Back to ForumBack to top
tutorialmaker - 2y ago
New sloped roof items
Today we added some extra sloping ceilings. So now we also have steep and less steep roof items, next to the 45º set we added some weeks ago. Here's the collection 5lbiqskzfwbqj ws
Find them in the architecture category in special purpose structures, do a search on ceiling. have fun!

21 replies
starsector - 2y ago
Awesome!
starsector 2y ago
Thanks so much!
MandyB84 - 2y ago
Fantastic!!! Love the ceiling window!
MandyB84 2y ago
Nufra - 2y ago
Thanks !!!
Nufra 2y ago
123Anna - 2y ago
How do you do it though 
123Anna 2y ago
tutorialmaker - 2y ago
jeni0308 - 2y ago
I am trying to reproduce our plan of our house which is being built Australia. The living kitchen area is one large room. 9.85m long, 6m wide, it has a sloped roof and ceiling.  How can I recreate the sloped ceiling in roomstyler when the height of back wall is 2.6m and the front wall is 3.4m? I tried to work with the ceiling blocks (thanks for the tutorial), but I can’t work out how to make them go the full length of the room 9.85m. Thank you Jeni
jeni0308 2y ago
Earvette - 2y ago
Did you try to adjust height of wall?
Earvette 2y ago
tutorialmaker - 2y ago
Unfortunately the roof elements have a fixed slope, so you can't create any roof angle that you would like. it's either 45º or 2:1 (26.5º) or 1:2 (63.5º).
jeni0308 - 2y ago
Yes I tried that, but it lowers both front and back wall to the same height. It seems the software assumes the walls of a room are all the same height. Thanks for the suggestion.
jeni0308 2y ago
tutorialmaker - 2y ago
Yesterday we added a whole series of roof windows that can be combined with the sloped roof items. I collected them in this design. See how you can use an opening element in the wall behind the window to get light entering the window and avoid seeing the wall or ceiling behind it. Hope you enjoy them! My1qlbopbmz tbbv

pachecosilv - 2y ago
These isa so great!!! thnaks , gracias :
Earvette - 2y ago
Jeni0308: I thought maybe you could use a detached wall and panel door, which you can adjust as you need.
Earvette 2y ago
tutorialmaker - 2y ago
Okay, some more items for sloping ceilings: Corner elements. These can be combined with the other sloping ceiling blocks if you have 2 roofs coming together at a corner. Xyhy4u1vpe7ir4hp 
Tatts Te Mohi - 2y ago
these are amazing 
Daisy320 - 2y ago
i am using the sloped window item and all i can see through the window is the wall...how do i get scenery to show through those windows? 
Daisy320 2y ago
tutorialmaker - 2y ago
Use a frameless door element and adjust the height and width to the maximum that still hides behind the roof element.
Daisy320 - 2y ago
thanks... :) 

Daisy320 2y ago
Hope this makes sense. Because the windows are not a fully squared off as the sloped ceilings are, then it is possible to see behind them, thus making it look like a gaping hole behind the sloped window.  Would it be possible to also square off the sloped windows so that you could use it without seeing behind it?
dawnalee27 - 1 month ago

How do you create a two story house?

dawnalee27 1 month ago
Madge2017 - 1 month ago

Hi, dawnalee...  As far as I know, you cannot make an actual second story.  You can, however, create the illusion of a second story.  If you post your question as a new discussion, I am sure someone can help you.  A lot of "experts" might miss it if they are not interested in the sloping ceilings topic here.

Madge2017 1 month ago