Back to ForumBack to top
pink2142 - 7d ago
First timer - help with my living room!

Hi all

This is my first time using Roomstyler and I've attempted to recreate my living room! I've tried to paint the walls and ceiling white but they keep coming up grey!?

I need some inspiration for this room - its currently painted all white with a light grey grooved wood effect flooring that runs throughout the downstairs of my cottage. I have lovely blue sofas - the colour in the 3d image is quite accurate.

As the ceilings are very low Im struggling to find furnishings and art work to suit it - any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Julie

PS can you see my room or do I need to post a link?

pink2142 7d ago
23 replies

sure ill help you

Here you go!

pink2142 - 6d ago

Wow thanks Isaacarchitect! That was so fast!

pink2142 6d ago

Your welcome. I can try again if you don't like it.

pink2142 - 6d ago

It’s great but where you’ve put the bookcase is a banister for the stairs-still working out how to use the app! I prefer something a little less busy as it’s such a small room. Please do give me some more ideas, I really appreciate it. Also the blue sofas that are in there need to stay, although not necessarily in the same place! Thank you

pink2142 6d ago
Theadora - 6d ago

Hi pink2142

Questions:

What is the largest space used for? 

Is there a kitchen in the smallest room at the top?

Can the large and medium spaces be switched around?

Are the stairs open to the living room?

Are the sofas you used here approx. the same size as what you have?

Btw Click on the lightbulb on the left in the menu to adjust the brightness and sunlight in the room and your whites will look whiter. 

Theadora 6d ago
Theadora - 6d ago

Oops, forgot to ask, where's the windows?

Theadora 6d ago
pink2142 - 6d ago

Hi Theadora

You enter the living room with the sofa on the left and the tv on your right. The two rooms off the living room are not to scale. The other doorway leads to the playroom which is smaller than the living room.

The largest room is the kitchen/dining room but I'm unable to change them as the kitchen has a fixed island unit in it.

The stairs are open to the living room but have a bannister, so its also a "through room".

The sofas are roughly to scale,  my smaller one is 0.20 shorter than the one on the plan.

There are no windows in the room but natural light comes in from the stairs as there is a velux at the top. 

Thank you I will attempt to adjust the lighting!

Thanks

Julie

pink2142 6d ago
Theadora - 5d ago

Hi Julie

There's no wiggle space so I'll be keeping the sofas in the same place.

Question: how big is your t.v.?

Theadora 5d ago

Julie, is the height of your walls really 6'11"?  

pink2142 - 5d ago

Hi Theodora

The tv is 110cm wide x 64cm height. It is on a bracket on the wall and measurement from floor to the tv base is 77cm. 

There is also a floating unit which sits directly underneath it - measurement from the floor to base of floating unit is 51cm and from the floor to the top of the floating unit 68cm Hope that makes sense?

pink2142 5d ago
pink2142 - 5d ago

Hi Valentinapenta

The height from floor to ceiling in my living room is 6'11" - is that what you mean?

pink2142 5d ago

Yes.   As you said that's a very low ceiling.  I can see your dilemma.

pink2142 - 5d ago

I'm really struggling!!!

pink2142 5d ago
chania - 5d ago
chania 5d ago
chania - 5d ago
chania 5d ago
chania - 5d ago
chania 5d ago
pink2142 - 5d ago

Wow Chania, thanks!

pink2142 5d ago

Cool I'll work on it done more!

pink2142 - 5d ago

Great thanks!

pink2142 5d ago
Theadora - 5d ago

Hi pink2142

Here is an idea for your living room.

The closest I could get to the tv setup you have is this swivel wall attached tv with shelves.

Hope you like it. :)

Theadora 5d ago

Good luck with your room.

pink2142 - 4d ago

Thank you, Theadora and Valentinapenta!

pink2142 4d ago