Back to ForumBack to top
David - 4y ago
Lighting contest
Hi all,

As you might have noticed we have developed a lighting feature in Roomstyler together with dmLights. dmLights is a Belgium webstore with a very extensive assortment of lights and accessoires. They launched their new website at the beginning of this week and we want to run a couple of (semi-)public contests with the lighting tool just to explore more of its possibilities together with you all!

So let the testing continue! We are still polishing the last tech details out together with dmLights, but at this stage we want to ask you all on the forum to give it a go in the dmLights Roomstyler.

I whipped up an unlisted contest, if you want to participate you need to take the following steps:

- Log out of your main www.roomstyler.com account
- Sign-up for an account at https://www.dmlights.be/register.action (you can use the same email address or use Facebook signup)
- Once the account is active, start designing as usual on: https://www.dmlights.be/homeplanner
- To save your design take a 3D photo of it, it will then be stored in the new dmLights account.
- If you now open www.roomstyler.com again you will see that you are automatically logged in on the dmLights Roomstyler account, which will have a weird and long username, something like: 47ef9697df30416bb0fe20a097984832. Don't change the username or email address, no need to pay attention to it.
- Once you are done and happy with your design you can enter your design in the contest. Make sure you are logged in via dmlights.be and then go to: http://roomstyler.com/contests/1249

Please beware that all the designs made in the dmLights tool are public by default, and that dmLights can remix your rooms and save them to their own profile. They will do this when they think the room design looks nice and is useful to display on their own website. You could consider this as a compliment on your design ;)

If there is any feedback you want to share, please let me know by replying on this forum thread.

Kind regards, David. 
David 4y ago
217 replies
Mandysign84 - 4y ago
Hi David,

Thanks for the update! :)

Will the ones who tested the tool for the last couple of weeks need to sign up for a new account again?

Kind regards,

Mandy
David - 4y ago
Hi Mandy,

Yes unfortunately. At first it was still possible to log in via the branded Roomstyler domain but this was disabled before the go-live of the dmLights website, so all of the accounting goes via dmLights from now on.

Let me know if you stumble upon something that needs our attention.
Kind regards, David.

David 4y ago
Mandysign84 - 4y ago
Hi David,

No problem at all, just wanted to be sure :)

Kind regards,
Mandy

So where is the "Take 3D photo" option? 
Lackew - 4y ago
VPA it is to the side of the Planner at the bottom of preview window, mine reads "Maak 3D Foto"
Lackew 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
I noticed that when I closed the planner I cannot get back to the same room in the DML branded site to make edits :(
Lackew 4y ago
janip - 4y ago
Hi David dm-3D planner dose not let me to upload any photos on the photo tab.

janip 4y ago
Roberta Bela - 4y ago
David eu ja fiz essa conta vou ter que fazer  outra e essa pagina roostyler vai continuar ou  agora só dmlights
Thanks, Lackew.  
janip - 4y ago
Hi I just made a design on dm-planner and i had error 500 to save it,it only saved when i logged back in on my roomstyler profile but it then saves a design on normal function without lights on.
janip 4y ago
David - 4y ago
@Lackew yes, I shall ask dmLights about it next week. Will keep you posted about this.

@Janip I use Google Chrome as a browser and I succeeded in uploading a picture. Could you try and test with Chrome perhaps?

@Roberta Bela The testing account can not be used for using dmLights, if you want to use the lighting tool you need to register for an account on https://www.dmlights.be/en/register.action

David 4y ago
David - 4y ago
FYI: You can switch language in the top-right of the dmLights page, you can switch to English directly if you use this link http://www.dmlights.be/en/
David 4y ago
Happy to see the English language option.  
Do i have to register a new account,ex:pc or i pad(wich you can make an design)or can i make ann account on telephone and leave it there...to tomorrow?
janip - 4y ago
Hi David can someone please investigate  why there is 500 error message on dm3D planner when try saving a room,I have checked that im logged in and my cookies and cache are empty exct exct... I have waisted 2 evenings doing completed design and cant not save it.
 I can save them without lights on to roomstyler but cant edit back to dm-planner.
janip 4y ago
Ok not to worry now I found the way to edit and save its all ok now!
Lackew - 4y ago
Knew you weren't too seasoned VPA ;)  lol
Lackew 4y ago
You're right, Lackew.  I have enough trouble with English - just ask my husband.  
Regarding the dmlights.homestyler site's featured designs, it's a shame that some of the designs are tests, like mine, which are not ready for prime time as they say. I hope they delete them soon.   
nonehpets - 4y ago
The arrow and shortcut keys do not work to move items of camera in the DMLights homeplanner David ... major shortcoming in being able to quickly and perfectly align objects
nonehpets 4y ago
ritsa - 4y ago
I made the mistake and went out the number they gave me .. now, I can not make new project .. Is there a solution?
ritsa 4y ago
But,regarding dmlights.i noticed that i have 10 credits,so where did they come from,from dmlights yoused one off my designs in their site?
ritsa - 4y ago
I hope shortly to incorporate into roomstyler ..
ritsa 4y ago
Hi Maritsa,
You can log back in on the dmLights homeplanner page:
https://www.dmlights.be/homeplanner (at the top right, it says "inloggen")
Make sure you log out of your main Roomstyler account first.
When you've saved your design, you can open a new tab or window and go to Roomstyler.com and you'll be automatically logged in with your new account (with all the letters and numbers ;-))
ritsa - 4y ago
sorry..light doesn't work and I haven't a new account..:-(
ritsa 4y ago
ritsa - 4y ago
and now I cann't doing anything..:-(
ritsa 4y ago
ritsa - 4y ago
when I do lock out in roomstyler Icann't save the room in dmlights

