Back to ForumBack to top
TV Renders - over 1y ago
IRAY / PHOTOREALISTIC HD

We just released the iray/photorealistic renderings to Roomstyler. If you have created a room you can upgrade it to a Photorealistic HD for 3 credits. FYI these renderings are quite heavy to render on our servers but we did not want the price for this to be too high therefore we settled for 3 credits. We understand that not every render will create optimal results in the first try so we added the option to re-render a room up to 3 times so you can play around with light settings without spending extra credits.

In the next weeks we will be fine-tuning this feature further so let us know if you run into problems or think of things to improve this.

For the users that do not have any credits at this moment and would like to test this feature, please leave a comment in this thread and we'll add a few test-credits to your account.

A last word regarding contests: Up until now it was not possible to enter photorealistic rooms (via DM lights) to our contests but as this is now a general feature we will lift this restriction soon. To compensate for the fact that in time you probably would need a Photorealistic render to compete, we will make that the top entries of a contest will "win" credits so they can light up more rooms without the direct need of spending money on credits. We will keep you up-to-date when this will be launched.

For now enjoy testing this new feature and we cannot wait to see the images you will creating with this.

I would also like to add something for those who have never used the new light settings (which were already available in DMLIGHTS tool).

When you select a lamp you will see new switch and intensity slider in the left hand panel. Those setting will be ignored for normal render, so if you are not planning to render in IRAY (PHOTOREALISTIC HD) do not waste time tweaking them.

Furthermore, you can now also change intensity of the sun (from day to night).

Regarding the sun direction instead (this will also affect usual render), the default now is 'Northeast/High", that is currently relative to the camera position and soon this will be changed to be relative to screen (top of screen = NORTH). 

TV Renders over 1y ago
303 replies
Ania Daliva - over 1y ago

Thumbs Up to Roomstyler Team!!! thank you

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
TV Renders - over 1y ago

BTW, position of the sun is now relative to screen (no longer camera). That means that NORTH is the top of the screen. 

Stay tuned as changes seems to happen quite quickly :)

Have fun testing

TV Renders over 1y ago
laughterlines - over 1y ago

Thank you Roomstyler!! As I never could get DMLights to work, this is unbelievably exciting! (And thanks for fixing that weird sun position thing- much more user friendly now) Three cheers for the Roomstyler team!

laughterlines over 1y ago
DMLights-user-1037168 - over 1y ago

Laughterlinescs:  You`re right, this sun posistion was a very strange thing. Now saved rooms will look more realistic, It`s the best thing roomstyler team could give us, so thank you very much. I`ve just checked it out and I`m very satisfied with the result.

Theadora - over 1y ago

The lights are not on in the thumbnail.

Theadora over 1y ago
marinmarin - over 1y ago

Hi! I don't have credits, when i have my 3d photo i can't see the lights on... :(

marinmarin over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago
Awesomeness!  Haven't tried Iray yet, but having the sun position relative to the screen is so much more intuitive, and I'm busy playing with the day/night toggles!  We Love Roomstyler!!
starsector over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago
Opps, does the day/night toggles only work in Iray?  I'm not seeing a change in my regular render.
starsector over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Yes, that's what they said Starsector. I'm thinking it's really going to change the way I do things.

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Also, it's exciting, but I'm really going to miss playing with the sun.

russ over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago
Actually, the mention of the day/night toggles is a little vague above.  It's after the discussion of the Iray but before the information on the Sun direction relativity change.
starsector over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I'm in the process of trying it on an old design now. The sun position option is still in the controls, But they said above it would always be the default for even regular renders now. He also said the lights would not go on until we made an iray render. I just did and it looks very good, but I have a lot of work to do due to the new wall thicknesses and learning how to adjust the lights. It seems like a lot of work, but my design has a lot of lights. Next render I will try the night toggle.

russ over 1y ago
Theadora - over 1y ago

Did a test with one of my designs and find that set at 75% night it's the inside that gets dark/gritty looking and the outside is still too light.

Sun/moon set at W/high but it looks like the reflection of the tree on the tub is through the north window.

Also the light above the tub has a large reflection on the north window even though it is directed downwards.

The thumbnail does not show the design with the lights on, it only shows after enlarging it.

Will delete test in a few days.

Theadora over 1y ago
Theadora - over 1y ago

For comparison before activation.

Theadora over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Theadora, how did you get the pic to show? Last time I tried only the link showed.

russ over 1y ago
Theadora - over 1y ago

You need to include a space after the link and the link will turn green. :)

Theadora over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Thanks! And you are right, I toggled "night" and got back a render that was even brighter outside, LOL! I only have one try left, wish me luck!

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I was using the night toggle wrong, just did a new one with it and it came back dismal! Will try day, but ower the sliding bar below it.

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Finally got it, I think. And you are right Theadora, neither the lights nor the render shows in the thumbnails of any size. In fact, they look worse than the regular render. I have 2 side-by-side. I don't think I will bother much with them until that is changed.

russ over 1y ago

Is there a possibility that Iray/photorealistic 3d would be free? For some reasons I can`t afford it. I wouldn`t be only one who would use it.

I agree with DMLights user... I had not realized reading the original post that using lighting would be a paid feature. (Speed reading has its disadvantages :) ) But I get it that you have to make money to keep up the site somehow!

for the "speed reading" i just copy paste for you

For the users that do not have any credits at this moment and would like to test this feature, please leave a comment in this thread and we'll add a few test-credits to your account.

you are welcome to comment here.. i know that not all users are able or willing to buy the credits.. any suggestions are welcome

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
JeroenBekkers - over 1y ago

Thanks for feedback. We'll fix thumbnails soon. 

About  offering this as a paid feature only for now: We are constantly looking to enhance the quality of the free renders.  We went from 640x480 to a 960x540 format and decreased delivery times from sometimes hours to on average under 1 minute. That is because we  love to see your designs in the best quality possible and even tough we do charge credits for higher quality renders , our businessmodel is not based on making money from you (the roomstyler community) or selling your data btw. We make our money by offering our tools (often whitelabelled) to retailers with their own collections and logo so they can use it for their designers and sales staff.

The reason why we need to charge somehow for higher quality renders is just the complexity and costs  involved in running the servers. On busy days you create close to 20.000 renders here on roomstyler. And the new photorealitic HD renders can take up to 1 hour to complete on a single server so we need to somehow limit the inflow of these renders or we would have a server meltdown.

In time we will surely explore more options to offer increased quality and photorealism to the free renders but for now it will be credit only.  

Many of you long time members already have a bunch of credits in their account that was unused in many cases.  I hope this new feature will give you a new reason to spend some credits on making re-renders of your all time favorites, for newer (active) users that do not have credits yet please drop us line at support@roomstyler.com and we'll provide you with some test credits or keep an eye on the contests as we'll soon provide more ways for you to earn/win credits through the contests without you spending money.

