Back to ForumBack to top
Isaacarchitect - 22d ago
Youth Group

So this forum was an idea from Starsector, and it will be used by the youth and junior members of this amazing site. The younger members like me, Yate, RaeCam, and other who are all under the age of 18 and you can use this forum if you are an adult but don't think that you are very good. We won't exclude you but this forum would be used by the youngers to share ideas and ask for help. You can share your designs on here too. But mostly you would use it to ask and share ideas. If you like the idea, tell me below, I think that it shouldn't be used as a way to text each other because that is not what this site is for. If you are going consider asking for ideas here. Thanks! I will be keeping up with the forum very carefully. 

69 replies
starsector - 21d ago

Great job on your intro, Issac!  This is also a great place to post templates that can be shared for a friendly 'Round Robin' with Youth members adding their touches!  Here's a tip to make a long thread a little easier to manage:  Click the green 'reply' button on the right hand side.  It'll take you all the way to bottom of the thread to easily check on recent posts :)

starsector 21d ago

Excellent !!!, I'm 58 years old but super young in this, lol. My first intervention, how can you upload templates or designs on which you want to ask for help? I saw it on the forum but I didn't find it

Isaacarchitect - 21d ago

So when you are done with a design or you just need help with one, it will show up at the ton of your profile page. Click on it and scroll down until you see the related rooms part. Click one of the room's and it will take you to another room scroll down again to the related rooms and you should see the room that you want to post there. Left click on the room and go to copy link address, click on that and it should have copied the room's link and you can go to the forum and paste it into a forum post and we should be able to see it.

Yate - 21d ago

Thanks for recommending this isaac!

Yate 21d ago
Yate - 21d ago

Can i recommend this forum to Maria Jose y Alex?

Yate 21d ago
Isaacarchitect - 21d ago

yes! get everyone thats young as you can!

Isaacarchitect - 20d ago

Have you asked him yet?

Isaacarchitect - 20d ago

Any ideas for how I could make this better?

kitty - 20d ago

@Issacarchitect Yawn.

You be the judge of that...I thought this was the youth group.. 

not the Issac architect help ME with MY design group.

this group was a good idea..now you've brought it back to you seeking attention for your designs again.

Poor show.

kitty 20d ago
Yate - 20d ago

wow @kitty. I don't mean to be rude but wow.

Yate 20d ago
kitty - 20d ago

@Yate And I didn't want to be rude but unfortunately IA seems to use every platform as an excuse to draw attention to their own designs .

Advice and support amongst members has never in the past been 'do you like my design' 'how can I make my design better' as a rule it is more usually asking how to use certain features or create certain effects.

I think this youth group is a wonderful idea where newer members can support and help each other ...

I feel by IA once again posting one of his/her own designs it is not group minded

kitty 20d ago
Isaacarchitect - 19d ago

kitty, if you can't, i frankly think you should leave the site, right now. by saying in the other forum thread that you" were not picking on me" by saying that my room is not worth to be in the contest, you 1. offended me deeply, 2. show that you cannot be a proper adult. i'm very glad, starsector is helping me bc before you team of bullies, frankly, went 3 to 1 against me. so please stop and leave me in peace for once. thank you

Yate - 19d ago

kitty i agree somewhat about what you are saying about Isaac BUT you are not exempt from the other things you have done. 

Isaac- if you would please give me the title of the forum where kitty said what you quoted i would like to look at it

Yate 19d ago
Yate - 19d ago

And also Isaac is asking honestly for advice on how to make his design better. Please take it for what its is and leave him alone

Yate 19d ago
Isaacarchitect - 19d ago
Isaacarchitect - 19d ago

BTW did you ask Maria Jose y Alex yet?

Isaacarchitect - 19d ago

I can tell him if you want

kitty - 19d ago

@Issacarchitect I dont remember EVER saying your room never deserved to be in a contest.

I dont think I would say such a thing. Everyones work deserves to be in a contest as long as it is their own work and not a remix of someone else's.

I'm sure some people think my work isn't good enough to be in a contest but I do it anyway because I enjoy designing.

I will check my post on the other thread because I Really can't believe I would ever 

say such a thing-I'm not a bitch and if I pulled you up too harshly for things please accept my apology.

I didn't go out of my way to upset you..just to point out that some of your posts were attention seeking.

This is the last I will say on it.

kitty 19d ago
Isaacarchitect - 19d ago

"you be the judge of that...I thought this was the youth group..

not the Isaac architect help ME with MY design group.

this group was a good idea..now you've brought it back to you seeking attention for your designs again.

Poor show."

I misread this, thank you for your apology, it's deeply appreciated.

Yate - 18d ago

Thank you for the apology kitty

Isaac, I did ask Maria Jose y Alex but haven't heard anything.