ritsa 4y ago
ritsa - 4y ago
help me please....
ritsa 4y ago
I think it work.. :-) 
yes..it work..I'm Maritsa and thank you..
but from a new page..:-)
new page in roomstyler.. 
if is possoble to have my first accound..... because now i haven't my friendrs and my previous designs..please..
my first page in dmlights..if is possible
dmLights - 4y ago
Hello, 

Thank's for your comments, we hope you like our new lighting feature. 

The tool is available in 4 languages. 

English: https://www.dmlights.com/homeplanner
German: https://www.dmlights.de/homeplanner
French: https://www.dmlights.fr/homeplanner
Dutch: https://www.dmlights.be/homeplanner and/or https://www.dmlights.nl/homeplanner

@janip Tomorrow we will look into the 500 error. 
@Nonehpets Tomorrow we will look into the shortkeys. 

If some test designs shows up in on our discover page, please send me the ID so I will remove them from our pages. 

Please don't hesitate to post your comment or suggestions. 

Have a nice sunday,

Jef 
dmLights 4y ago
Hi!dmlights i must say thank you that you got touched with roomstyler,and the effect is very brilliant! And thank you for putting on off my designs with the feature on you page,i am realy like like there! Keep up with your GOOD work dmlights!
Some issues:

1. there is a dining chair "walnut and brown leather chair" that renders a s a solid grey block and not as a chair (think this is a Roomstyler issue to resolve)

2. Only allowing use of the Take 3D Photo means it is not possible to showcase the changing day/night lighting ... since this is one of the key new features it is a pity to not allow this to be shown off along with how the internal lights can be adjusted to suit.  Also the daytime light slider is either unclear in its function or it dos not work

3. The language keeps resetting itself to the default - I can get it to change to English but then if I go to another page on the site (eg I go from the planner to my profile) it resets to the default - irritating.

i dont care - 4y ago
is it alright to use this feauture in the contest?
David - 4y ago
@Maritsa Gardikli you can logout of the dmLights account on www.roomstyler.com and log back in with your own Roomstyler account, with all the friend connections and original username.

@Nonehpets the hotkeys are going to be fixed with the roll-out of fixes from dmLights, which is planned for tomorrow.

@I Dont Care only when specifically requested for now, the lighting is not available in the main Roomstyler tool yet.
David 4y ago
David - 4y ago
@67d04229d1dd4a49bb4e2440573c8074

1 - I emailed TVRenders about the issue.
2 - Thank you for the feedback, this will be thought over and perhaps changed yes.
3 - Could you describe what webbrowser you are using? (we advice to use Google Chrome) If you are using Chrome and are in Incognito Mode this could cause the behaviour because there are no cookies stored in Incognito Mode.

And for future references, could you include your original Roomstyler username so I know who to address? ;)
David 4y ago
David - 4y ago
@All: tomorrow morning between 07:00 and 09:00 CET dmLights is going to be rolling out new fixes on their website and also the lighting tool. Therefor it could be possible that no rendering is available during this time slot. Please beware of this and save your designs in time!
David 4y ago
thank you David..:-)
lovebug9426 - 4y ago
Hey. I can't figure out how to save my room on dmLights. I click the button to take a 3d photo, then it tells me to log in. So when I do, it just closes the log in box, and does nothing.
Hi David,
My Dmlights rooms aren't rendering since yesterday in the evening.
Thanks,
Nenaa

Hi!nenaa off you scrool a bit up,then you can see that David nows that!
Hi David,
I do log in on the DMLights site and open the planner, building the room and when I record with foto3D button the system saves the room as it appears here in RoomStyler but does not render the room or appears in the DMLights site and it is already happen 2 days.
Please can you see what's going on?
I am also not receiving emails from photos of the rooms, nor from the newsfeed and I did not change anything here, just put my profile photo.
Thanks
marija1706 - 4y ago
I have a problem with the design when the design work , I do not see that the light is on . can someone please tell me how can I do that the light can be seen . sorry for my bad english. Thank you
marija1706 4y ago
@825vks78 AGAIN.....David mollet nows that,and he have warned you about off it,if you scrool a bit up..... @marija1706 you ned to log out off roomstyler and registera new account in sdmlights,further instructions is on the top off this page.
NikolaiR6971, the message that David left here for all of us is:

"tomorrow morning between 07:00 and 09:00 CET dmLights is going to be rolling out new fixes on their website and also the lighting tool. Therefor it could be possible that no rendering is available during this time slot. Please beware of this and save your designs in time!"