JeroenBekkers over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I want to thank all of you Jeroen for your hard work in improving even the regular renders that have so much to offer and allowing us all to use it so freely. This amazing creative outlet has become very important to me and many of us. These new renders are fabulous! I wanted to try lights, but see now this new render has much more to offer and will use it even for day scenes without lights. Bravo!

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I did have one question, after using it last night (kept me up far too late :-), I saw that it did have the sun position option in the controls still. Is this just disabled for now?

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I just ran into a snag in the "learning process" with the iray lighting. I decided to try it with one of my recent projects, but in my experimenting and learning about different light intensities and placements of lights, I used up all the three render tries and didn't get it just right. I know from my first attempt, the only way around that was to "save as" to a new file. This one I don't want to do that, as it is new and has a lot of nice comments already. I don't mind using more credits and buying more to experiment further on it. Is there any way to allow someone to purchase  more photo realistic credits and apply them to the same design? I'm only interested in learning to use them as best I can.:-)

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Also, I would like to caution everyone about using the reset "back" button in your planner, it also resets all your light settings and that can be a lot of work to fix.:-)

russ over 1y ago
DMLights-user-981894 - over 1y ago

Can't wait to try it.  Thanks so much.

Valentinapenta - over 1y ago

And may I please have some test credits?

Valentinapenta over 1y ago
nonehpets - over 1y ago

I like the effect of the lights - thank you for revisiting i-ray.  One question - we raised it a good while ago ... Mirrors do not reflect the outside (they used to do so) which gives a very unnatural effect - is this something you are still considering a solution for please?     

nonehpets over 1y ago
Theadora - over 1y ago

Made a test copy of "Lovely Leaves" which turned out great. It has now failed twice on the original.

Theadora over 1y ago
Theadora - over 1y ago

"Sweet Dreams" failed in photo realistic. I re-rendered in HD but that did not work either so I'm stuck with a dark room. Going to give it a break until things are straightened out ...

Theadora over 1y ago
Theadora - over 1y ago

P.S. I might come across as a bit cranky but I'm really excited about this development. What a difference between then and now ... thanks for all the hard work Roomstyler/Floorplanner staff and thanks for explaining everything to us Jeroen, very much appreciated. :)

Theadora over 1y ago

Hey guys! Thank you very much Roomstyler for this new feature and for making available on Roomstyler the lighting effects! Unfortunately I don't have credits to test :( can i have some, please? Thanks again

russ - over 1y ago

Theadora, I tried to re-render one of mine that got a photorealistic in a contest I didn't want (kind of brightened and washed out.) I found that just simply pushing re-render HD didn't work, it stayed photorealistic. Then I went into the planner and took another regular render from there. It helped a little and took away the photorealistic render, but this was an older design and I guess all renders have changed, I should have known better and will be more careful what I put in contests now.:-/

russ over 1y ago
I have re-rendered some rooms with the new photorealistic rendering option, never mind the thumbnails (will be fixed soon) but please click on the links to see the full render. Hope you like the results....

janip - over 1y ago

Here is my first try,I used the night toggle, shame that scenery not showing up when using full night toggle  .  

janip over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I noticed that too Janip, I called it dismal at first, but now think it might be an interesting effect when using RS exterior combined with a little lighting. Jeroen that lantern does look great, but I found in my experimenting that all the wall lamps I tried where not hooked up, maybe I just didn't try the right ones.

russ over 1y ago
ritsa - over 1y ago

yes please..I want it..thank you

ritsa over 1y ago
ritsa - over 1y ago

I do not have any credits

ritsa over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Hey, I just found out you can't download an image of your own "lit" room! :-(

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Never mind, I forgot about the emails. Everything shows up there.

russ over 1y ago

Thanks so much, Jeroen -   I appreciate it.  Hope to come up with something that can showcase all the improvements you and the team have created.  Great job.

#roomstyler i have a question.. if my account is not attached to email, where do i get the notification when my room is IRAY / PHOTOREALISTIC HD ready?

Ania Daliva over 1y ago

and if i do not like the render and i edited my design do i have to pay 3 credits again?

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Hey Ania, you get 3 tries to re-render after making the first one, there are little countdown numbers after the re-render option to help you keep track, if you use up all the rerenders, right now the only way to do more is to "save as" to a new file and purchase the render again for another 4 render chances. And for the email, have you checked your "edit profile" page? There, you can turn on your email notifications and also change your email address, I believe. Hope this helps.:-)

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

What I said above about the re-renders applies to the "photorealistic" render where you can turn the lights on, if that is what you mean. Not the regular HD render.

russ over 1y ago

thank you russ.. the notification show up at my newsfeed, and i did check my profile .. i see the email, totally forgot about it because i don't use yahoo anymore haha but here it is...

btw.. this is my first attempt to do "photorealistic" design.. not happy with the lights but will try again

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Ania,I know what you mean. I have done many renders experimenting and trying to learn. That general light slider in the controls has big effect on the overall render and it's hard to find the right balance. As for some of the lights, well I have just wound up turning some off, especially when they completely destroy detail in the shades you want to show.

russ over 1y ago
Theadora - over 1y ago

@Jeroen

I just realized that the designs that failed where entered in contests, when I made re-mixes of them they turned out fine.

Since I don't remember which designs were entered in contests I don't want to waste anymore credits so will have to wait till the "ban" on contests has been lifted. :)

Theadora over 1y ago
Ania Daliva over 1y ago

i took me 3 times to edit still not sure if i did my best but hey its my first try :) and i am quite happy... but the 30 min waiting for final render felt like forever haha

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
ritsa - over 1y ago

thank you..!!!!

ritsa over 1y ago

can we get quick tip on how to set the lights right.. i see you put the scale a little bit lower "day" .. is it enough to switch up the lights or do we have to go to every light and adjust in individual 

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
anniecleetus - over 1y ago

Im excited to try this Iray..please give me some credits?

anniecleetus over 1y ago

it is a bit trial & error. Most rooms I test I do not change anything. Look at this room. It comes out great without touching the light-settings.      

ritsa - over 1y ago

I think jeroen This is because we have very strong Daylight..I think jeroen

ritsa over 1y ago

How can i get free credits?? please help. Wanna try them.

anniecleetus over 1y ago

The daylight is indeed  too strong and makes outside images overexposed. We'll continue tweaking in both default settings as with configurable options. to be continued.....

@anniecleetus I've added some to your account.

ritsa - over 1y ago

THANK YOU..I made arrangements and I tried it and it works..

ritsa over 1y ago

Awww..thank you so much jeroen. 

anniecleetus over 1y ago
ritsa - over 1y ago
But it would be good to was free .. need a lot of settings for a good result
ritsa over 1y ago

Ok, thumbnails should now show the correct render with lights. See the thumb below or the rooms above in this post

ritsa - over 1y ago

yes..!!!!

ritsa over 1y ago

Is there something wrong ?  I just tried 3 Iray renders and each of them failed. 