Yate 18d ago
Isaacarchitect - 18d ago

Alrighty

@Isaac, as you know I have tried to help you with your images.  But yes, you need to learn to do things on your own.  You will find that the majority of people to do not ask for room specific guidance.  This can be seen as self promoting and rude.  But instead you will see individuals that don't understand how to do a certain task such as the images or placing items on shelves.  If you want to know how to make your rooms great, then look at some of the truly fantastic designers and see what jumps out at you.  Please note, I am not saying copy other designers.  But you'll learn that you need to take things beyond just 4 walls and a chair.  Learn how to make it homey. Sometimes over decorate.  Maybe an extra plant, and extra photo.  But again, do not keep asking for room specific help because that just begins to look bad and makes it look like you are self promoting yourself.  Every single one of us here had to learn the ropes. Sometimes you learn it by opening up a room and looking at someone else's design.  Your work is good.  I have no doubt if you will steer clear of the haters that you will learn the ropes quickly and be making amazing rooms!!!

RaeCam - 17d ago

I agree I havent really gotten into this whole "feud" because I could not get my thoughts into words...I have nothing against "IA" but I dont know it seems like he is Everywhere...

RaeCam 17d ago
kitty - 17d ago

@Whatinspires 

Beautifully put-you have managed to convey what I was trying to say without coming across rude like I did..so respect to you.X

kitty 17d ago
Isaacarchitect - 16d ago

Thank you kitty for apologizing. I know that I can be annoying too so I am sorry too. Now can we use this youth forum for something else besides arguing?

Y'all lets just drop the subject and get along

RaeCam - 15d ago

um we already have

RaeCam 15d ago
Isaacarchitect - 15d ago

Thanks RaeCam and Crazy Cat girl 10.

Rae Cam

I mean on the other forums too.

Yate - 15d ago

@Isaacarchitect

In response on how you could make the room better here are some things i think would liven up the design.

1. Move the shelving unit over a little. It crowds the tub

2.  Change the flooring to something more pale colored

3. Change the rug to something less impactful 

4. The design is slightly cluttered. Find which items need to go and give the better ones a place to shine

5. Some pale artwork on the walls wold be nice. Choose something tasteful but not impactful or accented 

Hope this helps!

Yate 15d ago
Yate - 15d ago

I also remixed your design and added and subtracted what I thought would make it more practical. You are welcome to look at it. I would post it on here but don't know how. 

Yate 15d ago
RaeCam - 15d ago

you copy and paste the url and post it

RaeCam 15d ago
Yate - 14d ago

Thank you RaeCam! : )

Yate 14d ago
Yate - 14d ago
Yate 14d ago
Yate - 14d ago

There you go!

Yate 14d ago
Isaacarchitect - 14d ago

Ok thanks! i might change mine a little.

I like your remix yate. It’s a little more minamalistic however I spell that

Isaacarchitect - 13d ago

i cant put here design in the contest tho.

Isaacarchitect - 13d ago

lol i just saw that i got 7 votes yay!

RaeCam - 13d ago

lol crazy cat girl 10 you are talking to yourself

RaeCam 13d ago
BenCam13 - 11d ago

hi is there something thats supposed to be on my newsfeed because when i click on it it says Nuttin happenin and a coffee mug??

BenCam13 11d ago
Ellie665 - 11d ago

You aren't following anybody yet when you start following designers.....All of their designs that they comment on, that they like and that they remix will show up in the Newsfeed section.  Hope that helped.

-Ellie  

Ellie665 11d ago
BenCam13 - 11d ago

I am following seven people?

BenCam13 11d ago
Isaacarchitect - 10d ago

no your are following 24 and you have 3 followers including me

RaeCam - 10d ago

lol thanks

RaeCam 10d ago
RaeCam - 10d ago

Prob wondering why I did that

RaeCam 10d ago
RaeCam - 10d ago

So me and Rachel use the same internet account so we have to log out of eachothers accounts and I thought i was on mine

RaeCam 10d ago

Ok 

Ibrahimh - 9d ago
Ibrahimh 9d ago

I already did that you didn't have to do it twice

Ibrahimh - 9d ago

ok sry

Ibrahimh 9d ago

Its all good 

Anyone have any questions?

I wonder what the next contest will be? Any ideas?

Ellie665 - 5d ago

Hopefully not anything more Eclectic and Urban Jungle, I mean I like those contests but we have already done 5 different rooms in both the Eclectic and Urban Jungle. It's getting kind of boring now. I really hope they move on and do something different.    

Ellie665 5d ago
RaeCam - 5d ago

yeah and im not good with electric OR modern they dont really have good pieces for modern

RaeCam 5d ago

Yes I agree!

Back to the top.

SunshineAllie - 1d ago

Kinda weird ig… i've been using roomstyler as a way for me to recover from something in my life , and idk... no one really lets me talk about it...

Well you could make a room that explains how you feel. 

SunshineAllie - 1d ago

I mean... I can but... idk … its very... hard to put in a picture but yet when someone says to explain in words.... I seem to be able to...

Ok well you could just tell us if your comfortable but it's not what site s for.

SunshineAllie - 1d ago

ik.. u just seem so caring and understanding... but idk.. 

i prob know how you feel. 

oops wrong account

OMG Yate i am like really mad right now! This is the 6th time!!!!!

RaeCam - 9h ago

So you use the same computer or web browser

RaeCam 9h ago