Back to ForumBack to top
russ - 5y ago
Links in comments, new way to post
I don't know if anyone has discovered this yet, but there is a new way to insert links into comments. First you have to type a few of your own words to describe what are linking to, like the name of a design or song or page somewhere. Then highlight those words and a black dialogue pop up box will appear above the text. Choose the # symbol and you will be prompted to paste your link there in the space to the left. Finally click the check mark to the right and it will apply that link to the words you typed in. This way we will not have those super long links in our comments.
russ 5y ago
24 replies
russ - 5y ago
I don't think that the old way of simply copying and pasting work anymore.
russ 5y ago
nonehpets - 5y ago
Hmmm - doesn't happen for me Russ ...
nonehpets 5y ago
FRANKHAM - 5y ago
I'm not sure if you are referring to contest comments. But I'm not able to post anything.  I wished to answer the comments already made.
My post was this:-
I used  my vote for the blank screen, not for the reasons put forward, but just to promote  some discussion on certain designs having nothing to do with the brief, & getting votes whereas lots of good designs are being overlooked.Maybe I'm being "bitter & twisted", as I got nil points! After some thought I might put forward another voting system. in the forum.soon.There was no underlying devious reason, just frustration.

I cut & pasted, but I didn't wish to post in the forum yet!
If this has nothing to do with your post please excuse me.
FRANKHAM 5y ago
russ - 5y ago
No, this is just for comments on rooms Frankham and Nonehpets. Some xent me a link to a song and didn't come out as a quick link. So I investigated an found the new tool.
russ 5y ago
I tried but don't think it worked for me.
russ - 5y ago
I saw you try, did you first highlight the OK (what you typed), then choose the # in the black box that appeared above and insert the link in the space, then finally choose the check on the other side of the black box?
russ 5y ago
russ - 5y ago
It's a little complicated but I really miss that quick link function and wish to get this info out there!
russ 5y ago
Thanks Russ I got your link.  I did exactly as you instructed and it didn't work for me.  Now I'm going to start a new discussion since it looks like the like it option has disappeared.  All I see are options linking designs to Facebook, Twitter or a moodboard page. 
Excuse me, it's Pinterest.
russ - 5y ago
Valentina, I was thinking afterwards, did you try to paste from the text in your original comment? Because, evidently when you paste a link there, I think it automatically becomes plain text. When I did it, I went back to the source in the internet and copied a new link of that page.
russ 5y ago
russ - 5y ago
I'm sorry, I got involved elsewhere and didn't get to see your post until now.
russ 5y ago
Maybe that's my problem.  I'll try it again on another design.
yes!!i did found out how to do it.first i did it the other way of paste the link and then wrote something....but i love this function!1
Lackew - 5y ago
doesn't work for me & I know about about html, java & scripts :(
Lackew 5y ago
It shoud be working on google chrome,on computer(because i am using this function on chrome)the rest,like firefox ....i font now???
russ - 5y ago
It works and since it is a function built into this program, I don't think it would matter which browser you use.
russ 5y ago
Lackew - 5y ago
I will try it in Chrome, possibly Evernote is the prob with IE?
Lackew 5y ago
russ - 5y ago
Lackew, also remember that this is only for comments or story line in designs. Not in the forum or contest page. I think they still work the old way of simply copy and paste.
russ 5y ago
Lackew - 5y ago
Thanks Russ! Works fine in Chrome, doesn't give the pop up link box in IE :(  I wanted to post the link to the Panorama.  Even just copy/paste in IE wont let you click on the link at all, altho my Evernote program maybe the culprit (it automatically snatches anything you copy into its database!
Lackew 5y ago
russ - 5y ago
Oh, I have never used Evernote. That sounds sinister! I wonder why the pop up box doesn't work in IE?
russ 5y ago
Lackew - 5y ago
Evernote is great when you work on several devices! Sort of like clipboard It saves everything in 1 place you can access from anything or everywhere. It was one of the 1st cloud programs.
Lackew 5y ago
starsector - 5y ago
Russ, I used your tip above to put a link to my panorama in my storyline.  Once I logged out of my profile, I tested it, and it works great!  thanks for the ideas!
starsector 5y ago
russ - 5y ago
Has anyone else been having trouble with this function lately? For me it has wigged out and stopped working. Every time I highlight words to get the pop up, it blinks on and off so fast, it gives me a no chance to use it!
russ 5y ago
Me too..