Back to ForumBack to top
Debora Bittencourt - 1 month ago
Contest - IP | Terrazzo

Feel free to talk about things regarding this contest in here ;)

Debora Bittencourt 1 month ago
16 replies
edDesign - 1 month ago

Dear All! Can anyone tell me how can I divide a wall (vertically) into 2-3 parts? Thx!

edDesign 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

Click on the wall and then click on the scissors. You can move the division by dragging the blue dot.

Theadora 1 month ago
edDesign - 1 month ago

Sorry, wrong question... Horizontally?

edDesign 1 month ago
Theadora - 1 month ago

Download a photo and apply to the wall as wall art to cover top or bottom half of the wall.

Theadora 1 month ago
edDesign - 1 month ago

Thank you Theadora!

edDesign 1 month ago
kitty - 1 month ago

LOVE Terrazzo! so excited about this contest !!!

kitty 1 month ago
Valentinapenta - 1 month ago

I love terrazzo too,Kitty.  Lived in a house with all terrazzo floors (hot, sandy beach climate) many years ago, and found them to be cool, and easy to clean.  As far as the contest, I just wish more thought went into them.   They seem ad hoc to me.

Valentinapenta 1 month ago
kitty - 1 month ago

@valentinapenta I do agree ! I'd love Terrazzo tiles for instance  and the variety of terrazzo is so wonderful-as just a sideboard is not really showcasing the material to good effect.

kitty 1 month ago
junicorn19 - 27d ago

Same with kitty

junicorn19 27d ago
junicorn19 - 27d ago

Waaaaaaiiiiit. 

junicorn19 27d ago

We are really very happy with the designs, you are awesome! ;) Please keep in mind that projects need to be defined as "public" to be judged, ok?

Theadora - 25d ago

@Debora Bittencourt

Designs that are set to "private" happen when the designer decides to make a change to the design AFTER it has been submitted to the contest.

When they save their design using "Take a 3D photo" it automatically sets to "Keep private" unless you click on "Make this room public".

This is often not done since the design was originally set to "public" when it was submitted,  resulting in private designs.  You can still vote for them but it is impossible to give these designs a like which would be the only way for them to realize there is something wrong.

The only solution I see is to make it impossible to change a design after it has been submitted so people are forced to take their design out of the contest to make a change and re-submit..  

Theadora 25d ago
Valentinapenta - 25d ago

As one who is constantly tweaking my designs (sometimes for the worse), I think members just need to know they need to  make sure the option,  "Make this room public" is on after making changes.

Theadora - 25d ago

The option to keep private/make public is right there every time you make changes and take a 3D photo - I don't know what can be done to make members more aware that there is a choice to make. Flashing red and green lights? lol

Theadora 25d ago

Congrats on the winners!! =D

Hi Debora,

After "tweaking" my Grand Canyon design in the contest, I get the "Make Public" design (I don't know exactly at what point it changed from "Make Private"  to Make Public. Anyway when I click on the "Make Public" , a sign pops up that says "The room has entered a contest and cannot be made private. Also, the key on the room at my website is "locked." When I asked a RS friend to click on it to see if she can access it, the "Bummer" sign shows up, i.e., she can no longer access it. I should add this happened to just about every design in a contest when I tried to "tweak" it.  Can you help me and change those designs with the same problem back to a normal function? Or is this what happens when one makes corrections after entering in the contest (BTW) I tried withdraw and work on it but this didn't work either.