Back to ForumBack to top
help! cottage house living room.

I need some ideas to decorate this cottage house living room.  The windows and doors have to stay in the same spot. Any ideas would be wonderful.

24 replies
Theadora - 6d ago

Hi Joanne,

What are your colour/styler preferences?

Can I straighten your walls out or are they crooked like that?  :) 

Theadora 6d ago

The walls were just painted a burlap color, not sure what colors will go with.  We  plan to buy new furniture, and yes you can straighten out the walls.

Theadora - 4d ago

Hi Joanne,

Your template had some walls that were not connected properly so I fixed it, also finished your kitchen. This template can now be used by anyone who would like to give it a try.

Chania? :)

Theadora 4d ago
Theadora - 4d ago

Btw, what is the room in the back used for, does it have a door or is it open to the living/dining? You want different flooring in each room?

Theadora 4d ago
Theadora - 4d ago

What furniture style/colours do you like and what pieces of furniture are needed?

Theadora 4d ago

Thank you so much,  We will need a couch/sectional, a chair or two, coffee table, TV/stand.  Haven't decided on colors any ideas would be great.  It will have a dark brown carpet in the living room area, and white tiles in the rest of the house.  The door in the middle of the wall is the front door.  the other door by the kitchen leads to a break room/office.

Theadora - 4d ago

What about the space on the left of the template?

Theadora 4d ago
Theadora - 4d ago

Oops, I was too quick, office it is... :)

Theadora 4d ago
Theadora - 4d ago

Sorry Chania, I think I fixed the kitchen floor now. :)

Theadora 4d ago
Theadora - 3d ago

Hi again Joanne,

I'm having a really hard time trying to find furniture to fit in the carpeted living room area that will give you a conversational space where you can also watch t.v. Can you check your template to see if I made the right "fixes" and the tile/carpeted areas are correct?

If I did it right, I would like to suggest enlarging the living room area  by running the carpet up to the kitchen wall. 

I'm still confused about "the other door by the kitchen leads to a break room/office ". The only other door is on the right wall so do you want me to ignore the doorless/windowless space on the left of the template?

Also, is your ceiling height 10'2"?

Theadora 3d ago
chania - 2d ago
chania 2d ago
chania - 2d ago
chania 2d ago
chania - 2d ago
chania 2d ago
chania - 2d ago
chania 2d ago
chania - 2d ago
chania 2d ago
chania - 2d ago
chania 2d ago
chania - 2d ago
I made both doors larger and pushed the door on the wall with a mirror so that it was on the axis between the kitchen and the living room.
chania 2d ago
chania - 2d ago

Dear Theodora, thank you very much for your help, for your kind heart. You are like a caring mother for all of us here. I wish you and your family health and all the best in new year. Sorry, I don’t like to write a lot.

chania 2d ago
Theadora - 2d ago

@Chania,

Thank you my friend, hoping you also have a happy and most importantly healthy 2020. (Alice is doing really well :) 

Theadora 2d ago
Theadora - 1d ago

Hi Joanne

Here is finally an idea for your rooms. Living room has 2 swivel chairs so you can watch t.v. or be part of the conversation area. Hope you like it. :) 

Theadora 1d ago
Theadora - 1d ago

Theadora 1d ago
Theadora - 1d ago

Theadora 1d ago
Theadora - 1d ago

Oops

Theadora 1d ago
Theadora - 1d ago

Theadora 1d ago