Theadora - over 1y ago

Did you enter your design in a contest? I did mine and they failed...

Theadora over 1y ago

One was a contest entry, but not the other 2.  The last one finally rendered, so I guess it's just me. 

ritsa - over 1y ago
ritsa over 1y ago
ritsa - over 1y ago

Jeroen now it s ok..can I have any credits again?

ritsa over 1y ago
thefairysknight - over 1y ago

is this effect different than that achieved on DMlight?

thefairysknight over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

I tried this for the 2nd time on the same design but some of the glass renders blackish just like in DML, but oddly only some of the glass

Lackew over 1y ago

I'd like to try this render. Can you, roomstyler, add me credit for a test?

russ - over 1y ago

Jeroen, I noticed that the sunlight in your White and Green room seemed to stretch far into the room and found that the position of the sun was set to east and low. Does this mean that the  notifications that the sun position would stay fixed relative to the planner (top of planner is north and sun is from the northeast?) Will we still be able to work with different positions and altitudes?

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I meant to say does it mean that the original plan to have a fixed sun position has changed.

russ over 1y ago

how to undo the iray render?

i just made design and took 3D picture... and vwalahhh it came up with the lights on without me even doing or trying to open the light... I LIKE THAT!!! pls.. keep it this way

Ania Daliva over 1y ago

hehe, yep . we just added lights to the normal renders too. However these might come out a bit unrealistic sometimes as they are not using a realistic lightingmodel as the Photorealistic renders do.

ok.. i just got this message after trying to edit the room i just made

"Aw, snap!

Google Chrome run out of memory while trying to display this webpage"

this is the first time i see this message on screen not sure if its my computer or your server

Ania Daliva over 1y ago

Hmm, That is not serverrelated i think but  we'll look into this

its ok i found the issue i think i over done my plan with to many separated rooms lol (was trying to create wall columns).. its working now

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
sometimes i am here - over 1y ago

so i made a room,unfortnely with the lights,automatticly on,i am still aloud to enter it in a contest,or shoud i press them off,iff so how?

Not sur how it all works technically but as lights are on by default in all renders there is should be no limitation anymore to add rooms with lights to contests but let us look into that.

Ania Daliva over 1y ago

one issue.. notice the glass vase clock and rum glass, they all turned black :(

Ania Daliva over 1y ago

I noticed the black glass issue also.

Just a thought, wouldn't it be great if candles could also be lighted?

starsector - over 1y ago

@ Russ, the position of the sun is not fixed.  It's relative to the screen, now, instead of the camera.  It's default is Northeast/High.  But you can change it however you want.  (North is the top of the screen, South is the Bottom, East is the Right side, West is the Left side).

starsector over 1y ago
Joao M Palla - over 1y ago

My friends, maybe my mistake but.... I see no difference between the "normal" render and the one I made with this new feature... What I'm doing wrong?

https://d2sdvaauesfb7j.cloudfront.net/room_renders/17408304-1485887856.jpeg

Joao M Palla over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago

Hi Joao, you're lights are on :)  Did you use the new Iray render, or the regular?  Jeroen posted above (or another thread) that some of the lights will work in normal renders, now, too?

starsector over 1y ago

Hi. Yes, my lights are on!!I took the normal render first and then I try the the new one... but still looks the same....

Joao M Palla over 1y ago
Joao M Palla over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

@Starsector, I guess I misread it in my excitement to start and learn the process.

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I guess it will be much easier to do now that the lights show in the regular renders. I hope I can find time soon to try it and do something new.

russ over 1y ago
janip - over 1y ago

Here is my another test design where the lights are now on by default,this is HD render with settings Northwest/low.  

janip over 1y ago
Orionaute - over 1y ago

Hello gang, I was waiting for lights long time ago - congrats!!! Thank RS. I want to play with that - a real challenge - but I dont have credits neither than money... If you can, Jeroen, I will try to do something nice for you - hope to!! Anyway, Thankssss

Orionaute over 1y ago
Elaenerys - over 1y ago

Hi Jeroen , first of all thank you all very much for this wonderful feature; I was wondering if you tried to re-render my room  because I received some e-mails about the photorealistic render (some successful, some failed) and I didn't really try it at the beginning; I clicked on the re-render at a point but it didn't change because my room is a render of a picture created on DMLights, therefore the camera is still oriented out of the room.

Thank you very much anyway and hats off for these big changes! 

Elaenerys over 1y ago

Ah, that explains a lot. I did indeed try to re-render some of the DM lights room to HD image :-)   btw for those who have double accounts (room styler + DMlights) and you want to have all your designs to your current Roomstyler account. Please let us know by posting the 2 profiles in this post and we will copy your DMlights creations to your main Roomstyler account

Earvette - over 1y ago

My profile: Earvette/DMLights-user-1037168

Earvette over 1y ago
rrogers45 - over 1y ago

Thanks so much roomstyler....you guys rock!!!!

rrogers45 over 1y ago
DMLights-user-981894 - over 1y ago

Transferring my Dmlights' designs into Roomstyler will be great

DMLights-user-981894 to Valentinapenta.  Thanks.

janip - over 1y ago

Transferring my Dmlights designs to Roomstyler, thank you advance :)            DMLights-user-982019 to janip

janip over 1y ago

Sorry, forgot to thank you. Thanks.

headren - over 1y ago

Please transfer my DMLights designs and I would like some credits too please.

DMLights-user-1537111 to hdrenker - Thanks in advance!

headren over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I've started experimenting in private with some old designs, and I can say the thing I am most excited about in the new photorealistic renders is the advanced control of general light settings. I have been achieving atmospheres I always dreamed of having here! I wish somehow it could be transferred to the regular renders.

russ over 1y ago
InteriorDesigner111 - over 1y ago

Awsome!!!

Evgeniya Sinenko - over 1y ago

Hey) I came here today to finish some of my designns and realized that i can turn the light on but  I havent still realized till the end? Are we able to use lights on even on regular renders??? ) or it s just like a demo version?

Evgeniya Sinenko over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Cant seem to get enough brightness

Lackew over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Oh just noticed thee thumbnail is fine tho!

Lackew over 1y ago

@lackew this render engine uses a technique called  "raytracing" this means it produces an image with realistic lighting and if an image comes out to dark then not enough light sources are added to the drawing (or the light sources are obstructed or too low)   With our normal Roomstyler renders we compensate this  by giving all rooms an ambient light making it much harder to produce a dark image but this also means it lack a certain kind of realism. These new renders may take a bit more effort to get the lights right but once a scene is lighted correctly the results can be quite convincing I think.

btw we just added a page to the discover section where you can see the latest photorealistic renders of public rooms :   https://roomstyler.com/ideas/photorealistic 

now that adds a little spice to it.. ty i always go to discover then click today to see new designs and  discover new members... i am happy to see the roomstyler team working on and always brings some excitement   , you are always working to improve this website.. 

