Back to ForumBack to top
How do you add a second floor

I'm new on this program and i need a second floor for rooms and second living space. 

8 replies
bgref - 3y ago

Hi 

bgref 3y ago
bgref - 3y ago
bgref 3y ago
bgref - 3y ago

Just remix it and see what i used. I used pedestals but you can do some of your own discovery if you'd like

bgref 3y ago

I am still confused do you just start buliing on the roof

starsector - 3y ago

Hi Cheyenne, it's not possible to literally build a second floor with this program.  However, many items have been provided so that members can create the 'illusion' of a second floor, most of which are in the Architecture tab.  They can be very complicated techniques, and not really for beginners.

The best advice is to use the 'Remix' button to open a design that seems to have a second floor.  Poke around with your cursor to learn items and techniques.  The Remix button is located at the 3 dots in the lower right hand corner or someone else's design (your own designs have other options at the 3 dots).  But don't worry, it only opens a copy.  You cannot affect the original.  Just keep any copies you save Private on your profile.  Hope this helps a little :)

starsector 3y ago
bgref - 3y ago

Yes that's more accurate, Starsector than mine

bgref 3y ago
mhafeez02 - 11d ago

How do you make it look like the stairs are going down on a floor instead of up? 

mhafeez02 11d ago
starsector - 8h ago

Hi mhafeez, we can't actually go down below the floor level on this program.  But a workaround or illusion would be to actually elevate a floor of some kind using pedestals covered with rugs or decking, place stairs going from the real floor to the elevated floor, then raise your camera elevation up so that what you see is the stairs going down from the elevated floor to the real floor.

starsector 8h ago