What I have reported is about other problems I have and my rooms wont render about 2 days before this today changes.

Mmmmm OK...understand!
dmLights - 4y ago
Hello,

A small status update. 

We did the release this morning at 08:00 this morning (Central EU time). The 500 errors should be fixed and the short keys are back. The short keys are only available when you're with the mouse in the roomstyler work area. In our header they don't work.  We will look into the render problem tomorrow, the renders do exists but some (not all) don't connect to the account. Normally we can reconnect them to your account. I keep you posted on this issue tomorrow. 

We plan to realease a new fix version in 2 weeks, we will add a save button and fix the render problem. 

The light feature only works via http://www.dmlights.com/homeplanner more info you can find here http://www.dmlights.com/help/homeplanner/ and for the lighting section : http://www.dmlights.com/help/homeplanner/how-can-i-change-the-lighting-settings/   

Jef
dmLights 4y ago
@Jef DmLights, I did not have any problems before today,only at today afternoon rooms has stopped rendering.
Thank you advance Janip!
Since yesterday I can not see my designs of dmlights in 3D..is there a problem?
Lackew - 4y ago
If you check here often for updates you will see that there were doing server updates/upgrades Maritska!
Lackew 4y ago
thank you Lackew
Thanks, dmlights Jef, 
Is it possible to have a delete option on the page "My 3D home designs" so each user could delete room tests?
Thanks

Tia Nono
dmLights - 4y ago
Hello,

In the future we will make it possible to delete rooms or to make them private. First we try to bring back the save option. 

Are all the renders back in the accounts? We recovered several renders and put them back into the accounts.

Jef

dmLights 4y ago
Yes, they're rendering again now.
Thanks!
Barbara
Yes Jef, they are rendering now.
Thanks
Tia Nono

David - 4y ago
Hi all,

After the planned maintenance of dmLights we had a short outage on the rendering. Everything should be back on track again. If there is something not working for you, let us know!

David 4y ago
Nufra - 4y ago
Ci dispiace, ma non riesco ancora a utilizzare il nuovo sito. Ho creato un account con lo stesso roomstyler e-mail, ma quando provo a salvare il disegno apre la tabella di login, e non succede nulla. Potete aiutarmi? Grazie
Nufra 4y ago
janip - 4y ago
Hi My yesterdays room/rooms has rendered fine.
thank you:)

janip 4y ago
Seems to working just fine.  Valentina Penta
David - 4y ago
We've got a second contest running now!

Create an awesome industrial loft with spectacular and spheric lighting http://roomstyler.com/contests/1250
David 4y ago
Hi David.  I'd love to enter my dmlights' Loft design but I can't.  When I go to submit it, I'm told it's a remix.  True, it is a remix but I'm the only one who remixed it in an effort to get the lighting right since we don't have an option to save on the dmlights site.  Understand contests have been programmed not to accept remixes for all the obvious reasons but must it apply for this contest considering the circumstances?   Really don't want to re-create it again. Any suggestions? 
Hi David my last nights design has rendered on new roomstyler account but not on dmlights account connection seems to be broken some how.
thanx advance
Janip
David - 4y ago
@Valentinapenta: I understand what you mean, but unfortunately there is no possibility to enter a remix of a room in a contest. It is hard coded in our system that this is not possible. 

@Janip: I see six rooms in your dmLights account and they all got nicely rendered with lights enabled. If there are other rooms which are not rendering properly, could you email me the room URLs?
David 4y ago
That's a bummer, David.  
David - 4y ago
@Valentinapenta: Yes I know, but there is no (technical) way we can make an exception. Hope you will make other great designs with the lighting features!
David 4y ago
David, the link above takes you to the loft contest not a bedroom one. 
David - 4y ago
We have got three contests running now. 
All three contests will end on Friday 22 May.

New one: Design a luxurious bedroom with a spheric lighting plan. http://roomstyler.com/contests/1252

Create an awesome industrial loft with spectacular and spheric lighting http://roomstyler.com/contests/1250

Create a classy dining room with the new dmLights tool! http://roomstyler.com/contests/1249

Enjoy designing! 
David 4y ago
janip - 4y ago
I hroomstyler.com/rooms/9421645/spring-living-roomave 500 error coming up again when i try saving a room on dmlights planner.

janip 4y ago
janip - 4y ago
roomstyler.com/rooms/9421645/spring-living-room

Here is the room which did not show up to dmlights account.

janip 4y ago
janip - 4y ago
oh here is the link David for the room which did not render for dmlights account.

ps. don't know what happen above, what a mess of text there. LOL !
janip 4y ago
janip - 4y ago

Hi David here is another design I made tonight and dose not appear to dmlights account.
janip 4y ago
dmLights - 4y ago
Hello Nina,

Can you check again? We loose connection with the renders sometimes, a fix via "an retry script' will be launched in our next release around 19/05.