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Thanks Jeroen, I see it now works like DMl so I will have to add more lighting lol.

I usually use the disco light behind the camera or put in an extra door in to brighten up DML

Lackew over 1y ago
kmsharky - over 1y ago

I am a design student and new to the site.  I would love to be able to try the photorealistic HD before buying credits.  Thank You!

kmsharky over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

So what's up with the designs you put in this new photorealistic tab!? 2 of mine represented there were experimental renders I would never have made public and I see that all are separate from the ones on the main pages, not representing the likes or comments or any of the info attached to the design. I'm not liking this at all. It's like you came into someone's personal work space and picked up private discarded attempts and published them.:-/

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

And btw, how could they be "popular" designs when nobody ever saw them?

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Why can't they just reference the designs we made public?

russ over 1y ago

Russ, Jeroen never said the designs in the photorealistic tab would be based on popularity.   However, he did say only public designs would be featured.  So I can see you may have a "beef" if some of your private ones were shown.  Your comments read like you having a bad day.  You're usually pretty calm.   I'm sure the team will fix any problem you're experiencing.  They said several times that they're tweaking the new feature. 

I now see that Roomstyler is saying the photorealistic designs are popular.  That's not what Jeoren said,   "btw we just added a page to the discover section where you can see the latest photorealistic renders of public rooms :  https://roomstyler.com/ideas/photorealistic." Latest doesn't = popular - looks like more tweaking  is required.

These should be public designs only. We forgot to change the wording from popular to latest. Btw if you are sure it shows your private designs please let us know by an example and we'll fix it asap
russ - over 1y ago

I'm sorry I came off like that. Yes, my real-life work has been insanely stressful and I probably should take a break from here. But, even though the designs I made there are public, the renders representing 3 of my designs (and I suspect of others) were not the final renders that I made pubic, so therefore not the latest. They are these 3 designs:

https://roomstyler.com/users/828846/rooms/17524036

should be:

https://roomstyler.com/users/828846/rooms/17522993

and this (really messed up):

https://roomstyler.com/users/828846/rooms/17520869

should be this:

https://roomstyler.com/users/828846/rooms/17517409

and finally this:

https://roomstyler.com/users/828846/rooms/17360036

should be this:

https://roomstyler.com/users/828846/rooms/17360035

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I see by the order of numbers for each of the above, this does not make much sense. But, the second ones in each set are definitely the final ones I made public. Please let me know if you would prefer the image links, I appreciate your help and responding to this. Also, the popularity part of my comment was not really about "popularity." I was just trying to point out that these seem to be separate files than the others we have posted. They do carry the ability to give hearts and comments, but how would we know about them since they are not on our profile page and would not be represented in the designs we have made public? Again, thanks for your help.:-)

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

And oh, to be clear, I really don't mind that you use any of my finished designs in any way you want. It is your right and I have always been  honored when you do. I would prefer they be finished ones though.:-) 

russ over 1y ago

@Russ we are not using your designs in any way without permission. They are shown in the list because they are set to public by you , not because we chose them. FYI The roompage will always show the highest quality design so if there is an iray render for that room it will first show the iray even tough a lower quality render has been created afterwards. We might need to tweak that a bit.

russ - over 1y ago

Sorry, one more thing I thought of, if it would be easier for you to make a remix of the above designs (or any of mine) to post on that page in place of the above wrong renders, I definitely would not mind that!

russ over 1y ago

@russ this list is simply a generated list based on latest iray renders of public rooms. There is no human curation or remixing done whatsoever. 

russ - over 1y ago

Well, I don't know what happened, but the second ones in each set above are definitely the last ones I made and the only ones I made public.:-) They are the ones represented on the main discovery page and my profile page.

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

And they were all photorealistic renders.

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago
And please don't take anything I've said as criticism, I know this is all a work in progress and appreciate all the work you are doing. Just trying to prepare for a very hard day at work, got to go now.:-)
russ over 1y ago
ayudewi382 - over 1y ago

Thank you for all of Roomstyler team, for this new feature!

I will need time to explore, yet already made some designs with lights on. I hope i can improve it on my next designs, so definitely i will learn it from other designers who already create stunning designs using this new feature *can't wait*

Oh, anyway, thank you also for free photo realistic render for one of my latest design Flat for Rent, receive it today *so happy* 

ayudewi382 over 1y ago
Earvette - over 1y ago

Thanks for transfering my Dmlight designs to roomstyler.

Earvette over 1y ago

I also thank you for transferring my DmLights' account.

ayudewi382 - over 1y ago

Feel quite satisfied with this one. I didn't use any windows inside the room. Thanks! 

ayudewi382 over 1y ago
ayudewi382 - over 1y ago

Today, i try to render my design "City View" in to realistic photo. First, i want to make in to automatic night scenery, but it didn't work :( So, i used some wallpaper with an image of city view at night. It came okay in regular rendering. But, then when i tried to render it in to realistic photo, it came very very dark! the scenery of city view outside are gone(?) Now, i am trying to fix it, with 3 attempts in re-rendering in to photo realistic. I shall wait what will gonna happen in next attempt :)

ayudewi382 over 1y ago
ayudewi382 - over 1y ago
 First result of my City View design 
ayudewi382 over 1y ago
ayudewi382 - over 1y ago

My City View, after re-render 3 times :D 

-Day lighting setting, i choose Day - 0 (zero)

- Direction : Southeast

- Altitude low

The scenery image is back in place again and look more sharp this time.

I also added some extra ceiling lighting in the kitchen area and wall lighting to give some light to the center (dining table + chairs)

ayudewi382 over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I had some time to look into the issue I had with the photorealistic tab page renderings. Of the four I have represented there, only one is the actual image I made public, and that is the only one I did not use the "photorealistic re-render" option. The other three I used the "photorealistic re-render" tool before making public and it seems the images there represent my first attempts I kept private.

russ over 1y ago
Interiors by Laura - over 1y ago

Not sure I really understand this entire feature. The lights in my latest design don't all seem to be showing the same. If you look @ the middle chandelier against the far wall it is casting a bright light on the ceiling.  But the same light used 6 other times in the room are not casting any sort of light on the ceiling.  I also tried the night feature, but it still looks bright in the room.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  https://roomstyler.com/rooms/17538074/cozy-restaurant

Interiors by Laura over 1y ago

There are 2 new features added around lights in the past weeks. the first one is that we added lights to the majority of our lamps in Roomstyler. There is a new tab that allows you to control lights individually and also provide you some more options in the general light settings. However our current render engine uses some “tricks” to make all scenes to be lighted enough and even when especially when you turn the lights real low you will see that with the current rendering a scene is still not really dark. These “tricks” allows us to produce results fast and also make it easier for beginners to make well-lit rooms but lack a sense of realism in certain scenes.

