 month ago

i am sorry but i cannot find how to do it.....

I cannot find the features you are mentioning....sorry

Theadora - 1 month ago

I am in the middle of an explanation, just be patient for a little while :) 

Theadora 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

It's all about creating steps using adjustable walls.

1.  Add a rectangular template outside your room and move it into the room where you want the stairs by pulling on the walls. 

2. Click on "Build room layout" (top icon) > "draw your own walls" and draw walls making sure the blue dot ends up in the centre of the opposite wall. Change the wall thickness to "Thick wall" by clicking on each wall and adjusting. Each wall is going to be a step.

3. Delete the outside triangular shapes (what used to be your outside stair walls).

4. You can now adjust the width of each stair step by pulling/pushing the blue dot on either side of the "step".

5. To adjust the height of each step, click on the wall and use a "Rectangular opening" found in the doors section. This opening is adjustable so start with the bottom step (wall) by dragging and dropping a rectangular opening and make it as high as possible.

6. Decrease the height of the opening by the height of the step and make the distance from base of door to floor this height.

7. Do the same thing with each wall - decreasing the height of the opening and increasing/doubling the distance from base of door to floor.

It's a bit of work but doable.  :)  

Theadora 1 month ago

thank you but u give up.....all walls keep on reducing size and there is a limit how much i can go down.....thank you for your time but i will leave it to some one who is more professional than me......thanks

Theadora - 1 month ago

If you make your room public maybe I or someone else can help?

Theadora 1 month ago

it is public :-)

Theadora - 1 month ago

Thank you, so what is wrong with the stairs in your template?

Theadora 1 month ago

This stairs exist in real life and i need to mould the model on the real thing

the stairs in my template at the best bet i found. In real life the stairs are different than what there is in the template.

i've tried all i could but its not happening. Gota give up

thanks all .

hauser - 1 month ago

It is not easy for a beginner to look at a room you want to build in RS and think about it in RS style. Some examples : 

hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago
hauser 1 month ago
hauser - 1 month ago

It is an illusion of a staircase. You have only to create the parts, which let someone think, that there is a staircase. 

hauser 1 month ago

II gave up now

Theadora - 1 month ago

Hauser stop teasing this poor guy! ;)

Ivan, you have to know that 99.9% of the people using Roomstyler (including myself) can't do what Hauser does....

Theadora 1 month ago
LB1981 - 1 month ago

It can be frustrating learning how to do these things but the only way you'll learn is to try things out for yourself and by remixing others' designs and figuring out how they did it. Also using the search function on the Roomstyler forum or google (type site:roomstyler.com/forum and then something like 'stairs') for discussion threads where these techniques have been explained and talked about many times before. Don't be too discouraged, keep trying!

LB1981 1 month ago
kitty - 1 month ago

Dont give up! Ive been on this site since 2008 and can't do what Hauser does...but practice makes perfect!

kitty 1 month ago