Until the new release we will do this by hand, please send issues via this discussion.

Jef

dmLights 4y ago
i cant login.[ to this account http://roomstyler.com/users/982918  ....it is mine...
Hello! dmlights doesn't work on me,I can't open tools window also I can't see the contest dmlights any more.
janip - 4y ago
Hi Jef just checked my 2 newest designs are now rendered on dm- account
any other issues I let you know.

Thank you
Nina/Janip

janip 4y ago
brdybnch0401 - 4y ago
I like the lights, but hope that there are still more improvements to be made along the way.  I don't see any way to edit a room and remixes aren't allowed for contests.  I don't know about everyone else but sometimes a design can take me a few days, and I like to leave and come back to it at a later time.  But from what I can tell once you close out the only option you have is to remix.

I also hope that at some point maybe both accounts can be merged so that we can enter contests under our original IDs and not the DMLights
Tip:if you wana see a design just paste dmlights before roomstyler,then it will be dmlights.roomstyler...it will still not acsept in the contest...but still it is fun to seee
Hi Jef, I remixed one of my own designs yesterday,but when it renders it dose not show the changes made to the room,it just stays same as it was originally?  
Hi Jef @DMLights   I have several rooms that does not show up in my DML account.  I think they are the 1st couple of rooms I created.

Hi Jef
Here is the another room on  dmlights account, failed to render.

Thank you advance
Nina/Janip

dmLights - 4y ago
@nikolaiR6971 I look into the account issues tomorrow.
@Janip Your room is on your account now.
@Dcd20511 ... Your 3 rooms are in the account now.

We will bring back the save option so you don't need to remix every time. 

We have noticed some off you cannot remix easy, the save option will make it easy to use. You can clear your cookies and hit CTRL+F5 in your account to see the most recent designs. We're working on a fix for remixing.

When you miss a design send me a message, I will attach them to your account. A fix (also for older designs) will be released next week.
JEF

dmLights 4y ago
@dmlights,just forget this it is fixed,but i have just not change the password,and it said incorrect,and then i struglet to log in with the new password,but i finally loged in!so all things is alright!
dmLights - 4y ago
@NikolaiR6971 ok thx! 
dmLights 4y ago
I am seeding,that the DMlights uuser name have changes,so is it possible now to change name?
Vincentvg - 4y ago
@NikolaiR6971 Sorry, no it isn't. I've changed the username's to a more readable format which doesn't break the layout.
Vincentvg 4y ago
OK thx!
Hello,

Save and load functions are back!

Jef 

Lackew - 4y ago
Glad to see the DMLights User name! Now others will know its a test acct & not think some1 is remixing (copying) rooms without making any changes to the design, lol!
Lackew 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
Able to log into DML website, created a room was able to save! But now Cannot log into that test account to enter the room in the DML Contest! :(
Lackew 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
I even changed my password in DML but still cannot log into the test account because we I used the same email addy as the main acct.  I deleted all saved passwords in browser with no effect! Help! lol
Lackew 4y ago
janip - 4y ago
Hi Jef I can't see my latest design on my account yet (the link above,goldie-living-room)  by DMLights-user-982019

Thanx advance
janip 4y ago
Rebooted my PC & all is OK again!
Illuminati - 4y ago
VincentVG why has the original test account been changed rather than the one created from logging into the new DMLights planner and then back in here?  My test account had a good name which has been removed ... and on that topic what happened to the points promised to the original testers (David's e-mail invited testers)?
Illuminati 4y ago

Hi Jef here is another two rooms which has not rendered to my DMLights account, the problem seems to be occasional when I save my room sometimes it automatically logs me out and I need to log back in to see my profile, maybe that has something to do with a final rendering?
Thank you advance
Nina/Janip

@DMLights-User-969453  I reminded David about the 25 credits promised for the testing and also the additional 25 for each design featured in the dmLights' launch. I've received 50 so far with 25 still pending.  I wanted to purchase some custom items with the credits earned but found out that option has been
eliminated:(   Here's the link to the forum discussion http://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/6875  It goes back 12 days ago.
Illuminati - 4y ago
Thanks Valentinapenta; I saw that thread and waited patiently for my 25 points to appear - but so far resounding silence!  I didn't take part to get the credits but nevertheless they were stated and they should be awarded without us having to ask - there is no excuse since I e-mailed feedback to David a couple of times and gave him both my original and created for the test screennames.
Illuminati 4y ago
JeroenBekkers - 4y ago
David is on a short break but we will make sure the credits are properly gifted in the coming days. Sorry for the delay!
Thanks, Jeroen.  Btw, why did you eliminate the custom item purchase option?  
Hello Jef @DMLights there are other rooms that do not show in my DML account ......
The prob maybe I used dml.com instead of dml.be to create these rooms as well as the dml.com is where I could not log in yesterday & again today.  But once I log into dmlights.be   I am auto logged into that profile in roomstyler without any probs! 