Therefor we also introduced our Photorealistic renders. This uses a different render engine. this engine creates more realistic results but easily take 10x, sometimes even 50x he time of our normal renders . Besides that it is also more difficult to make the lighting of a scene look really good. However, when used well, the results can be stunning. 

For now this new render engine will be a paid feature only (3 credits for a HD renders with up to 3 re-tries) but we love to provide active users of the Roomstyler community with test credits (I already added some to your account a few days ago) and will also provide more ways for community members to earn credits through the contests.

Here are 2 rooms , both rooms with lights on. the first one rendered with the normal renderer :

and this one with the new renderer:  

@laura I just did 2 renders of your cozy restaurant with our new photorealistic renderer one with day settings and one with night settings and this is how they came out. Please feel free to play around a bit with the settings you should have some credits in your account to test with.

btw another nice comparison:

and this one with new renderer:  

Wow, what did we ever do to deserve the Roomstyler team? Thanks, guys! I can't get enough of the new features. :-)

ayudewi382 - over 1y ago

Thanks, JB & Roomstyler for another 15 credits :)

Anyway, made this club design, so surprise with the difference in painted wall. In regular HD rendered design, we can see the wall as a common painted wall. But, after it got rendered in photorealistic, the wall seems like have a velvet effect? Its quite nice. I was so surprised.

Okay, here the regular HD rendered design

ayudewi382 over 1y ago
ayudewi382 - over 1y ago

And this one after got rendered in photorealistic. The wall, not too velvetty of course, just a bit, yet giving a very different mood if compare with the regular one. 

ayudewi382 over 1y ago

Another good example of the difference in renderers. Original room:  

Same room rendered in photorealistic mode (no lights adjusted)  

Earvette - over 1y ago

I`m really glad that we have more lighting option, especially when we can choose lighting  for each room. Great Job.

Earvette over 1y ago

The team may want to look into the  Latest Photorealistic Renders tab.  Looks like it may  present the 1st or 2nd render, but not the last of the 3 tries we get.  Example, I just made a photorealistic render, and after adjusting the settings, made the 3rd one public.  However, the 2nd render is being shown in the latest render section.  It's not very good since the wine glasses look black without any reflections.     

TTD - over 1y ago

Many thanks to RS for the credits added to my account. Appreciate all your hard work!

TTD over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Thank you Valentina, exactly the point I was trying to make many times before. The last design I made, after using some of the re-render options up, I used three more credits in a new file before making it public to make sure the render I wanted was posted. I also think there are other problems there I won't go into.

russ over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I will say, that if I want to like and/or comment on a new design I see there, I go to the original on that designer's page or elsewhere to do so. I know that you've caught that too, thanks!

russ over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago

Here's my original version of blossom in 4K Render:

https://d2sdvaauesfb7j.cloudfront.net/room_renders/17641471-1486862665.jpeg

starsector over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago
starsector over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago

And since I had free credits provided by the wonderful Roomstyler team, I decided to do another round of test renders with lots more overhead lights because....fun!!.

But then I discover that the 'Render' Options still say Retries (0) with no option to buy another 3-credit round. Normally, I would have just did a "Save As" and create a new file to get the Photorealistic option. But this design was already public and entered into the Restaurant contest....so that's a problem.

So 1) how do we get an option to use 3 more credits on the same design?

or else 2) can we get an option to restore to a previous version? (that would be a helpful option in any case)

And 3) may I recommend that the Retry popup give a helpful hint:

Remember to Resave before Retry! lol!

(PS Sorry about the duplicate posts in the Fix Furniture thread....brain fog!

starsector over 1y ago

Thanks for the feedback. We'll fix these issues soon....

starsector - over 1y ago

Thanks Jeroen!  Since I had resaved my design before realizing I couldn't buy another round of renders, it was just a regular render, so I restored it to the 4k version.

And I finally realized what Russ and Valentina were saying about the "versions" being displayed thru the Discover tab.

Go to the "Discover" page, then click the "Photorealistic" tab.  Find my 'blossom design' there and click on that.  The version you get is the first original photorealistic render (not even the 1-3 Retries):  

But if I click on the name link (blossom) it takes me to my actual current image on my profile with hearts/comments.

starsector over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago
Thanks for the credits!

I want to make a photorealistic render of this... can you please add some credits to my account?

afg15 over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

I have found another glitch that may be related to the displaying of photorealistic renders. I just tried to hightlight on my profile page two of my recent rooms, neither one represented the final render I made public. One did not have the lights on (louis paulsen billiard lights) and the other (and possibly the first as well) did not represent the overall light level I chose for the final design.

russ over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Not sure what this is about but a wall appeared in a render that is Not there ??

https://d2sdvaauesfb7j.cloudfront.net/room_renders/17768393-1487519842.jpeg

the wall even has door openings???

Lackew over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Actually I noticed a couple of walls that are not in 3Dplanner...here is the normal render

Lackew over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago
Lackew over 1y ago

i think i may crashed,it i dont know,but this design

would not show up with lights on,in the "thumbnail"......it only shows up when click on the design

oh,sorry it fixed,it by itself....

Ania Daliva over 1y ago

i really don't like that much light going on.. i try to adjust it but the render takes so long

Ania Daliva over 1y ago

Ania Daliva over 1y ago

please remove the photorealistic render.. ty

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago

Hi, can I have more credits... I wasted some experimenting with the photo-realistic render. thanks.

afg15 over 1y ago
MandyB84 - over 1y ago

I created a photorealistic render of my latest design last night, but it came out too dark. But now I don't have the option to retry anymore... Was it only a temporary thing to be able to retry 3 times? 

MandyB84 over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Same thing happened to me this week Mandy.

russ over 1y ago
Alecio - over 1y ago

Roomstyler se supera a cada dia que passa...Parabéns!!

Alecio over 1y ago
MandyB84 - over 1y ago

(It's not my latest design anymore ;) It's the one called "Knus")

MandyB84 over 1y ago
MandyB84 - over 1y ago

I purchased a photorealistic render of my design "Come on in" last Saturday, but it failed (I see a triangle with an exclamation mark under my transactions). Could you please refund the 3 credits? Thank you :)

MandyB84 over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago

hi, can I have more credits? thanks in advance!

afg15 over 1y ago
ronjones0991 - over 1y ago

I would like to test this feature.

Thanks 

ronjones0991 over 1y ago

i scroll upp in this forum,its a shame that i cant redo renders,because on of my design went to dark.....

russ - over 1y ago

I have been using "save as" to make a new file and start over from that point. Of course, it does mean using 3 more credits.

russ over 1y ago
ayudewi382 - over 1y ago

Happened to me also @Mandy & Russ :(

I edited the design that already rendered in IRAY, but then i see there are no option to re-render? It used to have 3 x re-render option. I haven't use that 3x re-render option. 

ayudewi382 over 1y ago
Ja Willar - over 1y ago
How do I get credits now? And big credits? I have to buy?
Ja Willar over 1y ago

i think that  rs needs to work on the 3d rendering (with the lights on)so it would work....

because it is stuck...

no sorry it works,but only when you enter "take a 3d photo" twice...

i found this under discover/photorealistic.. its not mine.. but if you can help this member and render it in the right way pls.. its so dark you can't see anything

Ania Daliva over 1y ago

i remixed the room to show you how it looks (set as private because it not mine design) was just tasting

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago

As a few people reported above, and in this thread:  https://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/10005

We no longer have the ability to re-try a photorealistic render.  I purchased one which was initially too dark.  The popup from the 3 dots said I had 3 Retries.  But then I made changes and resaved it, I refreshed my room page (which now had a regular render).  Then the little popup no longer said Retries and only gave me the option to purchase another photorealistic with 3 credits.

It was this design:   

starsector over 1y ago
hernankern - over 1y ago

I'd like to test the photorealistic feature if you can add credits to my account. I have noy been able to purchase credits. Something wrong with the purchising process. Thank you

hernankern over 1y ago
marleinxs - over 1y ago

I was  just wondering, now we can re-render 3 times, but is there a chance that we can retry the photorealistic render unlimited?

marleinxs over 1y ago
marleinxs - over 1y ago

So I tried the photo-realistic render, stupid, because I tried it when my room wasn't ready. I didn't realize you weren't able to re-render. My room came out to dark, but I have spend 3 credits on it.. What can I do?  https://d2sdvaauesfb7j.cloudfront.net/room_renders/18135201-1489153981.jpeg

marleinxs over 1y ago
Sidney Liebrand - over 1y ago

Hi Marleinxs!

The ability to re-render a photorealistic render was broken, it has been fixed now and you should be able to re-render your room.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. For more information check: https://roomstyler.com/forum/discussions/9988

Regards,

Sidney Liebrand

Sidney Liebrand over 1y ago
marleinxs - over 1y ago

Oh I see! Thanks a lot!!

marleinxs over 1y ago
janip - over 1y ago

Cant re-render on photorealistic  render (3) as the link dose not work, could you please have a look at this that I don't loose my 3 credits for nothing.

Thank you advance :)

janip over 1y ago
Sidney Liebrand - over 1y ago

Hi Janip!

I've checked the last room you've rendered, it came out as a successful photorealistic render: 

Let me know if I'm missing something here :)

Regards,

Sidney Liebrand

Sidney Liebrand over 1y ago
janip - over 1y ago

Hey Sidney  thank you for the reply, When I used re-render option,the pop up window did not show up so there for I thought the link did not work,I left the message here and logged out, but yes it has rendered now anyway some point last night. :)

janip over 1y ago

the ceiling lights are not lighting up, and same with picture lights.. i want to take a Photorealistic picture but i want to make sure first that the light work right.. little help pls

Ania Daliva over 1y ago
chi mi - over 1y ago
I would like to test this feature, thank you
chi mi over 1y ago
ss333 - over 1y ago

I would like to test this feature PHOTOREALISTIC HD 

ss333 over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago

can I please have more credits? Thanks!

afg15 over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago

Like Ania above, I'm struggling with lights.  I'm trying to use between 5-7 of the "Emily 5 light Chandelier".  No matter what I do, I can't get their brightness to be equal.  Some are dim, others are extraordinarily bright.  I've tried dimming the bright ones and raising the dim ones.  I've tried deleting them all, and bringing in 7 new ones (and also just using 'duplicates').  

I wanted to get these right so I could do an Iray/Photorealistic.  Otherwise, I would just shut them off and do a regular render.  Any help or tips would be appreciated. ;)

starsector over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago

It seems that the lights work more consistently in the Iray/photorealistic, then in the regular render.  I was able to have the chandeliers show up evenly bright in Iray, even if they were erratic in the regular.  I'm pleased with the results :)

starsector over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago

I'm sure others have reported this, but when I selected the above room to 'highlight' on my profile, the large thumbnail(?) that displays is not the photorealistic version, only the regular render version.  That matters particularly because of the previously mentioned problem getting the chandeliers to display at equal wattage (my son said I needed to call in a contractor to fix the wiring in my 'old warehouse', lol).

starsector over 1y ago
russ - over 1y ago

Yes, I posted about the highlights somewhere a awhile back Star. With my experimenting with them, I found many different variations in what was displayed. Some of them were versions I had never seen before and none were what I actually made public.

russ over 1y ago
MandyB84 - over 1y ago

I believe it has been reported before, but most glass objects turn out black in the photorealistic render (like the fireplace below). Will this be fixed?

MandyB84 over 1y ago
starsector - over 1y ago

A couple of suggestions/issues:

1)  When I'm using the lightbulb icon to adjust lights, etc., every time I click an adjustment, I'm automatically bumped out of that tab into item description or something else.  I have to keep clicking back into the lightbulb tab for more adjustments.

2)  When using PhotoRealistic, I've noticed that I tend to go a 'bridge too far' by the time I've used my 4th and last Re-try.  Often, I was more pleased with the one before that.  I think it would be really helpful if there was an option to Select between the 4 Renders to display on the profile, rather than just deleting the IRay and restoring it to the original, regular render.  I think people would feel they're getting maximum use of their 3 credits.  

starsector over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago

hi, starsector I also have that first problem you described. it's really annoying even though I usually don't use lighting. Hopefully rs team can fix it.

afg15 over 1y ago
Evgeniya Sinenko - over 1y ago

Hello today i tried to make 4 IRAY/PHOTOREALICTIC renders of one room. And all of them faild. Now i am out of credits at all. Is it possible to refund credits?

Evgeniya Sinenko over 1y ago
tomvdvalk - over 1y ago

Hi there! I just tried the regular HD render. Although quite good I would like to test this photorealistic renderer to see if it's even better. Thanks!

tomvdvalk over 1y ago
evahassing - over 1y ago

I also had 3 iray renders fail in a row. The fourth one was a success.

evahassing over 1y ago
KevStormJ - over 1y ago

I'd like to do some render testing...can someone make that a possibility? Thanks!

KevStormJ over 1y ago
MandyB84 - over 1y ago

I also had 2 iray renders fail this week, and 1 is still processing (for about 20 hours now...).