JeroenBekkers - 4y ago
@valentinapenta  We felt we had troubles delivering the small sets of new items reliable on time.  Therefor we decided to remove it as a paid feature. That does not mean you cannot suggest new items for us to create. We'll gladly take on any requests by the community to add items to our to-do list free of charge.  

But,that Davidtaking a break,that will explain why the contest are so long...
Ania Daliva - 4y ago
i love the new light effect.. and i want to see it in roomstyler too.. because its hard to just leave your original profile just to be able to create new account with so cool light effect... pls pls roomstyler marge our account with the dmlight or how ever you call it here is why
my design on dmlights

you can see the light effect differences but not only that dmlights do not show the real water effect and room styler do not show paint color black at the ceiling as it should be..its fading
pls merge our accounts so that if we create something on dmlights it will show on our original account ty
Thanks, Jeroen.  That's really nice of all of you to take requests!
Hi Jeroen and Daniele!  I'd like to suggest a new item for you to create if possible. It's a 4 door glass front cabinet in an antiqued graphite finish.  It would be wonderful if the contents of the case were included.  Here's a link with a photo and dimensions and finish.  https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod2580068
Hope you'll consider it.  Thanks.
the homeplanner would not open,but i will report iff it will be fix;)
when you open you get a paper with the bad face:(

but when i go by the link david,it funks but,it willjust render black 

but what i think is very unair is that,to roomstylers users ho got dmlights user,using dml to enter to the regulat contest(underwater house,fresh living room)
Lackew - 4y ago
Has any1 noticed the colors are MORE vivid in DML Rooms???? I don't know why that is but even without lights the renders crisper even! LUV IT!
Lackew 4y ago
janip - 4y ago
Hey Lackew I notes that as well and love the crispy rendering effect, I think because image on DML is smaller and there is no filtering over it like Roomstyler has,before the Roomstyler changed the huge image they rendering result where crispy as well.
This is the reason why I hd-rendering all my designs which I like showing public.
janip 4y ago
I have designed a room in dmlights and saved the room, but when I log back into roomstyler it does not show me to be still logged into dmlights like the instructions above state and my room is not in roomstyler. Is there something else I need to be doing?
nonehpets - 4y ago
Don't log back into Roomstyler - just open a new window/tab of roomstyler and you will be automatically in your special DMLights version
nonehpets 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
Hopefully RS Tech will removed the DMLight created room entries from the regular contest?!!  There are several in the Underwater House & Fresh Living Contests ;(
Lackew 4y ago
Illuminati - 4y ago
Why? everyone is able to create DMLights rooms so it is a level playing field ...
Illuminati 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
Also @Janip I don't think the render size really effects the colors being much more vivid & brighter, so whatever DMLights has done I hope Roomstyler will follow suite!!!!
Lackew 4y ago
Theadora - 4y ago
@ DMLights-User-969453

It won't be a level playing field as long as extra steps need to be taken to create DMLights rooms. Extra steps that some people might have a problem with understanding - not everyone is computer savvy and/or understands English.
Theadora 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
@DMLights-User-969453 there are Separate contests for the DML rooms for a Reason!   Until DML is released to every1 the DML tab will not be in Roomplanner like what was done for the Better Living contest!  Also it was asked here in this forum about the contests thus we have to keep in mind that DML is for Testing at this point! And as Theadora said including many do not know about the forums or about creating a DML test account.
Lackew 4y ago
@DML Jef, I have 3 failed renders on DML account if you please could recover them for me.
Thank you advance

Lackew - 4y ago
Jef @DML seems to be on vacation also lolol
Lackew 4y ago
I'd like to make a suggestion for the dmLights' 3d planner.  Is it possible to add more table lamps to the planner?  I noticed there are 782 products for sale but the planner only has a handful available.  Adding a few more would certainly be nice.   
Lackew - 4y ago
Thank You maritsa gardikli for withdrawing your DML room form the regular contest!
Lackew 4y ago
ritsa - 4y ago
I thank you..:-)
ritsa 4y ago
I did a room but it is rendering with the who picture just blue. There is nothing else.