MandyB84 over 1y ago

Me too have the same problem!

anniecleetus over 1y ago
anchajaya - over 1y ago

Just found this discussion, didn't realized it is such a new thing. I have noticed that duplicated lights are not as bright as the 1st one I place on some of the lights; after rendering lights are much brighter; background, glass and water become black. There is a 15 lights limit. Some lights don't seem to be on after you have more then 15 but would be on after iray.

anchajaya over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago

I would like to make an iray render of this- can I please have some credits?

afg15 over 1y ago
evahassing - over 1y ago

I now have 6 failed iray renders :( 

evahassing over 1y ago
anchajaya - over 1y ago

I created this room to try for VR and realistic render. I don't think it worked, don't know if I am suppose to request for it again?   

anchajaya over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago

Aww eva I feel bad... sometimes I feel like it's not worth it to do iray and waste credits...

afg15 over 1y ago
evahassing - over 1y ago

Thanks afg15 :) I know what you mean. It´s a like a lottery and if you win you get the iray haha..

evahassing over 1y ago
anchajaya - over 1y ago

I end up requesting 4 times because the button doesn't show I made the request, not sure if credit was subtracted each time and don't know how to check if that happened.

anchajaya over 1y ago
evahassing - over 1y ago

Move the cursor over your name and click transactions anchajaya, you should see it there

evahassing over 1y ago
anchajaya - over 1y ago

Thank you evahassing~! I found the recording for the transactions. They are no records that show each time credits were taken, just the first requests so my credits are going down down down each time I click thinking the request didn't go through. I clicked 6 times for 15 blue project so it finally says -4 on the render.

anchajaya over 1y ago
anchajaya - over 1y ago

I am sharing this project which was used to experiment with both HD and IRay render. The lighting in HD render is closer to the original lighting set up while IRay has extreme contrast of light and dark. Each time you click on "create X render" credits would be taken even if it is in process. Until this issues is fixed, keep in mind credits would be taken each time even if it is for the same image request. Hopefully this technical issue would be fixed or RS is going to have lots of unhappy customers. Hopefully the hard working programming staff would take a look at my history for Blue 15 and Jaya warehouse kitchen to learn the differences. I have also designed these rooms for Panoramic view for lighting experimentation. Good lucky RS~ keep up the great work!

anchajaya over 1y ago
anchajaya - over 1y ago

Thank you for the successful rendering of the project! I am happy with the shapes these glass objects created, how do you like the lighting? 

anchajaya over 1y ago
Agata_ody - over 1y ago

Oh that's sound great! I want try it :)

Agata_ody over 1y ago
anchajaya - over 1y ago

I need help finishing this room. I had multiple screens up and one of them override the last render so my result is not the IRay render. I promise I will not touch it again after it is done. Sorry for the trouble~ 

anchajaya over 1y ago
anchajaya - over 1y ago

render failed :(  

anchajaya over 1y ago
anchajaya - over 1y ago

Thank you for all the help as I am learning the process for photo real rendering~ 

anchajaya over 1y ago
Agata_ody - over 1y ago
Agata_ody over 1y ago
rrogers45 - over 1y ago

I can't see any of the popular rooms for today or for the week. When i click on those icons it reads No rooms match your query have been found. 

Can any tell me what I can do to fixed this problem???

rrogers45 over 1y ago
Theadora - over 1y ago

There is nothing you can do to fix this problem. There are a lot of things malfunctioning at the moment and it's up to Roomstyler to fix them. 

Theadora over 1y ago
NikolinaB26 - over 1y ago

A little late, but I want to try. Can I get the credits, plz

NikolinaB26 over 1y ago
_Taz_ - over 1y ago

Fantastic!

_Taz_ over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago

can I please make an iray?

afg15 over 1y ago
missgalesue - over 1y ago

Hi there,

I just read your post about free credits, so of course rushed right over.  I read that there have been difficulties with using credits, so I'd like to try them before I buy them.

Thank you in advance if you are able to give them to me, and thank you more for Roomstyler, it's fun.  It'll be more so when I actually know what I'm doing!

Gale Sue

missgalesue over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago

I want to make an iray of this, but I feel like it's not going to work out. Is it possible that someoine on the rs team could please help me figuring out a good setting ? thanks

afg15 over 1y ago
Lackew - over 1y ago

Hi RS Techs, this Iray appears to be very grainy but there is no option to reRender

Lackew over 1y ago

I bought an Iray render yesterday and see that there is no option to rerender also.  Has this option been eliminated?

afg15 - over 1y ago

hey, if it's possible, can I have 1 credit please?

afg15 over 1y ago
rrogers45 - over 1y ago

Can someone check my general lighting because the day light isnt as bright

rrogers45 over 1y ago
rrogers45 - over 1y ago

Can someone check my general lighting settings...the day light isnt as bright as it use to be please..if possible can i have some credits please?

rrogers45 over 1y ago
Can i get some more credits please? ;)
anniecleetus over 1y ago
LaModeCeleste - over 1y ago

can I have some credits, please?

LaModeCeleste over 1y ago
afg15 - over 1y ago

Hi, I'm requesting some more credits please :)

afg15 over 1y ago
goncalosgomes - over 1y ago

Can I please have some test credits?

goncalosgomes over 1y ago
Lifandus - over 1y ago

Hello! Can I please have some credits???

Lifandus over 1y ago
hellings - 1 year ago

I would like to have some credits ? How can I get them?

Can I upgrade the room styler?

Monica

hellings 1 year ago
Lackew - 1 year ago

Monica the easiest way is to Buy credits or place in the 10 ten of the contests!

Lackew 1 year ago
Lifandus - 1 year ago

Actually @Lackew and @Monica, if you place in the top 15, then u also get credits as well!!!

Lifandus 1 year ago
if22andrushka - 1 year ago

Hello, can I also get some free credits pls? Thank you.

if22andrushka 1 year ago
Lifandus - 1 year ago

Why don't IRAY rooms appear in IRAY when they're shown as the winner on any contest background (Copper and Pink + Different Tables are examples) or when I highlight a room? Just curious....

Lifandus 1 year ago
Lackew - 1 year ago

Is it possible to have  the IRay version show on our Profile page when highlighted also? Or do we have to create an HD version before the IRay prior to Highlighting????

Lackew 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

really, Lifandus?! I've placed 15 multiple times and have"nt gotten credits... :(

afg15 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

*haven't

afg15 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

hi, my panorama render isn't loading... I just used all my 'Retry HD panorama's.

afg15 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

the pano view and VR aren't working

afg15 1 year ago
alyxjo - 1 year ago

Is there a way to get trial credits? I'm trying to purchase but the page is down. I'm using Chrome and I tried using IE as well as Firefox.

alyxjo 1 year ago
LaModeCeleste - 1 year ago

Can I please have some trial credits?