thank you

It appears you have the camera in the wall so it's not able to capture a view. 
I tried to follow what you said but I did not see any number and this account has my name in it, not a number. May you please delete it so I can start again? 
Hmm I really have a number, but I have a test room there and as I could not see the camera I did it all blind. May you delete this room pls? 
http://www.dmlights.be/homeplanner/detail/9519078

ps: I deleted the room (above) from roomstyler and now I can't remix it from dmlights anymore
You are doing all right,it is just that the homeplanner doesnt work.it doesnt work fir me to..
Oh my gosh. Thank you. The back of the camera was just touching the wall.  The room was visible in the 2 d window the whole time so I didnt know it was touching the wall that much. LOL thanks for your help.
Received over 100 notifications from dmlights today!  What's going on? 
Me too!but i think they are uptdating the dml siste,and they have to render all again...
ritsa - 4y ago

me too..
ritsa 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
Ditto and I have a room that has not rendered in 2 days ;( http://dmlights.roomstyler.com/rooms/9513147/creamed-peaches-bedroom
Lackew 4y ago
Dear all,

We are currently going through some updates on our website, which may cause some problems for you guys.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that we are doing all we can to fix this, should be fixed by tomorrow morning.

Kind regards,

Steven
janip - 4y ago
Hi Steven thank you for the update!
janip 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
Thanks Steven @DMLights my room has rendered! ;)
Lackew 4y ago
Hi all,

All known problems should be solved. If you're still experiencing troubles, please let us know.

We are now working on getting your designs online, they should be visible by tomorrow. You can find them here: http://www.dmlights.com/homeplanner/discover

Happy designing,

Steven

LucretiaC - 4y ago
Hey Steven & Jef @DMLights, I cannot access my room pages after I log in. Yesterday I landed on an Error page, but this morn no page but his message 'An internal server error occurred. Please try again later.' from   https://www.dmlights.com/mydmlights/mydesigns.action
LucretiaC 4y ago
I received an error message when I tried to edit my rooms.  
David - 4y ago
Hi all!

I just wanted to let you know that for now, besides the specific dmLights contests, we don't allow designs with the new lighting feature to be entered in any other public contests. Mostly because they instantly look more impressive than the "normal" designs and that would be unfair competition. We hope you will understand, and don't forget that eventually the lighting feature will be available for everybody.

Kind regards, David.

David 4y ago
I dont understand why so many are testing but very few are entering the DNL contest? :(
Also the Featured rooms in DML link Steven posted are not showing!
That's correct. As I said in my previous reply, they will be on tomorrow ;)
@Stevendmlights  Will there be a way to delete designs from my account or at least make then private?    
Steven  Here's an example of a test room I'd like to delete or make private http://www.dmlights.com/homeplanner/detail/003594.  
@Steven dmlights I still have 3 rooms waiting to render I posted the links above 3 days ago.
Thank you advance

and i am missing emails about the finnish hd render....and to me they are important and they are not showing on the dml user..
BTW, who's judging the contest? 
Will it be possible in the future to CHOOSE whether or not to use the new lighting feature in one's designs?  

Rooms in which it's bright daylight 'outside' look really wrong/odd when all of the floor, table and ceiling lights are 'turned on'. (In a room that's absolutely flooded with sunlight, who would have all of the light fixtures on?) However, this bright, sunny room would look strange/incomplete with zero lighting fixtures in it.  

Also, in my opinion the new lighting feature doesn't necessarily improve rooms; I think the bright spots produced on walls and floors can distract and detract from the design.  It sounds like the new lighting is here to stay, but I really hope it'll be possible in the future to use lights that don't 'light up'...
Hi Steven,

A lot of rooms are now visible on http://www.dmlights.com/homeplanner/discover 
I was just wondering how you choose the designs that get uploaded to this page; what are the criteria?
Thank you!
@DMLights-user-982019 Could you make a small change in those designs and render them again? We've experienced some troubles last week, but they should be fixed now.

@DMLights-user-981894 and Valentinapenta, these options will be included in one of our following releases.

@bright side of life, you can switch of the light under general lighting settings. You can find them behind the bulb icon.

@DMLights-user-981791, the main criteria are:
1) All rooms should have lighting, the fixtures don't necessarily need to be lit.
2) All fixtures should be dmlights fixtures.
3) Rooms can't be too dark or too bright, you should be able to see the elements in the room clearly. This doesn't mean you can't dim the lights or use a night setting.
4) Duplicate rooms will only be published once. Otherwise some rooms are shown twenty times.
5) We don't publish test rooms. We've removed them on demand of some of our users. If your room is finished, make sure to rename it.

Hope this clears up some isssues. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for your quick reply, Steven!
So, if our designs meet the above criteria, they will be published?
It's just that I found only 2 of my designs (or maybe I've overlooked them... :)), so would you be able to tell me what I need to change/improve to the other ones to get them published?
(If you can only publish a limited amount of designs, and the other ones are just "better", I'd understand of course!)
Could you please tell me the names of your designs? I'll look into it and publish them if they're not online already.

I had to go through a ton of designs and had some minor issues along the way. So, it's quite possible that some designs that do meet the requirements have been declined for no good reason.

I'll try to fix this as soon as possible.
They seem to live up to all the standards, but I can't recall coming across these rooms. I'll go through the designs again and I'll put them online when I see them.
Lackew - 4y ago
Hi Steven@DMLights  there are still rooms that do not show in my profile......
for users/981898  thank you 
Lackew 4y ago
@Lackew and DMLights-user-981791, we've attached the rooms to your account. Now they should be visible for me in the 3DHomeplanner Manager as well. I'll try to add your designs to our site by tomorrow!

Keep up the great work ;)
@ Steven Dmlights, all 3 designs are in my account now.
But my rooms dose not seem to render at all lately, here is another one even a re-rendering didn't work

Oh not to worry it has just rendered!
Janip :) /user 982019
The IT department told me there was something wrong with the sophisticated room. Can't tell what the problem is, experienced the same two weeks ago with a room I'd created myself.

Maybe this is something for David?
Thank you Steven@DMLights    ...also there is a room featured that is not finished      as is its a duplicate until I complete the living room that will have a view of the dining room
There is a camera preview down at the moment on Dml-planner.
Thanx advance Janip :)
David - 4y ago
Hi all! 

As you might have read in the other thread http://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/7317 we are having some network problems. We are working very hard to solve them as soon as possible.

I will keep you posted when the preview render is working again.
David 4y ago
Thank you David :)

David - 4y ago
Hi all,

Valentin fixed the issue and the preview is available again!
Thank you for your patience.

David 4y ago
Hi David!  Since the contests' deadline is tomorrow, I was just wondering who's judging the contests?
Lackew - 4y ago
Hi @
Lackew 4y ago
Oi Steven Dmlights
Poderiam apagar estas salas que aparecem na minha página "3D home designs" por favor?

www.dmlights.com/homeplanner/detail/003077
www.dmlights.com/homeplanner/detail/003078
www.dmlights.com/homeplanner/detail/004124
www.dmlights.com/homeplanner/detail/004162

Além disso estão a aparecer várias versões da mesma sala sempre que eu faço uma nova foto 3D da sala em que estou a trabalhar, algo que não ocorria antes.
Deve ser algum bug.

Tenho salas que aparecem aqui no RoomStyler e não aparecem na página da DMLights, poderiam integrar lá por favor?
 aparece aqui no RoomStyler com um bom 3D, mas na página da DMLights não aparece a foto 3D só em 2D e a sala também está repetida.

Muito obrigada
Cláudia Correia
Hi Cláudia,

I don't speak Portuguese, but from what I understand, you're asking us to delete 3d designs. This is not possible yet, we're working on that.

On your other question, I'll go through the designs again today as it seems there were a large number missing when I first reviewed them.

I'm really sorry if I'm not properly responding to your question, but I had to use Google Translate, which is not ideal....

Greetings,

Steven
AgnesDS - 4y ago
Hello all,I have read the thread and understood a little bit... I have a few questions, can somebody help me out, plz? > if I create the dmlights account - can I use the light feature for my sole purposes (I mean not entering competitions)> can I use the dmlights feature in my current roomstyler designs> I have read above that opening a dmlights acc will merge with my current Roomstyler acc. Will I not loose my current work?Thank youBest RegardsAgnes
AgnesDS 4y ago
Okay Steven Dmlights
Muito obrigada pela resposta.
RedVelvet21 - 4y ago
Hey, I can't open the link https://www.dmlights.be/register.action :(
it says the site can't be trusted and won't open it :/
Is there a reason why or is it just my browser?
Any other way I can sign up for dmLights?

Thank you!
V x

Lackew - 4y ago
@AgnesDS the DMLight tool does not work in the regular accounts nor is there a tab in the Roomplanner for those lights. The testing account will not effect your regular acct.

@DavidMollet  now that the contests is over should I start mourning because the testing is over?
Lackew 4y ago
dmLights - 4y ago
@redvelvet21 Please try again. Should be working now!
dmLights 4y ago
RedVelvet21 - 4y ago
@DMLights-user-942382 still not working :/
V x
@Redvelvet21 have you tried using a different browser?
RedVelvet21 - 4y ago
@DMLights-user-981898 I have but all of them say that the site can't be trusted and won't open it :( x
v x
RedVelvet21 - 4y ago
Says "www.dmlights.be uses an invalid security certificate." :( and that "The certificate expired on 1/04/2015 12:59 p.m." :(

dmLights - 4y ago
@redvelvet21 can you clear your browser cache? We had some problems in South-East Asia and Australia with the security certificate. We have fixed the issue on Saturday and I've tested it. 