LaModeCeleste 1 year ago
rrogers45 - 1 year ago

For some reason I can't enter the contest....dont know why it won't allow me to do so....this has been going on for while now....do you have any suggestions what to do or why and is it possible to get some credits please?

rrogers45 1 year ago
dZynerSuPreme - 1 year ago

Hello. Last month was the first time that I had ever bought credits and apparently I wasn't as clear as I needed to be, on the correct process of how to re-render 4k projects, which has cost me 8 credits out of the 20 that I purchased.  I had been inactive on the site when the 4k feature was first introduced and missed the chance to receive trial credits.  Am I able to get credited back for them?

Also, the 4k renders are taking a whole longer to generate than they did for me last month. Hours instead of minutes.

dZynerSuPreme 1 year ago
Perry Immerman - 1 year ago

look that picure  of your dont do you justice i makes me think of boris karloff

Perry Immerman 1 year ago
afg15 - 1 year ago

hi, can I please have 1 or 2 trial?

afg15 1 year ago
Lackew - 1 year ago

Are we any closer to having the IRay show when highlighted in our profiles?

Lackew 1 year ago
Lifandus - 1 year ago

Hello. This IRAY/Photorealistic room is appearing very grainy. Is there any solution to such a problem?

Lifandus 1 year ago
marleinxs - 12 months ago

Can I have a few credits please? ;)

marleinxs 12 months ago
hauser - 12 months ago

@ Lifeandus : The solution is more light. Dark rooms ( Night Modus ) in IRAY/Photorealistic pictures are  another story . I use wall art as a solution. I tried it with your room.

4 K in night Modus  :

hauser 12 months ago
hauser - 12 months ago

IRAY

hauser 12 months ago
Lifandus - 12 months ago

Thanks hauser!

Lifandus 12 months ago
crosette - 11 months ago
Hi all! I know it's been a while! Hope everyone is doing well. I was going to enter the Pub competition but got caught up in playing with the lighting features RS now offers. So fun! However This was my final design after three renders. It is very grainy lookin and not very clear in places. wondering if anyone has any suggestion as to whether I did not light well enough or if this is a rendering issue? I can def see the diff in depth in the 3d vs. the HD render, however the clarity (in this case) is not so great.   
crosette 11 months ago
Theadora - 11 months ago

Hi Crosette, welcome back! :)

If you move the daylight slider more to the right (just after the y of day) you get a much better result. Just experiment with the settings. :)

Theadora 11 months ago
crosette - 11 months ago

I will try that, thanks Theadora!

crosette 11 months ago
maryjoperez503 - 9 months ago

YES, I'd love to try this feature. By the way, how do we get credits?

maryjoperez503 9 months ago
anniecleetus - 9 months ago

Can I have a few credits please?  Thanks in Advance.

anniecleetus 9 months ago

can you add korean stuff on this website so i can have a little more fun because i noticed that there is Chinese and Japanese but not Korean if you could add Korean stuff that would be awsome

Naavarin - 8 months ago

Hi! Why does my photorealistic render make it so dark can you please fix it? Thank you! Here is the link: 

Naavarin 8 months ago
anniecleetus - 7 months ago

please give me credits.......please..................................:(

anniecleetus 7 months ago
hauser - 7 months ago

Naavarin, i tried it, and even for me, it was difficult  to find the right light. 

- i reduced the hight of the room and closed the room on the left and behind the camera so the light can reflect.

-i changed the sun position to give the light a way in the room.

-i increased the daylight, but dimed the brightness and the lamps down to normal. 

-i put another glazed-door in the right wall.

hauser 7 months ago
Naavarin - 7 months ago

Thank Hauser! I tried also to put in in daylight but I don't know why it came so dark.. Everything I did it came so dark.. But U made it great! Is it possible that in IRAY you have to have the right lightning that it become so (you have to put light inside) or it become so dark?

Naavarin 7 months ago
hauser - 7 months ago

Yes, that is the point. Your position of the sun is southwest and medium . This is the mainreason i think for the semi-shade and the darkness you see. Also the lampmodel seems to work not very well. In IRAY the software tries to work like a modern camera - noise, hot pixels etc. can be the results everytime a camera works at its physically borders, esspecially in lowlight areas.  To avoid this, you have to think and work like a photographer. Light "wants" and needs to be reflected. If the room is build the right way with the right light settings, even the normal rendering can look very real. I make it public, so you can see my settings. 

hauser 7 months ago
Naavarin - 7 months ago

Thank you so much Hauser! That was very helpful :) Now I know for the next time! :D 

Naavarin 7 months ago
jonathanpham1905 - 7 months ago

thank so much. i wanna try it

jonathanpham1905 7 months ago
Daisy320 - 6 months ago

I keep losing my scenery when I do another photo realistic render. Using all three of my renderings and I have no more credits. I get all the lights on beautifully but no scenery....help? 

Daisy320 6 months ago
Daisy320 - 6 months ago

I took it off the night setting and put it on low day light but it is lighter than I want. I have no more credits, but at least my scenery is showing and the lights are all on . .. .can't do more than that. . .. design 369 Pizzaria Roma. :) 

Daisy320 6 months ago
hauser - 6 months ago

Night Modus takes off the scenery, if you use it with paid rendering. Only in normal rendering it creates a special contrast with scenery .

hauser 6 months ago
Earvette - 5 months ago

Can you tell me is there a way to make the scenery darker without photo or paid rendering? 

Earvette 5 months ago
hauser - 5 months ago

It is difficult, it seems, the algorithm interact with several factors 

- the scenery

- color of walls 

- material of walls 

- light settings 

- night modus 

- camera angle

- room hight and size

- number of lights 

- sun position 

- even by downloading the image end uploading it again , a picture can be made darker. 

hauser 5 months ago
Earvette - 5 months ago

I`d like the color of exterior wall to be darker, but it still seems lighter after rendering than it should be.

Earvette 5 months ago
hauser - 5 months ago

This one ? 

hauser 5 months ago
Earvette - 5 months ago
Can you make it public?
Earvette 5 months ago
hauser - 5 months ago

Public.

hauser 5 months ago
Earvette - 5 months ago
Yea, this is the effect I'd like to achieve.
Earvette 5 months ago
Earvette - 5 months ago

By the way. This house looks very nice.

Earvette 5 months ago
hauser - 5 months ago

;-)... thanks.

hauser 5 months ago
Earvette - 5 months ago

Did you use photorealist render?

Earvette 5 months ago
hauser - 5 months ago

No, too less light. It would be full of false pixels. Unfortunately the algorithm didn´t make longtime exposure. This is the normal rendering "make a photo" . 

hauser 5 months ago
Earvette - 5 months ago

Ok. thank you

Earvette 5 months ago
axjns005 - 4 months ago

fight me

axjns005 4 months ago