If clearing browser cache doesn't fix it, please send me your location and browser type or use www.dmlights.nl/en

Jef

dmLights 4y ago
ritsa - 4y ago
please look my post "problem"
ritsa 4y ago
David - 4y ago
Hi Maritsa Gardikli, what do you mean exactly with your post problem?
David 4y ago
discussion "problem" ..now it is ok.. thank you
1 question,when this feauture will be relased on roomstyler ca,1 july?what would you do with the HD 4k renders,i suppose it will be diffucult bit what would you do with them!
Great to see a few New Lights! Hoping this means I wont have to go into mourning after all? ;)
@Steven DmLights  Thanks for adding some new lights.  Also, I'd like to refer you to this forum post http://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/7314 regarding day/night settings.  Being that the general light settings' slider goes from 0 to 100, will you please tell us what setting you would suggest for an optimum night view?  
I just made a design (dark wood), I used 20% day light with night time scenery and it came up quite nicely.
Your design did come out nicely.  I just tried to adjust the slider but the % indicator isn't working for me.  
Lackew - 4y ago
OMG it is Great that we don't have to wait almost an hour for the renders!!!!!!!!!!! As of 8pm EST they are within 5 minutes.  Fantastic Job Roomstyler & DMLights!
Lackew 4y ago
RedVelvet21 - 4y ago
Dear Jeff,
I cleared my cache and I tried the link again and it still won't let me through. I also tried the new website you linked me with and that website won't let me create 3D photos even though I have made an account and changes languages randomly.

V x
Lackew - 4y ago
I think some rooms don't show in the DML test accts because they are remixes.  Only the rooms that I create in DML is automatically populated into my test acct.  Remixed rooms from my RS main acct will have to be added manually.

Since the renderings in DML take some time, I started creating them in RS then remixing to test DML acct to add the lighting after the design is complete.
Lackew 4y ago
dmLights - 4y ago
@lackew, do you stall have long render time?
@RedVelvet21, please try again. We had on 1 server still an old certificate. 
dmLights 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
The render times vary from the fastest last week of less than 5 minutes, but yesterday it took 4 hours for one design.
Lackew 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
Ok checking the time & after I created a room it has now been 1 hour & still waiting on rendering :(  Earlier today it took 15-30 minutes!  Possibly the 1st render of a room takes longer than the follow ups/rerenders?
Lackew 4y ago
dmLights - 4y ago
I don't know, will check with roomstyler tomorrow. When we receive lot's of requests the rendering time gets longer. 
dmLights 4y ago
@Lackew thats odd, I just finished one room and it rendered in 10 minutes all tho I finish my rooms at ones now and don't remix for any changes because my few very first ones never rendered if any changes where made and I didn't want to continuously send the link here to get it done manually. So I think the rendering link has a problem with a remixes and therefore effect final rendering.
dmLights - 4y ago
@user-982019 Can you retry the remix feature because I think we fixed this one also. There was a caching issue... . 
dmLights 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
Possibly its the complexity. My current project is actually a series of rooms of a real floorplan. So I will try turning off the lights that are not actually in the camera view. I don't want to delete them because I want to do a panorama of the entire 1st floor after I have finished bldg all the rooms.
BTW I have a missing 50" Sony LCD TV in DMLs. In RS it comes up 1st in a search but in DML almost 1000 items comes up and it is not among them. Any recommendations on how to find it????  thanx in advance
Lackew 4y ago
Ah ok I will try, thank you for all the effort you guys but in to!
Janip
is there a problem wiht 3D in DML???
Yes!
janip - 4y ago
@user-982928 Only I notes that some of the products dose not load but is the same on roomstyler, team mite be working on background some updates.
janip 4y ago
thank you.. Maritsa
Lackew - 4y ago
Will there be more DML Contests????
Lackew 4y ago
David - 4y ago
Hi Lackew, yes soon there will be some new ones, this week or next week. I will let you all know.
David 4y ago
Lackew - 4y ago
Fantastic! Thanx
Lackew 4y ago
Magneeto - 4y ago
um, I'm not able to use DmLights, for some reason it says;

"Your connection is not private......Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.dmlights.be (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)."
:(
Magneeto 4y ago
dmLights - 4y ago
Hello, can you please send me a screenshot and your location (country) to info@dmlights.be ?  Perhaps also the browser name...

thx, Jef
dmLights 4y ago
nonehpets - 4y ago
SandeepK are you using a wifi hotspot (public internet access) and google chrome? if so try a different browser [I get this message sometimes on my mobile when using public wifi]
nonehpets 4y ago
how is it going with the lighting feuature,roomstyler?"david?
and when do you think you are finnish?

can we import designs made on roomstyler to dmlight after we make an account on the latter?
Lackew - 3y ago
@Thefairyknight, Yes you can remix any room in the DML acct but will show the original to indicate the remix. If you remix a room from DML featured page it will not show that it is a remix.
Lackew 3y ago
Our website is currently offline for maintenance. We expect to be back online in an hour or two.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
is dmlights,site offline ,for what?
Lackew - 3y ago
Today the 3DPlanner board is in an IFrame (small plane) so the Decorate Ceiling box is off grid & cannot be accessed :(
Lackew 3y ago